BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

12-12-2020, 05:41 AM   #1
VP007
Private
Rep
Drives: 6 Series Gran Coupe

Auto PDC & Active PDC

Hi All,

I wanted to share that I have been able to activate Auto PDC on my Oct 2015 F06. This means that the PDC turns on automatically when I am creeping forward towards an obstacle.

I followed the F30 forums who indicate that you need to have Park Assist option with the PMA module.

In the BimmerCode app I turned on AUTO_PDC and ACTIVE_PDC > aktiv within the PMA module.

Within the HU_NBT I turned on the following:

ACTIVE_PDC
PDC_FLANKENSCHUTZ > aktiv
AUTO_PDC > aktiv
COMMUNICATION_PARKMASTER > gen2

Within the ICM, turn on the following to active:
C_aPDC_vorhanden > aktiv

You will get a new Parking menu in vehicle settings with an Auto PDC checkbox that will not be clickable. Don’t worry as the Auto PDC is still active.

Active PDC is not working but that could be because I cannot go into expert mode on the ACSM module in the BimmerCode app and turn it on. Would be great if someone could test this also via ESYS.

The PDC_FLANKENSCHUTZ add some new PDC sensor ranges along the side of the car. Not 100% it is working but would be good to get others views.

Happy testing and please be careful :-)

Last edited by VP007; 12-28-2020 at 01:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2020, 02:05 PM   #2
Wanwansuii
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 BMW 640i Gran Coupe Msport

Wow this is great! I’m gonna try this, as I hate having to press the PDC button every time I pull into my garage.

Just to ensure, this doesn’t mess with the side view cameras, does it?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2020, 03:29 PM   #3
VP007
Private
Rep

Unfortunately I don’t have any side view cameras so unable to test. On the newer BMWs it also triggers the top down surround view so you can see the front edge of the car and it’s surroundings.

For me it triggers when the car enters the red zone distance on the PDC.

The great thing about BimmerCode is that you can simply reverse the settings if there are any issues.

Let me know how it works out for you.

It will also be great if others are able to get Active PDC to work. This is when the car will automatically break for you if you are going to hit an obstacle. I have seen a video on YouTube with a BMW F10 with this, so should be possible on our 6 series.

Last edited by VP007; 12-12-2020 at 03:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2020, 11:05 PM   #4
iamvanja
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 640i GC white on red

Auto PDC & Active PDC

This didn't work for me
After changing COMMUNICATION_PARKMASTER > gen2 (from gen1) PDC simply does not show up on the screen - by pressing the button or putting in R.
I have surround view.

First no side mirror covers, now this. BMW gods are not my fans today
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 07:50 AM   #5
VP007
Private
Rep

Ah...BMW must have installed the 2nd generation PMA module from a particular manufacturer date. Mine was already set to 2nd Generation.

It’s interesting that BMW placed this 2nd generation “brain” into the car but didn’t fit the 2nd generation sensors which would have allowed for perpendicular parking (like on the F30s).
Appreciate 1
iamvanja167.00
      12-29-2020, 09:31 PM   #6
hugo_nz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW iX Xdrive40 MSport

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
Tried this on mine as well and can confirm that it does not work unless you have a gen2 PDC unit installed.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2023, 09:29 AM   #7
bimmer_funk
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F02

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP007 View Post
Hi All,

I wanted to share that I have been able to activate Auto PDC on my Oct 2015 F06. This means that the PDC turns on automatically when I am creeping forward towards an obstacle.

I followed the F30 forums who indicate that you need to have Park Assist option with the PMA module.

In the BimmerCode app I turned on AUTO_PDC and ACTIVE_PDC > aktiv within the PMA module.

Within the HU_NBT I turned on the following:

ACTIVE_PDC
PDC_FLANKENSCHUTZ > aktiv
AUTO_PDC > aktiv
COMMUNICATION_PARKMASTER > gen2

Within the ICM, turn on the following to active:
C_aPDC_vorhanden > aktiv

You will get a new Parking menu in vehicle settings with an Auto PDC checkbox that will not be clickable. Don’t worry as the Auto PDC is still active.

Active PDC is not working but that could be because I cannot go into expert mode on the ACSM module in the BimmerCode app and turn it on. Would be great if someone could test this also via ESYS.

The PDC_FLANKENSCHUTZ add some new PDC sensor ranges along the side of the car. Not 100% it is working but would be good to get others views.

Happy testing and please be careful :-)
Hello!
Can you provide me with info about your car? I mean what ECU of PDC or PMA you have to activate AutoPDC on 6-series?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2023, 11:49 AM   #8
OnlyGerman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, F13, F10, E60

How do we know if we have PDC gen2?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2023, 05:44 PM   #9
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyGerman View Post
How do we know if we have PDC gen2?
Do you have the Bimmercode app? If yes (go into the EXPERT side) when you go into the HU-NBT control module and find the coding parameter below…if you have the gen1 module that’s what you’ll see at the end of the sequence. If you have the gen2 module, that’s what you will see:
  1. COMMUNICATION_PARKMASTER > gen1
  2. COMMUNICATION_PARKMASTER > gen2

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 1