BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

07-21-2018, 04:49 PM   #1
Giant99
Rep
Drives: Corvette

anyone know car/price check

There is a local AZ car I may go look at tomorrow. http://www.luxuryautocollection.com/...lx9c53fd160713

What should I be looking at paying for this. Has executive, full leather, and driver assist packages. I'll need to find out what wheels it has. Also any idea of what carbon lips/ground effects this has? The front is pretty beat up already. Assuming this is out of warranty and may have performance mods. Is a extended bmw warranty possible?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 02:04 PM   #2
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

You can try cargurus, trucar, auto trader and kbb for comps. I'd be careful to be sure you're making a fair assessment based on equipment, mileage, condition and mods. Go to M Decoder to match up features:

https://www.mdecoder.com/
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 02:15 PM   #3
Rosho808
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant99 View Post
There is a local AZ car I may go look at tomorrow. http://www.luxuryautocollection.com/...lx9c53fd160713

What should I be looking at paying for this. Has executive, full leather, and driver assist packages. I'll need to find out what wheels it has. Also any idea of what carbon lips/ground effects this has? The front is pretty beat up already. Assuming this is out of warranty and may have performance mods. Is a extended bmw warranty possible?
Looks like a Vorsteiner kit and exhaust is definitely aftermarket.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 04:50 PM   #4
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

The only way to know if BMW. Extended Warranty is eligible is to call the VIN in to a dealership and see what they say.

They'll definitely want to sell you a warranty, and so long as the car has a clean title and have had it's break-in procedure done (they'll know, they have the records). Whether your claim will get rejected is a different story. It comes down to what mod was actually done versus what you're trying to claim
      07-22-2018, 05:45 PM   #5
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I'll tag on to what Flying Ace said, and urge you to have the car given a CPO-level inspection by a BMW dealership so that you have someone who knows what they're doing looking at it. It'll cost up to $350, but it's a small price to pay for peace of mind when dealing with a car at this level. It will also serve as a basis for the CPO warranty, if it passes and they approve.

You might decide to walk away based in what they tell you, but consider the money a small price to pay for avoiding many times that cost in repairs and headaches by buying a bad car blindly. If it's a strong car and you go with an aftermarket warranty, it will also serve as a baseline to establish that there were no "pre-existing conditions".

Anyway, just my two cents.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 10:27 PM   #6
Giant99
Rep
Drives: Corvette

I'll be getting a full bmw inspection done. From what I gathered is that they will not document if the car has been tuned or not correct? If the exhaust is very loud and isn't dual mode, I most likely wont consider the car. Any idea what a vorsteiner front lip would run? Due to possible clearance issues it might need to all be removed. Does 60-60k sound about right for the car?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2018, 07:49 AM   #7
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant99 View Post
I'll be getting a full bmw inspection done. From what I gathered is that they will not document if the car has been tuned or not correct? If the exhaust is very loud and isn't dual mode, I most likely wont consider the car. Any idea what a vorsteiner front lip would run? Due to possible clearance issues it might need to all be removed. Does 60-60k sound about right for the car?
I have no hard basis for this, but $60 sounds a bit steep to me. They're probably building in the cost of the accessories, but you have to do your own homework. Don't just take our opinion for it. If you're going to be asking a seller to reduce his price, you're going to have to give him a good reason, and 'the guys at Bimmerpost said ____' isn't much of an explanation.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2018, 01:06 PM   #8
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

you're correct. A PPI at BMW dealership will NOT look at the DME to see if it's tuned. They'll be looking at suspension, the chassis structure, leaks, tires, and then running a carfax report. They won't even comment on the aftermarket exhaust, unless it poses a safety concern or causes a CEL.

The PPI simply is a safety check of the car by a BMW expert. You can also take it to an independent shop that claims they know BMWs (performance shops, euro maintenance shops, etc).

$60k sounds a bit high. Of course, that's their asking price, which pads in profit. As the other person said, you have to show them another quote/price that's for a comparable car that's lower. You dont' HAVE to. You can just say "I want to pay $XX, and that's what I want to pay" without giving them a reason, but that number has to be in reason. For a 2015 coupe, I would say they're probably selling around the mid to high $50ks. Sorry, I cannot help much more with pricing of coupes, I'm more of an expert on GC pricing.

A real vorsteiner lip costs around $1500, knockoffs are in the hundreds of dollars with questionable fitment. Hell, genuine vorsteiner pieces themselves have questionable fitment to begin with! Frankly, you wouldn't even know if it's a knockoff on that car unless you pull it off and look for the logo. IMO, if you were to buy this car, just drive it until the lip falls off or is too unsightly. Those cosmetic pieces low on the bumper are always the first casualty of daily driving the car. I would never pay new parts pricing for a piece that is going to get trashed.

Last edited by Flying Ace; 07-23-2018 at 01:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2018, 08:25 PM   #9
wtfmateim65
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 92 335i JB4

Yeah I would give this one mid 50s at best, especially if no competition package
Appreciate 0