BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

09-18-2015, 10:23 PM   #1
someguy1993
Rep
Drives: _

Another Warranty Denial

Last edited by someguy1993; 12-06-2019 at 05:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2015, 02:57 PM   #2
Nordkeyz73
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i ZSP, Macan Turbo

I wonder if this car was previously driven hard? You may want to consider even writing the state attorney general.
      09-19-2015, 04:25 PM   #3
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Hopefully this thread is not turning to "another cheating deal" ...
Recall a thread over M5post the guy got the used car with clean carfax and later on when he was in accident figured out the car had accident history hidden by the previous owner (dealer's GM)...
OP make sure the car had no major maintenance history such as Differential of Gearbox
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2015, 04:39 PM   #4
mjr24
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

So....you basically just admitted on a public forum that you often drive the car hard. Now you wonder why they denied your claim due to abusive driving?

The fact you weren't putting anyone at risk doesn't make it non-abusive. Track driving would be considered non-abusive in that scenario....and it's well known they aren't going to warranty your repairs for damage caused at a track. Sounds like you were doing the same thing....just not at a track.
2022 M8 Comp GC, 2021 AMG GT53, 2022 X5M Competition, 2021 X7 40i, 2019 M5, 2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC, 2013 Mercedes CLS550, 2011 750LI, 2008 M6 Cabrio, 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 AMG, 2003 Mercedes SL500, 2000 Mercedes CL500, 1993 Lexus SC400, 1989 525i, 1985 318i
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2015, 04:52 PM   #5
someguy1993
Rep

No major work done to the car, the previous owner was not much of a driver, I just got the car for show.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2015, 04:55 PM   #6
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
So....you basically just admitted on a public forum that you often drive the car hard. Now you wonder why they denied your claim due to abusive driving?

The fact you weren't putting anyone at risk doesn't make it non-abusive. Track driving would be considered non-abusive in that scenario....and it's well known they aren't going to warranty your repairs for damage caused at a track. Sounds like you were doing the same thing....just not at a track.
Ummm ... you don't drive your M6 hard???
If not , then you are driving "wrong car"... 640 is a great and suit car for you
No offense but if I'm not mistaken, long time ago you were complaining about squealing noise of your M6 right? I mentioned at that time this noise is normal for high performance cars including Ferrari, Lamborghini and even MB AMG (I posted some forum regardless of your SL AMG with no squealing noise)... The point is : IMHO, M cars are designed to be driven hard and to be pushed to their limits... 100% agree with you about driving hard on public roads or streets is highly prohibited, but there is a major difference between track and street. M6 is not a track oriented car (like 911 or GTR) and no one claimed she is, but it's a high performance car and hard acceleration or pushing the car to the limit must not be an issue at all... and again this hard acceleration is different from track stuff...
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2015, 04:56 PM   #7
someguy1993
Rep

Quote:

You should not be on this forum, did you read ANY of my text? There is a big difference between accelerating at a green light and TRACKING a car my friend, if you don't know what the difference is, please delete your account.

I live in LA, a city known for having the worst streets, where in the world am I suppose to drive the car likes its on a track on the streets...without going to jail? I think you have mistaken me for a fool, sorry.
Appreciate 1
      09-19-2015, 05:19 PM   #8
someguy1993
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
If not , then you are driving "wrong car"... 640 is a great and suit car for you
No offense but if I'm not mistaken, long time ago you were complaining about squealing noise of your M6 right? I mentioned at that time this noise is normal for high performance cars including Ferrari, Lamborghini and even MB AMG (I posted some forum regardless of your SL AMG with no squealing noise)... The point is : IMHO, M cars are designed to be driven hard and to be pushed to their limits... 100% agree with you about driving hard on public roads or streets is highly prohibited, but there is a major difference between track and street. M6 is not a track oriented car (like 911 or GTR) and no one claimed she is, but it's a high performance car and hard acceleration or pushing the car to the limit must not be an issue at all... and again this hard acceleration is different from track stuff...
Thank you, for having a brain my friend. There is common sense and then there is doing donuts until one of your tires pops. I am not that guy, I love my car, and I love what it stands for. I hate to see someone try and downplay the failure of this car, because to me it is a very big deal. If you are not a big fan, you can ignore this, but if you truly are a BMW M enthusiast and have tried to learn every little interesting fact about these cars you too would be disappointed with an event like this.
Appreciate 1
      09-19-2015, 05:50 PM   #9
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by emingabri View Post
Thank you, for having a brain my friend. There is common sense and then there is doing donuts until one of your tires pops. I am not that guy, I love my car, and I love what it stands for. I hate to see someone try and downplay the failure of this car, because to me it is a very big deal. If you are not a big fan, you can ignore this, but if you truly are a BMW M enthusiast and have tried to learn every little interesting fact about these cars you too would be disappointed with an event like this.
I hear you.
I had kind of similar experience with my M6. At about 3K mile I got clutch failure and car used to do shacking (shuddering) when the engine was cold. For several months I fought with dealer and BMWNA while they believed it was normal at first place and then they believed the clutch was "pre-matured", and finally they accepted to replace the clutch kit under warranty when I had 12k miles on the clock!!! ... They kept telling me it's because of aggressive driving... and I kept replying : That's why I'm not driving 328
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2015, 05:53 PM   #10
mjr24
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You should not be on this forum, did you read ANY of my text? There is a big difference between accelerating at a green light and TRACKING a car my friend, if you don't know what the difference is, please delete your account.

