BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

12-26-2017, 11:52 AM   #1
skated23
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 Competition Editio

front facing car seat in coupe for 2 year old

Hi all,

I need your help in finding the right front facing car seat for my son while also retaining usability of the front seat for a passenger. I know it's not a 4 door car, but I'd like to be able to take my son and wife for short drives, etc. I was able to fit a Peg Perego Primo Viaggio in while my wife sat in the front, but I think there has to be something better out there. The bight of the seat of the cushion did not allow the car seat to follow the contour of the seat.

Please let me know what has worked for you and if you can provide links to any seats you suggest, I would be most grateful.

P.S. I've also tried removing the bottom seat cushion, but the frame of the car has the same contour.

thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2017, 04:04 PM   #2
Angry Ketchup
Private
England
Rep
Drives: 650i (F12)

Just my £0.02...

We have used ones like this in coupes and convertibles: http://www.kiddicare.com/p/Nania_Lux...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

That's the UK version, but I've seen nearly identical back home in the US.

It's not super high quality, but it's safe and allows it to fit behind even the driver. (Edit: I'm a big dude - 6'2", 300lbs... I also sit fairly far back and reclined as well and baby still has leg room.
In our F12 650i This means my wife can reach over to our little one from the front passenger seat, or put that seat all of the way forward and sit in the back if the baby needs attention on long trips.

It's not ISO-Fix and doesn't have a "base" - 2 major downsides, but fits great. In our ML350 and E220d, the big Maxi-Cosi ISO fix ones with bases that swivel front or back (and sideways to load the kids) are clearly higher quality.

Last edited by Angry Ketchup; 12-26-2017 at 04:06 PM.. Reason: Ref my size
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2017, 09:39 PM   #3
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Preg preggo is large and wide. I advise the Diono Radian RXT as it's a slim fit seat if you require more room in the back.

Go to Buy Buy Baby and you can test them all out.