BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-14-2021, 05:36 PM   #1
London.Alex
New Member
0
Rep
24
Posts

Drives: BMW M6 Competition Package
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Upgrade MMI or use a dongle?

Hey Guys!

In the position of trying to update my car entertainment system. However, I am stuck with what the best cost-effective route would be long term. I have a BMW M6 2012 F13.

What I have found out so far:
1. Change the screen to an android.
2. Use a apple mmi interface adapter, that works with your current system.
3. Or the most expensive, change the whole mmi system from a CIC to NBT EVO ID5.

Obviously, the last option is very expensive, but is it worth the money compared to the others?

If you have done this or are in a similar position, I am open to all ideas and comments.

PS I have scrolled through the forums and I still did not find an answer. I only say this before you start mentioning "search the forum"

Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2021, 07:11 PM   #2
eidde
Private
17
Rep
80
Posts

Drives: 2015 m6
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: tejas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by London.Alex View Post
Hey Guys!

In the position of trying to update my car entertainment system. However, I am stuck with what the best cost-effective route would be long term. I have a BMW M6 2012 F13.

What I have found out so far:
1. Change the screen to an android.
2. Use a apple mmi interface adapter, that works with your current system.
3. Or the most expensive, change the whole mmi system from a CIC to NBT EVO ID5.

Obviously, the last option is very expensive, but is it worth the money compared to the others?

If you have done this or are in a similar position, I am open to all ideas and comments.

PS I have scrolled through the forums and I still did not find an answer. I only say this before you start mentioning "search the forum"

Thanks guys!
i did #2 it had some issues but once i realized i can plug in my phone directly to the usb its been working flawlessly
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 03:42 PM   #3
London.Alex
New Member
0
Rep
24
Posts

Drives: BMW M6 Competition Package
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eidde View Post
i did #2 it had some issues but once i realized i can plug in my phone directly to the usb its been working flawlessly
why did you not go for the other options? The second option is not that far off the first one. However from what i read, the glare is shit
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 11:38 PM   #4
eidde
Private
17
Rep
80
Posts

Drives: 2015 m6
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: tejas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by London.Alex View Post
why did you not go for the other options? The second option is not that far off the first one. However from what i read, the glare is shit
I was unaware of the first when i did it. I probably would of went the first option
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
entertainment, idrive, mmi

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 PM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST