BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      09-14-2011, 05:18 AM   #1
Superspeed
Captain
Superspeed's Avatar
Norway
51
Rep
859
Posts

Drives: 640i, 120d, Cooper S
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oslo, Norway

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Just washed my new F12 - Pictures

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I never leave my car to have it washed by others - not to mention in a car wash. I trust my own hands

Yesterday the F12 got that special attention (again). Here is the result. Keen as I was, I forgot to vacum the floor mats before shooting the pictures, but anyway.

The interior pictures show the black nappa interior with contrast stitches. I also opted for aluminium instead of wood. The alu gives a sporty look combined with the black leather.

I love this car.
Attached Images
         
__________________
[SIGPIC]"Never a boring car"
Some X'es: BMW Z3 2.8, DeTomaso Pantera, Porsche 928s, BMW 732i, BMW 323i, BMW 2002
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 05:33 AM   #2
Jon D
Colonel
Jon D's Avatar
Scotland
152
Rep
2,937
Posts

Drives: 2016 F12 640i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superspeed View Post
I never leave my car to have it washed by others - not to mention in a car wash. I trust my own hands

Yesterday the F12 got that special attention (again). Here is the result. Keen as I was, I forgot to vacum the floor mats before shooting the pictures, but anyway.

The interior pictures show the black nappa interior with contrast stitches. I also opted for aluminium instead of wood. The alu gives a sporty look combined with the black leather.

I love this car.
Very nice indeed and, although I normally prefer 'shadowline' exterior trim, I think the chrome effect aluminium suits the F12 particularly well.
I'll be ordering my 640d for delivery next spring and, much as I prefer the darker colours, I'm pretty much decided on Orion Silver as it won't show the stone chips as much.
Are those comfort seats and, if so, are the side bolsters adjustable?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 07:04 AM   #3
Superspeed
Captain
Superspeed's Avatar
Norway
51
Rep
859
Posts

Drives: 640i, 120d, Cooper S
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oslo, Norway

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon D View Post
I'll be ordering my 640d for delivery next spring and, much as I prefer the darker colours, I'm pretty much decided on Orion Silver as it won't show the stone chips as much.
Are those comfort seats and, if so, are the side bolsters adjustable?
Jon,

Silver is definitely a good choice and was also my first thought. Since my previous cars were silver however, I wanted a change. Besides black makes the car appear smaller and looks good with the chrome parts.

Yep those are comfort seats. They have all the adjustments you want and also keep the body tight when driving sporty. So I don't miss the sport seats when I compare to my Cooper S. Which on the other hand is a lot more of a sports car than the BMW.
The side bolster can't be pumped up, but they can be adjusted to narrow/wide to suit any person. I prefer them set to narrow, to give support through tight turns.

The best about the seats is that you can spend a long day in them, stepping out of the car in the evening, already longing back for more driving.
__________________
[SIGPIC]"Never a boring car"
Some X'es: BMW Z3 2.8, DeTomaso Pantera, Porsche 928s, BMW 732i, BMW 323i, BMW 2002
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 07:52 AM   #4
GreyCoupe
Second Lieutenant
United_States
5
Rep
253
Posts

Drives: 15 650i Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Yours is a very handsome car. I too, wash and wax my own. No one else can do the job I do, and I enjoy it.

Interesting--I thought the contrasting stitching included the seats...

Enjoy.
__________________
Enjoyed some fun cars over the years: 1966 Corvette Convertible, 240Z, E24 L6, 300CE-24, 2004 645 Ci, 550SL, A6s, 535xi, E300/Bluetec/420, Grand Cherokee Overland, 2012 650i Coupe, 12 CL550, 13 SL550, 15 650i Coupe
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2011, 05:56 AM   #5
Jon D
Colonel
Jon D's Avatar
Scotland
152
Rep
2,937
Posts

Drives: 2016 F12 640i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superspeed View Post
Jon,

Silver is definitely a good choice and was also my first thought. Since my previous cars were silver however, I wanted a change. Besides black makes the car appear smaller and looks good with the chrome parts.

Yep those are comfort seats. They have all the adjustments you want and also keep the body tight when driving sporty. So I don't miss the sport seats when I compare to my Cooper S. Which on the other hand is a lot more of a sports car than the BMW.
The side bolster can't be pumped up, but they can be adjusted to narrow/wide to suit any person. I prefer them set to narrow, to give support through tight turns.

