BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

10-27-2021, 08:59 PM   #1
deni2316
Rep
Drives: bmw m6 gran coupe

Exhaust Tips Rattle, Out of Ideas

So my M6 has a akropovic exhaust tips.

The left most tip, the carbon fiber casing around it that says the brand name is a tad loose and when I'm driving slow sounds like it's scraping terribly. I'm certain it's that as when the car idles when I put pressure on it the noise stops

Now my question that I can't seem to find anywhere online no matter what I search up, is what is used to tighten the tiny black screws on this cover?

A lot of other companies use the same cover with the same screws across all car brands so I can't imagine this has never happened before.

I attached a photo of the tip so you can see the black screws in referring to.

I'm partially convinced these aren't even actually screws. In which case I'm open to suggestions on securing the tip cover in place

Thank you guys;
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 07:15 PM   #2
atillathetom
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bike

look at the flap valves. Mine rattled. Currently being replaced under warranty. Could be those....
Appreciate 0