BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      10-16-2021, 03:25 PM   #1
gonzo_the_great
New Member
5
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: BMW 325d SE
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Surrey, UK

iTrader: (0)

Hazards keep flashing

Hi guys.
This past week, my hazard lights begin to continuously flash after I lock the car.
Doesn't happen each time. But most times.
I read this could be due to a bad battery. Replaced it with a brand new battery today.
Not solved the problem.
I've checked bonnet and boot to make sure they're closed properly etc.
Any ideas please?
2015 M6.
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2021, 03:32 PM   #2
JDMSteven
Lieutenant
JDMSteven's Avatar
United_States
257
Rep
410
Posts

Drives: 13 M6 Coupe DCT, 04 IS 300 5MT
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Ocala, Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [0.00]
Did you have the battery coded correctly? It's probably tough to solve this one without a dealer diag
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2021, 03:35 PM   #3
gonzo_the_great
New Member
5
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: BMW 325d SE
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Surrey, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMSteven View Post
Did you have the battery coded correctly? It's probably tough to solve this one without a dealer diag
Hi.
I registered the new battery with bimmerlink.
I read that a low voltage battery can cause this behaviour.
My previous battery always sat around 55% charge.
New battery installed today, charge at 85%, but same issue occurred.
Thanks,
Paul
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2021, 03:36 PM   #4
JDMSteven
Lieutenant
JDMSteven's Avatar
United_States
257
Rep
410
Posts

Drives: 13 M6 Coupe DCT, 04 IS 300 5MT
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Ocala, Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [0.00]
Maybe an IBS issue or battery drain? Any other errors?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2021, 03:38 PM   #5
JDMSteven
Lieutenant
JDMSteven's Avatar
United_States
257
Rep
410
Posts

Drives: 13 M6 Coupe DCT, 04 IS 300 5MT
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Ocala, Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [0.00]
Did some reading on another BMW forum, and that owner said it was a faulty hood sensor?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2021, 03:39 PM   #6
gonzo_the_great
New Member
5
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: BMW 325d SE
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Surrey, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMSteven View Post
Maybe an IBS issue or battery drain? Any other errors?
There were always small number of errors that would come up.. not that I could really understand what they meant. Lol
Appreciate 1
JDMSteven257.00
      10-16-2021, 11:48 PM   #7
Qsilver7
Brigadier General
Qsilver7's Avatar
United_States
1826
Rep
3,701
Posts

Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Indiana, USA

iTrader: (0)

If you have a DWA (anti-theft alarm siren system) monitor that’s is remaining open when you arm the car…the status LED (below the interior rear view mirror) should flash rapidly then slow down. Is this occurring? Since your hazards are flashing…you’re probably not noticing the clown nose LED inside the car.

__________________
2014 F15 X5 50i MSport | 2013 F06 650ix Gran Coupe`
BMW CCA Member #191509
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 04:24 AM   #8
gonzo_the_great
New Member
5
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: BMW 325d SE
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Surrey, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
If you have a DWA (anti-theft alarm siren system) monitor that’s is remaining open when you arm the car…the status LED (below the interior rear view mirror) should flash rapidly then slow down. Is this occurring? Since your hazards are flashing…you’re probably not noticing the clown nose LED inside the car.

Thanks. I did notice the flashing LED actually. I noticed it because I didn't think I remember it was flashing so quickly. So, that looked slightly odd.
I didn't wait long enough to notice it slowing down - when the hazards start to flash, I tend to unlock and lock again (hoping the issue would go). 🙂
So, LED flashing quickly and hazards flashing 2 seconds after locking, what would this mean?
Cheers.
Appreciate 1
JDMSteven257.00
      10-17-2021, 04:27 AM   #9
gonzo_the_great
New Member
5
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: BMW 325d SE
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Surrey, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMSteven View Post
Did some reading on another BMW forum, and that owner said it was a faulty hood sensor?
Thank you. Assuming this would bring up an error code?
I'll connect it to Bimmerlink and see of anything relating to a hood sensor comes up.

