BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      01-10-2019, 12:35 PM   #1
littleump
Private
Rep
Drives: x5 40i

black kidney grills?

was thinking of swapping the chrome ones out for the black ones but have you seen the price of them from bmw uk ? (hurry up china and get them knock offs churned out)
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 01:35 PM   #2
M2Andy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleump View Post
was thinking of swapping the chrome ones out for the black ones but have you seen the price of them from bmw uk ? (hurry up china and get them knock offs churned out)
I bought a set from a dealer but I personally don’t think they’re a great addition on the 6 like there are on other models. The sheer size of them, the amount they stick out and the surface finish against my carbon black paint meant I took them straight off and returned them.
One bonus is they are really easy to gig compared to the f series cars.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 08:06 AM   #3
littleump
Private
Rep
Drives: x5 40i

yeah i read up on this debate somewhere,mines is white so think itll be ok, i know what you mean as can be a gamble what looks good on some not so on others, i had them on my astoril blue f34 and looked ok but better on white cars. how you liking the gt ? i came from the 340i gt and the spec over that is amazing on this, plus not many around these parts (noth east) so quite rare to be seen
Appreciate 0