BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

01-25-2020, 11:48 AM   #1
rxryanm.
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 650xi GC

First Bimmer, great fun

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself. I bought my 6 about a week ago and it's been a blast. I already have some ideas for some modifications, but those probably won't happen until warmer weather rolls around.

I did buy an enet cable the same day I bought the car and bimmercode the day it came in. Made some QOL changes that I think make a lot of sense (namely autofold mirrors, fine-tuning convenient open/close, auto-start/stop default off, the usual). Also bought some M6-style black grilles, because the chrome has to go.

Here's a pic to hold you over:
Appreciate 2
Frupal791.50
JBF650115.50
      01-25-2020, 02:52 PM   #2
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 640i GC

Congrats! Is that Carbon Black?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 06:01 PM   #3
BMWbySib
Rep
Drives: 650ix 815hp/1200nm, S63Coupe

Congratulations!)

I think that is carbonschwarz
      01-26-2020, 08:55 PM   #4
rxryanm.
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frupal View Post
Congrats! Is that Carbon Black?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWbySib View Post
Congratulations!)

I think that is carbonschwarz
It is! Would have preferred just a plain black (or metallic), but I think I got a good deal on it and I didn't have to travel for it, so I'm content.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 10:38 AM   #5
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 640i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxRyanM View Post
It is! Would have preferred just a plain black (or metallic), but I think I got a good deal on it and I didn't have to travel for it, so I'm content.
When I took delivery of my 6 GC, after all of the paperwork, etc., I looked at her sitting under the bright lights of the delivery bay and asked: “Is that blue?” The salesman said: “No. Carbon Black. It’s got blue metal flake in it.” I almost unwound the deal because I thought I’d wanted a black car, but now, after tons of compliments and after living with it for almost a year, I love it! I also read that in earlier years you couldn’t get Carbon Black on M sport models, just the M cars.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 10:45 AM   #6
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E38 735i SE Individual

Lovely 6er!

Carbon black is indded a stunning colour. Here is my E60 from a few years ago, it's amazing when the light hits it as it turns to a blue / purple colour.

Visit my (mainly) BMW gallery http://jetone.co.uk
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 01:37 PM   #7
HeyKC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxRyanM View Post
Very cool my old M3 was carbon black and I always though it would of been cool to find a CB M6 when i was in the market.

So what other mods to have you have planned for the car?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 05:23 PM   #8
rxryanm.
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyKC View Post
Very cool my old M3 was carbon black and I always though it would of been cool to find a CB M6 when i was in the market.

So what other mods to have you have planned for the car?
List includes wheels/tires, probably a bit of lowering, M6-style grilles, blacked-out roundels, trunk & chin spoiler, exhaust w/ quad tips & diffuser, intakes, likely xDelete, and maybe BM3 down the road.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2020, 12:15 PM   #9
bimmer12
Private
Rep
Drives: F06 650xi GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frupal View Post
When I took delivery of my 6 GC, after all of the paperwork, etc., I looked at her sitting under the bright lights of the delivery bay and asked: “Is that blue?” The salesman said: “No. Carbon Black. It’s got blue metal flake in it.” I almost unwound the deal because I thought I’d wanted a black car, but now, after tons of compliments and after living with it for almost a year, I love it! I also read that in earlier years you couldn’t get Carbon Black on M sport models, just the M cars.
Not a fan of blue cars but the Carbon Black looks gorgeous, especially on this car.
Appreciate 0