I live in LA, a city known for having the worst streets, where in the world am I suppose to drive the car likes its on a track on the streets...without going to jail? I think you have mistaken me for a fool, sorry.
LOL, maybe you should delete your account as you are the one who just came on a public forum and said you floored the car from a stop light and it then broke after. Accelerating and flooring are two different things. Please enlighten me how taking off from a stoplight is different than taking off at the track? There is no difference.....it significantly stresses the axle of the car. The bigger issue here is how you have 2 posts on here and come post about how BMW won't warranty your axle because you basically acted like a clown at a light....yet somehow try to differentiate that from being at track by saying "I wasn't driving on a track." Hey, sorry it happened to your car.....but you don't do yourself any favors by coming on here and admitting you floored the car and generally drive it hard. They obviously looked at the computer and saw you drove the car hard (and likely illegally since you weren't at a track) and it's not in their interest to cover a warranty repair arising out of an illegal act. If you were driving normally....then absolutely, I'd be with you on this. Even if you drove the car hard in the past and then this just came up on a normal drive...you still would be fine. Hohttp://www.6post.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=18608647wever, you clearly stated this happened after flooring the car. What did you think they were going to say? I'm not telling you this because I dislike you. I'm telling you this because I am in the legal field and this is just common sense. I am telling you WHY they came to that conclusion and WHY that conclusion, although unsatisfying to you, has a solid basis.

Also, for the record, I do like the performance of the car....however, I also don't like to look like a clown flooring a RWD car with 560HP from a stop light and sitting there for 3 seconds because the car has no traction and isn't moving anyways. This car's strong point from a performance point of view is not using it like that.

Feel free to drive the car as hard as you want, but don't expect BMW to cover it when it breaks due to that (and certainly don't come on a public forum and admit you floored it and it broke right after). You can do searches on Vette, Benz, BMW, etc. forums and find lots of similar situations and the companies/warranties never cover this! Again, sounds like they looked at the computer and have a pretty good idea of what happened.
2022 M8 Comp GC, 2021 AMG GT53, 2022 X5M Competition, 2021 X7 40i, 2019 M5, 2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC, 2013 Mercedes CLS550, 2011 750LI, 2008 M6 Cabrio, 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 AMG, 2003 Mercedes SL500, 2000 Mercedes CL500, 1993 Lexus SC400, 1989 525i, 1985 318i

Last edited by mjr24; 09-19-2015 at 06:08 PM..
Appreciate 1
      09-19-2015, 05:54 PM   #11
mjr24
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Come on now. The fact that you can find hundreds of posts on here (meaning M5/M6 board) about a service bulletin and fix for the brake squeal tells you that it's not normal. It's not even an argument so let's just put that to rest.

I'm just telling you that whether a car is on a street or track makes no difference when it comes to stuff like this. Abusive driving is abusive driving to BMW. I'm using the OP's words....not "I accelerated hard" but rather "I accelerated using the full power output of the car" AKA "I floored the f*ck out of it".

Last edited by mjr24; 09-19-2015 at 06:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2015, 06:02 PM   #12
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Come on now. The fact that you can find hundreds of posts on here (meaning M5/M6 board) about a service bulletin and fix for the brake squeal tells you that it's not normal. It's not even an argument.
LOL... I said no offense
BTW I posted one of those bulletin here :
http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1112127

and FYI I'm at the third set of rotors and brakes (under warranty) and still have squealing noises like a champ LOL
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2015, 06:28 PM   #13
someguy1993
Rep

Quote:
Come on now. The fact that you can find hundreds of posts on here (meaning M5/M6 board) about a service bulletin and fix for the brake squeal tells you that it's not normal. It's not even an argument so let's just put that to rest.

I'm just telling you that whether a car is on a street or track makes no difference when it comes to stuff like this. Abusive driving is abusive driving to BMW. I'm using the OP's words....not "I accelerated hard" but rather "I accelerated using the full power output of the car" AKA "I floored the f*ck out of it".

