Rep
Drives: 2002 E53 X5 4.6is

SOLD

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
Guys & Gals let's pay for my wedding....

Up for sale is my lovely E24 that i've had for some years now. I've put countless hours, tons of money and plenty of love into this old girl. I got engaged last April and between my DD E90 M3 and a 30 + year old car the oldie gets the boot to pay for the big day.

Asking price - $19,000 OBO
Mileage - 12x,xxx on body, 1,500 since engine work performed
VIN - WBAEC7400F0605109
Year - 1985
CARFAX - Can Provide
Rust - NO!!!!!
Runs - Excellent!
Title - Clean and IN HAND
Service Records - As far as i can tell, ALL of them since 1986, 3 inch binder full
Restoration Progress - Exterior, Driveline, Engine all done, Interior untouched, Suspension can be re-done i don't mind it now

Ok with that out of the way, I have ton's of service records in a nice 3 inch binder dating back to 1986. This includes all of the work i've performed in my ownership. I'll try to list the important stuff since i can make 3 pages worth of text with whats been replaced.

Engine
-Complete Overhaul including seals, gaskets, cooling system, clutch, flywheel, hoses, clamps, wiring, vacuum, sensors, maint items, fluids.
-Has schrick cam 284/280
-Ireland Engineering Headers
-Supersprint mid and rear section exhaust
-Upgraded Wizard cooling radiator with Spal Puller fan, Wired thermostatically to turn on at (if i remember) 180 degress to cool her off.
-Head is a B35 head (b34 bottom end) that has a new head gasket with bolts. This was done for performance as well as better reliability.
-Intake Manifold was taken from B35 as well for better air flow and to match intake runner ports on the head. This was powdercoated along with valve cover
-Injectors rebuilt with engine overhaul
-I run Motul 20w50 performance oil and it has been the best fluid choice i've made on the car
-All fueling system components replaced with NEW OEM, including gas tank
-Like i said i have full records of work performed which shows everything.

BAD
-NO A/C, i removed it since I've never used it since i purchased the car, have the original compressor that will be included with sale, i don't know if it works or not.

Exterior
-Had exterior clear coated for added gloss and protection. I can't stand single stage, i hate detailing single stage, i hate the way it looked, hated the way it felt, hated everything about it. Now it looks like its dripping wet.
-When i worked for BMW i gathered as many NEW OEM trim pieces i could find. You can see in the pictures no wavy plastics, worm or damaged. Some are NLA and i can't do boo about that.
-Painted Mtech rear spoiler i nabbed from a guy in spain
-Euro cornering lights
-I have US bumpers on the car, That's nice for you purists, however i was able to source a EURO front bumper i had the intention of restoring, i haven't done it yet but i will include its awesomeness with the sale, and every other part i have taken off and still have.
-Wheels are not OEM style 5's, they are reps, look great, with about 2,000 miles on the tires.
-Converted headlamps to the late model projectors which allow you to see more then 2 feet in front of the car at night
-Did i say NO RUST?!?!?!?!?!
-I sanded down all the grime and undercoated vehicle with Truck bed liner esq product for extended protection

BAD
-Some paint chips which i have filled with OEM touch up
-I have new L/F grill i'll include with purchase, lower slat is cracked
-Antenna isn't hooked up. New unit i just replaced it and never hooked it up
-Dent in hood before i purchased, size of my pinky nail. looks like someone closed hood with tool in engine bay. it protrudes UPWARD

Suspension
-Billstein shocks welded into the knuckle/sleeves
-Custom Length springs from Ireland Engineering
-Ireland engineering adjustable perches
-New OEM shock top hats

BAD
-Could use true Coilovers from CATuned and some powerflex bushings to really give it a perfect drive. However just slight creaking from front springs when turning wheel.

Driveline
-All new shifter bushings and components
-Two new rear axles with boots
-Fresh Differential and Transmission services
-Clutch and flywheel under 3k miles
-Center support as well as guibo brand new
-Brakes done within past 10k miles

BAD
-Nothing needs to be done, operating wonderfully.

Interior
-Retrosound head unit with bluetooth and USB music ability. (purchased for oem look)
-Nardi Shift knob
-I believe Nardi Wheel
-New Gauge cluster surround
-new lower dash trim piece
-Rear pioneer speakers built into rear headrest storage for OEM Look
-Will include new front kick panel speakers (OEM) with purchase
-All power everything, seats, windows, sunroof, headrests. you name it, its power (thank you bmw in the 80's)

BAD
-Drivers seat stitching undone on left butt-cheek side, nothings ripped.
-Front seats aren't bad, HOWEVER, if you want them perfect they can be recovered easily.
-Radio isn't hooked up, so just plug in apple or android and listen to music that way.
-Dash has some cracks on it. Finding one without cracks is nearly impossible. When i found one, it was for $4,000 and...no...
-Gas gauge isn't working, probably bad ground or something. I drove to and from LimeRock from here and didn't even spend half a tank of gas. I just keep an eye on it.

Besides that i really can't recall anything else, Car has been featured on UltimateKlasse, drove the track and showed it at the vintage festival for the past 3 years. Has always brought joy to me while driving it and is pretty damn quick too! I'm very serious about the sale, i'll entertain offers, however please do not waste my time. No joy riders without serious interest.

Thanks for taking the time to look, here's some pictures!!!

BUY ME!

Last edited by jeff@autocouture; 11-15-2017 at 09:08 AM.. Reason: SOLD
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 02:16 AM   #2
winsch
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive

Garage List
I object! Keep the car and ditch your fiancé.

Congratulations and good luck with the sale. The car looks beautiful.
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2017, 11:53 AM   #3
jeff@autocouture
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2002 E53 X5 4.6is

Quote:
Originally Posted by winsch View Post
I object! Keep the car and ditch your fiancé.

Congratulations and good luck with the sale. The car looks beautiful.
HAHAHAHA!!! if only, in another life...

Thank you!
Appreciate 0