BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

01-24-2024, 04:46 AM   #1
BillyMillin
Rep
Drives: 640d Gran Coupe

2013 F06 with an Android phone

I have a 2013 F06 without Android Auto. My old phone was an iPhone and when I connected it via USB to the car an in built Spotify app would start on my iDrive to allow me to control Spotify through the car.
I have a new Android S22 and the Spotify app doesn't load now. In fact the car doesn't recognise the S22 when I connect it via USB. Has anyone experienced this with Android phones in older BMWs? I'm buying an Android MMI to give my car Android Auto but in the meantime I'd like to be able to control Spotify through iDrive so I don't have to use my phone while I'm driving.
If anyone knows how to get this fixed I'd love to know
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2024, 05:54 AM   #2
suj999
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F06 640d M Sport, F10 520d SE

Only blue-tooth on Nav 4.
I think even the change track option doesn't work, just have to manually press the idrive to change tracks once connected by Bluetooth .
Appreciate 0