Cheers.
Appreciate 1
JDMSteven257.00
      10-17-2021, 10:08 AM   #10
gonzo_the_great
New Member
5
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: BMW 325d SE
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Surrey, UK

iTrader: (0)

Just seen a 801A50 error:
'SINE siren circuit defective'
Could be the culprit.
Anyone know how to resolve this?
Many thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 01:55 PM   #11
Qsilver7
Brigadier General
Qsilver7's Avatar
United_States
1826
Rep
3,701
Posts

Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Indiana, USA

iTrader: (0)

Input your BMW hex code at this site: https://bmwfault.codes/

It should give you some info…I saw approx 5 faults that listed info “views”. It also reveals that the module this fault is occurring in is the “roof function center”.

Can you get the alarm siren to sound off at all…or do you just get flashing lights? You can press the PANIC button on the remote to see if the alarm siren sounds off.

Also, you’ll see tests that tells you to arm and wait 30 seconds…that’s because there is a delay for the interior motion & tilt sensor to arm. When you first lock & arm the car…it takes 30 seconds before the IMS (interior motion sensor) and the TILT sensor to arm. This is in case you have things inside the car that are still moving etc…it delays arming 30 seconds after locking. So that is why you see the instructions to wait 30 seconds, then disconnect the battery…this will give the alarm siren a chance to arm…and then the siren should go off if you disconnect power.
__________________
2014 F15 X5 50i MSport | 2013 F06 650ix Gran Coupe`
BMW CCA Member #191509
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 01:57 PM   #12
Qsilver7
Brigadier General
Qsilver7's Avatar
United_States
1826
Rep
3,701
Posts

Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Indiana, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo_the_great View Post
So, LED flashing quickly and hazards flashing 2 seconds after locking, what would this mean?
Cheers.
That would indicate the 3rd and/or 4th lines in the chart:

__________________
2014 F15 X5 50i MSport | 2013 F06 650ix Gran Coupe`
BMW CCA Member #191509
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 07:41 PM   #13
gonzo_the_great
New Member
5
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: BMW 325d SE
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Surrey, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Input your BMW hex code at this site: https://bmwfault.codes/

It should give you some info…I saw approx 5 faults that listed info “views”. It also reveals that the module this fault is occurring in is the “roof function center”.

Can you get the alarm siren to sound off at all…or do you just get flashing lights? You can press the PANIC button on the remote to see if the alarm siren sounds off.

Also, you’ll see tests that tells you to arm and wait 30 seconds…that’s because there is a delay for the interior motion & tilt sensor to arm. When you first lock & arm the car…it takes 30 seconds before the IMS (interior motion sensor) and the TILT sensor to arm. This is in case you have things inside the car that are still moving etc…it delays arming 30 seconds after locking. So that is why you see the instructions to wait 30 seconds, then disconnect the battery…this will give the alarm siren a chance to arm…and then the siren should go off if you disconnect power.
I just get the flashing lights.
Assume I can test the siren by leaving a window open, locking the car and wave my arm through the open window?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 07:50 PM   #14
Qsilver7
Brigadier General
Qsilver7's Avatar
United_States
1826
Rep
3,701
Posts

Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Indiana, USA

iTrader: (0)

Yes you can do the “wave your arms inside an open window” test…just remember to WAIT 30 seconds before you wave your arms…the interior motion sensor doesn’t arm until approx 30 seconds after locking the car.

Or…you can simply press & hold the PANIC button on your remote fob (for approx 3 seconds) if you have 4 buttons on your fob. It’s the button at the bottom in pic below:

__________________
2014 F15 X5 50i MSport | 2013 F06 650ix Gran Coupe`
BMW CCA Member #191509

Last edited by Qsilver7; 10-18-2021 at 08:13 PM..
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST