BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

03-05-2018, 01:57 PM   #1
Walt White Coupe
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 650ix Coupe, 23 C8 Vette

Question about flexible disc for rear propeller shaft rubber cracking

I was under the car with the car on a lift and looking at the rear propeller flexible (rubber) disc on the propeller (drive) shaft and noted that there were cracks around the connecting bolts. Is this something I should be concerned about? Any advice is appreciated. 2013 650ix 22,000 miles

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2018, 11:12 AM   #2
Mark333032
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 640d MSport Gran Coupe.

Most definitely yes. You should replace it before it gets worse. I guess you are out of warranty by now? Did you check the condition of the other flexdisc at the gearbox end? Might as well do both while you are at it. Are you noticing any odd vibes especially on acceleration? If not now, then I expect you soon will and then clonks as it gets worse

BTW, your car looks remarkably clean underneath!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2018, 11:43 AM   #3
Walt White Coupe
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 650ix Coupe, 23 C8 Vette

"Are you noticing any odd vibes especially on acceleration? If not now, then I expect you soon will and then clonks as it gets worse."

I hear you and fixing it now would be a prudent thing to do but I don't think it's mandatory if I don't hear any of the noises you and others have described. The car is out of the 4 year original warranty and the CPO has one year left but that part is specifically not covered. So I now know what to listen for and as soon as any of those occur I'll then get them replaced. A lot could happen between then and now.
Appreciate 0