So are you saying I am not suppose to "floor" it in 1st or 2nd gear? Please enlighten me with your "non-abusive" driving mumbo-jumbo. Is this guy being serious? This car was engineered to go FAST. An axle that shatters should be covered under warranty. I didn't ABUSE the car, if I did, I want to see DATA that compares my driving characteristics with a standard "non abusive" list of drivers.How the hell else would they determined what abusive driving was and what an "aggressive" load was for the car???? What kind of "legal" official are you...?
Appreciate 2
gab24m314.50
      09-19-2015, 06:36 PM   #14
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep

Quote:
... Accelerating and flooring are two different things. Please enlighten me how taking off from a stoplight is different than taking off at the track? There is no difference.....it significantly stresses the axle of the car...
LOL... come on my friend. Looks like you have limited knowledge about engineering and cars ... and we are talking about BMW M6 the flagship of BMW M Division and not TOYOTA YARIS! I know this underrated car has actual over 600 HP and over 550 lb-ft torque and it is RWD and it has M DCT and Active M Differential and many thing else that if you want to know I can post hundreds of links to educate you so please don't tell us this car must be driven like grandma or must be babied at maximum 60 mph!!!! flooring and hard acceleration and many thing else are part of DNA of this car! If the flooring was prohibited or harmful then "Launch Control" was not available or could void the warranty and for your information there is no single document anywhere approved by BMW that Launch Control will void the warranty. If hard acceleration was harmful or could cause damage to the engine or DCT or Clutch, It must have been written somewhere with bold font to "AVOID HARD ACCELERATION" ... The reason they refer to void the warranty or not covered by warranty if you go to the track is not about acceleration. It's about over heating the engine (and other components) may cause damage or may decrease the life of drivetrain. Also since brakes (rotors and pads) and clutch are all covered by warranty as normal tear and wear, going to the track means you are doing abnormal wear and tear on brakes (and clutch)...

Page 138 of 2013 user's manual:

Notes
Racetrack operation leads to increased wear.
The vehicle is not designed for motorsports
competitive use. This wear is not covered by the
warranty.
The standard brake linings and the wear indicators
are not designed for racetrack operation.
For more information and advice, contact your
service center.
Appreciate 3
gab24m314.50
      09-19-2015, 08:46 PM   #15
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe
Quote:
... Accelerating and flooring are two different things. Please enlighten me how taking off from a stoplight is different than taking off at the track? There is no difference.....it significantly stresses the axle of the car...
LOL... come on my friend. Looks like you have limited knowledge about engineering and cars ... and we are talking about BMW M6 the flagship of BMW M Division and not TOYOTA YARIS! I know this underrated car has actual over 600 HP and over 550 lb-ft torque and it is RWD and it has M DCT and Active M Differential and many thing else that if you want to know I can post hundreds of links to educate you so please don't tell us this car must be driven like grandma or must be babied at maximum 60 mph!!!! flooring and hard acceleration and many thing else are part of DNA of this car! If the flooring was prohibited or harmful then "Launch Control" was not available or could void the warranty and for your information there is no single document anywhere approved by BMW that Launch Control will void the warranty. If hard acceleration was harmful or could cause damage to the engine or DCT or Clutch, It must have been written somewhere with bold font to "AVOID HARD ACCELERATION" ... The reason they refer to void the warranty or not covered by warranty if you go to the track is not about acceleration. It's about over heating the engine (and other components) may cause damage or may decrease the life of drivetrain. Also since brakes (rotors and pads) and clutch are all covered by warranty as normal tear and wear, going to the track means you are doing abnormal wear and tear on brakes (and clutch)...

Page 138 of 2013 user's manual:

Notes
Racetrack operation leads to increased wear.
The vehicle is not designed for motorsports
competitive use. This wear is not covered by the
warranty.
The standard brake linings and the wear indicators
are not designed for racetrack operation.
For more information and advice, contact your
service center.
Leave the Toyota Yaris out of this, fantastic car to drive when you don't want anyone to notice you
      09-21-2015, 03:39 AM   #16
mjr24
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
So are you saying I am not suppose to "floor" it in 1st or 2nd gear? Please enlighten me with your "non-abusive" driving mumbo-jumbo. Is this guy being serious? This car was engineered to go FAST. An axle that shatters should be covered under warranty. I didn't ABUSE the car, if I did, I want to see DATA that compares my driving characteristics with a standard "non abusive" list of drivers.How the hell else would they determined what abusive driving was and what an "aggressive" load was for the car???? What kind of "legal" official are you...?
You can drive the car any way you please. You can track the car if you want, it's perfectly legal. However, DON'T EXPECT BMW TO PAY FOR DAMAGE CAUSED WHILE DRIVING THIS WAY. You came on here asking for advice and are getting mad because you aren't hearing what you want to hear.

BTW, look it up.....BMW has denied warranties when launch control has been used too many times (which they considered abusive driving, see link below). So let's stop arguing about that, too. There are no points to argue. You can either understand that is their policy or you can be in denial despite evidence to the contrary.

