BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      06-22-2021, 11:58 PM   #1
m6rolling
Rep
Drives: 18 M6 CV

Need some advice.

My factory warranty is about to expire and it's making me think about the rod bearings.
I bought the car in February of 2020 with 9k miles, am the second owner. The car currently has 27K miles.
I was considering getting my oil tested to make sure everything is in great condition and incase it's not, try to push the dealer to swap or replace anything possible.

Has anyone taken this route?
Is there any reputable oil analysts recommendations?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 09:12 AM   #2
arucano
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Grand Coupe CP

Garage List
2014 BMW M6 GC  [10.00]
It's advisable to do an oil analysis every few oil changes to determine whether anything is going wrong. It can put your mind at rest or provide timely warning if anything is going wrong before it escalates into a major rebuild. Regular oil changes with the correct oil is critical to the life of the engine and your peace of mind. The bearings in these engines are not a major problem area AFAIK.
What is also important for the bearing life is allowing the engine to warm up properly before going full power.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2021, 01:53 PM   #3
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6rolling View Post
Is there any reputable oil analysts recommendations?
If you want a recommendation for a company that can analyze your oil…Blackstone Lab has been a go-to vendor since I’ve been on BMW forums (which started for me back in 1996). You can probably google their name and BMW and get results of past discussions etc.

Here’s a link to their website where you can get information: https://www.blackstone-labs.com/

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2021, 02:45 PM   #4
BMWRog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Convertible

Whilst I appreciate that the OP lives in the States, for info, I have used the following company here in the UK for oil analysis:-

The Oil Lab Ltd., Blackburn, Lancs.
Appreciate 0