BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

11-01-2018, 02:25 AM   #23
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleunetizen View Post
Interesting product that one - fixed arm that is slightly shorter than stock? Or is it stock arm with offset joint?

The installation manual says it will give -0.3deg for M5 and -0.6deg for M6, which probably means you will put M5's upper arm into M6.

And yep I am keen for your sway bars - I wonder how much stiffer it is compared to non CP bars!
We need to meet up and compare I haven't driven a non comp M6 for over 2 years. I still have the 295 Pirelli's at the front currently which makes the car feel massively different so give me a few weeks or so
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2018, 02:40 AM   #24
bleunetizen
Private
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
We need to meet up and compare I haven't driven a non comp M6 for over 2 years. I still have the 295 Pirelli's at the front currently which makes the car feel massively different so give me a few weeks or so
Yeh we should!

I wonder what happened to my last post btw - it was supposed to be "The installation manual says it will give -0.3deg for M5 and -0.6deg for M6, which probably means you will get -0.3deg if you put M5's upper arm into M6."
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2018, 12:17 PM   #25
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleunetizen View Post
Yeh we should!

I wonder what happened to my last post btw - it was supposed to be "The installation manual says it will give -0.3deg for M5 and -0.6deg for M6, which probably means you will get -0.3deg if you put M5's upper arm into M6."
I was trying to figure out if that means that the M6 has 0.3deg more than the M5 with all stock parts.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 01:22 AM   #26
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Back in 2012 a normal first house at the affordable end of the spectrum would be $300-350k, like this one:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/property/r...e75cfd00c6ed7a
That carpet!! wow.

These were probably under valued as you could rent them out with a 100% mortgage and pay for the mortgage, council rates and insurance without paying for anything out of your pocket at all. I know - I did this 5 times

Since then houses like that have ~doubled in price as you can see from that link while rents have gone up 15-20%, which now means as a landlord you've got to hope for further capital gains if you're buying now. Of course all of my mortgages on my rentals are pretty small now so I'm well sorted.

Confession - I didn't actually take the pictures on my street, my house is about 1km away and is relatively modest. I bought it in 2008 when I was 24. I made the decision in 2012 to buy some rental properties instead of moving into a nicer place for myself and it paid off fairly well for me. I bought the M6 with a car subsidy my company gave me and as celebration for paying off the mortgage on the house I live in. I'll do it up in a year or two and look to spend $1.5-2m on a house with a few acres of land (if you can be bothered looking it up, I am looking at Drury/Ramarama/Bombay area) I work in IT sales and combined I make about $300k a year with my girlfriend who works in IT distribution. I don't have any qualifications other than a drivers license and high school

Minimum wage here is $16.50 and you get plenty of subsidies from the government if you have kids from outright cash per kid to housing subsidies and a bunch of other stuff. I just spent a week in Fiji and trust me, people aren't poor here by comparison! I'm sure there are parallels in the US where people don't have much money but still have iPhones, satellite/cable TV, 5 year old cars on big wheels etc etc.

The issue with housing currently is that people can be employed as a teacher, policeman, fireman etc and can't afford to buy a house in Auckland, but they can in the regions. So there is plenty of noise in the media about that. We don't have different pay grades for the area you live in and there are stories about people driving 100km or more per day to work in Auckland and live somewhere further out. I suspect however that worldwide the same issue exists in most big cities and that people have been used to not owning their own house for generations, this is especially the case in Europe. In NZ however the majority of people expect to own their house almost as a right at the moment. Perhaps that perception will change over the next 30 years.

I'm allowed to highjack my own thread aren't I?

more or less same problems in major metro areas in US as well. The home I live in was worth about $600k back during the recession 10 years ago. Today with upgrades, it's worth twice at $1.2m.

Back on topic...I'm loving the M Performance diffuser. I'm thinking about buy one now. The thing is, the GC diffuser is already a very slick piece of carbon fiber. I just have a preference for the finned look:

11-02-2018, 01:38 PM   #27
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
more or less same problems in major metro areas in US as well. The home I live in was worth about $600k back during the recession 10 years ago. Today with upgrades, it's worth twice at $1.2m.

Back on topic...I'm loving the M Performance diffuser. I'm thinking about buy one now. The thing is, the GC diffuser is already a very slick piece of carbon fiber. I just have a preference for the finned look:

Yeah I figured it’d be the same everywhere. Of course the hopeless government we have attempting to run the place blames the last one for providing growth and locking out 25 year old students from buying a house. Meanwhile they are buying a bunch of houses that were already being built by developers and selling them at $650k pretending that the young and lower social groups will be able to buy them when it really is a subsidy for people that are already quite comfortable.

To the diffuser - yes I agree the best one is this one. The aftermarket ones are too aggressive for me.

I find it interesting that BMW didn’t put the lip onto the GC trunk but put the GC specific diffuser on. The only thing I can think of is the GC has a small lip where the centre brake light is, maybe the rear lip is less effective due to the shape of the light panel
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 01:54 PM   #28
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupé & M240i Coupé

The car in the picture above is definitely missing the spoiler. Original M Performance carbon diffusor and carbon spoiler accordingly already transform the rear view of this car (especially the 650i) as far as I'm concerned. That is likely what I will opt for on mine next spring.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 01:58 PM   #29
Havy
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
.......The only thing I can think of is the GC has a small lip where the centre brake light is, maybe the rear lip is less effective due to the shape of the light panel
The brake light of the GC is in the Upper rear window panel. The Coupé has the 3rd brake light in the spoiler.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 03:17 PM   #30
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havy View Post
The brake light of the GC is in the Upper rear window panel. The Coupé has the 3rd brake light in the spoiler.
I just realised I said lip too many times without clarifying I mean the brake light lip at the end of the GC roof might reduce the effectiveness of the normal trunk lip spoiler on the F13. So to get around this issue they put the little diffuser on the bottom of the GC.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2018, 07:40 PM   #31
malcoll
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6GC BSM/SO

Do you have any spacers on the rear wheels with those 305/30r/20s? I am looking to put new tires on in the next few weeks and wanted a bit more width in the rear......
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2018, 11:36 AM   #32
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcoll View Post
Do you have any spacers on the rear wheels with those 305/30r/20s? I am looking to put new tires on in the next few weeks and wanted a bit more width in the rear......
No spacers or other suspension adjustments at all.