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=467260

Here is another story of a broken axle on the F10 M5.....from doing what? Flooring the car. Did BMW cover it? No.

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthr...ht=Broken+axle

It sounds pretty apparent you have beat the heck out of the car in the 90 days you have owned it based on BMW's position. If they did research and found out you floored the car once or twice, I'm pretty sure your car would already be back in your hands, fixed under warranty. Be lucky you didn't blow a $35k engine.

Last edited by mjr24; 09-21-2015 at 03:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2015, 06:32 AM   #17
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
@mjr24 Give it a rest already. Your arguments trying to defer the blame in this shameless situation back to the driver/op are ridiculous and invalidated immediately by the simple fact that BMW offers a feature on this vehicle called "Launch Control" which requires kickdown ("flooring" the accelerator) to function. A manufacturer cannot void your warranty for normal use of the Launch Control feature, just ask Nissan, they know. OP, a five minute conversation with an attorney will open your eyes to the 1,001 ways you can amend this situation. There are countless laws that protect you from this shameless denial of warranty duties by your dealership, specifically the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. What happened to your car is not normal. I and many others have launched heavily modified M6s with much more power than the drivetrain has been originally designed to support with no issues. What happened here was a freak accident and the dealership is simply trying to defer blame back to you. In any case I would refrain from getting into too many details of the situation here before consulting with my attorney. At this moment the less you reveal, the stronger your hand against your dealer
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2015, 02:47 PM   #18
HoustonRider
big pimpin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC and 2015 4 GC

They need to cover the repair, or explanation in writing specifically why they will not.

The MM Act keeps dealers from making stuff up to keep from doing repairs.

"Outside influences"? Like what? If they can't tell you or show you, ask em when u can pick it up.

If I stomped on the gas, the wheels would spin, the electronics keep all the power from hitting the ground.

Unless u put drag radials on it and the previous owner tuned it, they need to fix it.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2015, 06:08 PM   #19
adamg13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Coupe

I don't see why flooring the vehicle from a stop is such a big deal. I've probably done it on every car I've owned since I was 16, even my Expedition. If the car couldn't handle full acceleration for some reason, they need to put a throttle lag in the computer. Surprised a major component of a german sports car would break so easily - unless the car was loaded with four obese passengers, or a trunk full of fertilizer, etc.
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2015, 06:24 PM   #20
BMWlab
Rep
Drives: White M6 Gran Coupe 2016

It may not be the dealer's fault. Usually warranty claims in excess of a certain amount need BMW's consent. The dealer gets paid for warranty work from BMW so they normally love to do the work. I smell a bad field rep. No one would expect a rear end to break from just flooring the car unless the engine has been heavily modified, or unless you have a manual trans. and pop the clutch for a start at 6,000 RPM etc..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 01:24 PM   #21
krown
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 Alpina B6

Whomever says that a high performance sports vehicle (that has a feature labelled "Launch Control" which only function is to provide the car with the fastest acceleration possible when the vehicle is stationary) SHOULDN'T try to accelerate their vehicle in the aforementioned manner clearly doesn't know what they are talking about. Should he not use the windshield wipers as well? They could malfunction, and the dealer could say that "outside influences" (extra heavy rain drops) contributed to the problem.

Anyways, the exact same thing happened to me in my F10 M5. I got it towed to the dealer and they replaced it under warranty. I have forwarded my documentation to the OP. Hopefully, this will open the dealership's eyes and make them do right.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 04:11 PM   #22
someguy1993
Rep

I am so depressed. I still do not have my car back, I have tried so many things. They are blaming my aftermarket 20 in wheels and multiple burnouts for the broken axle. I can not believe what a low blow the field adviser and dealership are throwing at me. The dealership wants to start charging $50.00 a day for a storage fee....I am going to let you guys review what I have been receiving, hopefully someone here can help me out.

Big thank you to Stephen Lui in Vancouver. I really do appreciate you taking the time to have those documents sent to me and also following up, there was no need to help a complete stranger but you did anyways, what a great guy.

Below you will find what I am trying to send to BBB Auto line so they can reconsider opening my case, for some reason they didn't want to continue because this problem has not occurred 2 times.
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf #1 Launch Control.pdf (121.5 KB, 235 views)
File Type: pdf #2 Purpose Built Vehicle.pdf (1.33 MB, 250 views)
File Type: pdf #3 Vehicle Feat..pdf (156.7 KB, 171 views)
File Type: pdf #7 M5POST - BMW M5 Forum - Busted axle (Stephan Lui).pdf (143.7 KB, 234 views)
File Type: pdf #5_Convo_With_SA 2.pdf (219.5 KB, 440 views)
File Type: pdf #4_Convo_with_BMW_Rep (1).pdf (251.3 KB, 365 views)

Last edited by someguy1993; 09-28-2015 at 04:27 PM..
Appreciate 0