BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

09-18-2018, 07:37 AM   #1
gbrawsen
Registered
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran coupe

New M6 GC owner few teething issues

hi there, just picked up my M6 GC, few issues hoping some of you will have a few ideas;

1) increased battery discharge when stationary... this seems to have gone away mostly since i have taken the car on a few blasts. Checked battery and still have 12A.

2) the comfort access locking sensor doesnt really work, very unpredictable. unlocks when i open the door handle, doesnt seem to close properly.

3) ODD unlocking noise coming from the fuel filler cap when i unlock with the remote. Lasts about 10 seconds and stops. Also noticed when i touch the comfort access sensor on the handle i hear the unlocking noise coming from the filler flap.

4) the tyre air reading system isnt working, cant get a reading from it. Warning about a system not working comes up on the dash - any ideas.

Could these electrical faults all be connected some how?

my gut feeling is that 1-3 are connected and the 4th is a separate issue.

Any advice would be welcomed. Cheers
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 11:10 AM   #2
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Not sure about 1-3, perhaps it'll resolve once you drive her and get a better charge. As to #4, do you have tinted windows? If so, depending on the film, that could be interfering with the signal, or so I'm told.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 05:03 PM   #3
gbrawsen
Registered
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran coupe

yes i do, how would tinted windows be connected to tyre monitors? did you mean to say the tints could affect the comfort access/fob alarm stuff?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 09:01 PM   #4
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

http://thespokaneshop.com/spokane-wi...ndow-tint-film

In addition to metalized film affecting GPS, it would interfere with any other radio transmission, like Bluetooth, comfort access or... TPMS, or so I'm told.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 11:48 PM   #5
Margas
Private
Rep
Drives: F06 640i / E30 325ic

The first three issues are due to a faulty comfort access door handle. I had similar issues: excessive battery discharge prompt and clicking fuel door if I walked to the passenger side.

Dealer replaced the handle and problems fixed.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 10:10 AM   #6
mgmarsh39
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margas View Post
The first three issues are due to a faulty comfort access door handle. I had similar issues: excessive battery discharge prompt and clicking fuel door if I walked to the passenger side.

Dealer replaced the handle and problems fixed.
Ugh... My driver's door does this crap every now and then. Guess it's back to the dealer since my warranty expires next month.
Appreciate 1