The best about the seats is that you can spend a long day in them, stepping out of the car in the evening, already longing back for more driving.
Thanks Superspeed, just what I'd hoped to hear about the seats. I have comfort seats in my F10, which I find fantastic, but my only criticism is that the side bolsters don't move in quite as far as I'd like. From your photos, it looks as if the F12 seat bolsters do exactly that and I shall be selecting this option on my 640d.
BTW, although BMW call it Orion Silver is not silver at all - more of a pale silvery gold and I reckon it looks great. I'd prefer Vermillion Red or Deep Sea Blue, both with white seats, but I know that the contrasting stone chips after the car's first Scottish winter would prove too depressing.
I chose boring white for my F10 and although the chips are there, you have to look close to see them. OK, the Orion Silver won't hide them so well, but I think it'll be a good compromise, especially as, IMO the F12 doesn't look very good in white.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 02:40 AM   #6
Superspeed
Captain
Superspeed's Avatar
Norway
51
Rep
859
Posts

Drives: 640i, 120d, Cooper S
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oslo, Norway

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon D View Post
BTW, although BMW call it Orion Silver is not silver at all - more of a pale silvery gold and I reckon it looks great. I'd prefer Vermillion Red or Deep Sea Blue, both with white seats, but I know that the contrasting stone chips after the car's first Scottish winter would prove too depressing.
I chose boring white for my F10 and although the chips are there, you have to look close to see them. OK, the Orion Silver won't hide them so well, but I think it'll be a good compromise, especially as, IMO the F12 doesn't look very good in white.
I looked up the Orion Silver. Looks great! How is your choice of interior?

A friend of mine has the F10 530d X-drive. I have tested it, impressed by the diesel engine. I know you've got the twin turbo 535. Must be the perfect everyday car
__________________
[SIGPIC]"Never a boring car"
Some X'es: BMW Z3 2.8, DeTomaso Pantera, Porsche 928s, BMW 732i, BMW 323i, BMW 2002
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 05:49 AM   #7
Jon D
Colonel
Jon D's Avatar
Scotland
152
Rep
2,937
Posts

Drives: 2016 F12 640i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superspeed View Post
I looked up the Orion Silver. Looks great! How is your choice of interior?
I'm going for Ivory White as I like a light interior. I still keep looking at Vermillion Red and I might yet weaken...
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 05:21 PM   #8
Houston Bimmer
Enlisted Member
14
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: 2012 650i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Beautiful car!! It just makes my waiting even harder.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 10:29 AM   #9
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
ALPINE6SPD's Avatar
United_States
143
Rep
10,412
Posts

Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Highland Lakes NJ

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to ALPINE6SPD
Love it
Aluminum looks awesome and the wheels are perfect. Best of luck with it.
__________________
2010 AW e90 328i: 6 speed, Black Leather, Dark Wood trim, ZPP, ZCW, ZVP,ZSP, Nav, Xenon
BMW Performance CF Rear spolier and Gloss black grills
2008 Candy White MKV GTI 2.0T 6 Speed Manul Gone
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #10
scottz5
Lieutenant Colonel
75
Rep
1,731
Posts

Drives: 13 F10 535xi & 11.75 E93 M3
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Looks great! Love the interior. Peace
__________________
13 F10 535xi JB/B working on it
11.75 E93 M3 MR/Black Stock (wifey)
11 F10 535i AW/CB Mods Gone
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 11:57 PM   #11
elias
Lieutenant
elias's Avatar
79
Rep
424
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Very nice I love the 20 " wheels I just ordered my car and had the 20" wheels as well, hope it looks as nice on my car as yours looks on your car.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 02:51 AM   #12
Superspeed
Captain
Superspeed's Avatar
Norway
51
Rep
859
Posts

Drives: 640i, 120d, Cooper S
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oslo, Norway

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by elias View Post
Very nice I love the 20 " wheels I just ordered my car and had the 20" wheels as well, hope it looks as nice on my car as yours looks on your car.
Congrats. I am sure it will.
As an extra bonus the wheels are fairly easy to keep clean.
Remember to post pics when you get the car.
__________________
[SIGPIC]"Never a boring car"
Some X'es: BMW Z3 2.8, DeTomaso Pantera, Porsche 928s, BMW 732i, BMW 323i, BMW 2002
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 01:33 PM   #13
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
datbimmerdoe's Avatar
United_States
1092
Rep
17,504
Posts

Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PARADISE aka CANES COUNTRY

iTrader: (0)

good job!
__________________
#datbimmerdoe #thatbimmertho

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 PM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST