BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

06-13-2019, 12:59 PM   #1
castlesteve
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Coupe, 2017 X5M

Comfort Access Door Handle Removal

Doesnt seem that there is anyone who has posted the details on an F - 6 series comfort access door handle removal.

Mine is bonkers...so I need to disable it until I can order a new one.

Anyone know if it's 4mm, 15T or 25T? Seems to be a varied instruction set and I cannot see the bolt inside the access hole at all
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 12:01 AM   #2
castlesteve
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Coupe, 2017 X5M

I'll follow up and answer my own question.

Pulling back the rubber cover on the inside of the door exposes an oblong, hotdog shaped access hole. From that hole, you can use a T25 to loosen the screw (it remains in place) for the lock/light portion. This is not needed for just removing the handle though.

The handle is accessed with a T15 driver. Back it out a few rotations and the handle can be lifted out. The hinge side exposes the power connector for the light (2 pin connector) and the 4 pin connector for the comfort access. I just removed the 4 pin connector and put the handle back in place.

Now, the car still detects the key from the drivers door and the trunk, but not passenger side. So all the functionality is still there except passenger side. Also my battery drain warning is now gone as is the faulty detection of the key when inside the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 09:26 AM   #3
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2023, 09:27 AM   #4
Big G 1979
Rep
Drives: BMW 640d

Quote:
Originally Posted by castlesteve View Post
I'll follow up and answer my own question.

Pulling back the rubber cover on the inside of the door exposes an oblong, hotdog shaped access hole. From that hole, you can use a T25 to loosen the screw (it remains in place) for the lock/light portion. This is not needed for just removing the handle though.

The handle is accessed with a T15 driver. Back it out a few rotations and the handle can be lifted out. The hinge side exposes the power connector for the light (2 pin connector) and the 4 pin connector for the comfort access. I just removed the 4 pin connector and put the handle back in place.

Now, the car still detects the key from the drivers door and the trunk, but not passenger side. So all the functionality is still there except passenger side. Also my battery drain warning is now gone as is the faulty detection of the key when inside the car.
An old thread I know but hopefully you are still in this group and can help me, that T25 screw you access thru the hotdog hole would it sort out my wobbly handle? my handle moves up and down a good bit
Appreciate 0