BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

12-04-2019, 11:12 AM   #1
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

KW HAS Doubts and worries

So i got a KW HAS kit for my F12 M6 and I'm nervous to get it installed. I have a bunch of lower carbon fiber on my car and dont know if putting the KW HAS on will destroy my CF. i really like the way it looks but dont want it destroyed after driving out of my driveway. does anyone have a lip, diffuser, and side skirts with the HAS kit?

Can you even get the jack out from under the car when you put it on HAS and have skirts? i can barely get a lift arm under my car with the side skirts on.

I have the car sitting in my garage over the winter here, and figured its good time to get it done if it works out i can still get my car on a lift for oil changes and i can pull the jack out from under the car still
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 12:16 AM   #2
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

If you know how much the drop is from KW specs say 1 inch for ex.measure around the car for the lowest heights.Measure the distance between the jack and the side skirts now when the jack is in place and deduct 1 inch , this will let you know how far down you can lower the car.
For the Carbon Fiber not scraping good luck , you know it’s going to be a gamble, you just have to be extra careful on what driveways you chose , and always enter a driveway on a sharp angle.
I rolled on 3 coats of Raptor liner (bed liner)under my front carbon lip so if I scrape I scrape on the liner, they also have that rubber that tapes on the lip but I feel it’s too thick and make it even lower
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 08:13 AM   #3
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
If you know how much the drop is from KW specs say 1 inch for ex.measure around the car for the lowest heights.Measure the distance between the jack and the side skirts now when the jack is in place and deduct 1 inch , this will let you know how far down you can lower the car.
For the Carbon Fiber not scraping good luck , you know it’s going to be a gamble, you just have to be extra careful on what driveways you chose , and always enter a driveway on a sharp angle.
I rolled on 3 coats of Raptor liner (bed liner)under my front carbon lip so if I scrape I scrape on the liner, they also have that rubber that tapes on the lip but I feel it’s too thick and make it even lower
Thats a good idea, but i noticed my car is kinda different on each corner. so i figured i had spring sag, not a lot different but noticeable when i put a jack under the car. right now i can barely get a lift under the car as it is.

Is there a trick i am missing for being able to get the car up on the lift to do my oil changes but still be lowered about an inch. i really just want to drop the nose down to reduce the huge fender well gap. the rear is fine in my opinion

I will measure though and record my findings, that seems to be a good place to start at least
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 10:02 AM   #4
BadSeed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M6 GC

Garage List
2015 BMW M6  [0.00]
2010 BMW M5  [10.00]
You can always build a cheap ramp if you need to raise the car slightly. I do recommend backing into the ramp vs driving forward.

The Indy shop that I go to for service has no issues with both their lift & low profile floor jacks.

Anyway, here is the measurement of front HAS lowest setting

12-05-2019, 12:35 PM   #5
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep

WOW! this is incredible. this is more than what i thought id get for information from this post. it looks like the exact same side skirts too, i have a vert and im surprised there is a gran coupe style, thats just awesome! i never though about the ramp, that is a good idea just in case but i am going to go take a few measurements later to see what i am working with on mine as it sits.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 01:09 PM   #6
m.sickk
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F06 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSeed View Post
You can always build a cheap ramp if you need to raise the car slightly. I do recommend backing into the ramp vs driving forward.

The Indy shop that I go to for service has no issues with both their lift & low profile floor jacks.

Anyway, here is the measurement of front HAS lowest setting

Clean setup, are you running the KW H.A.S too? And if so is that the maximum lowest setting? How many inch drop is that? I have a GC too and still debating between H&R Springs cause it's very affordable or the KW H.A.S.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 06:54 PM   #7
BadSeed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M6  [0.00]
2010 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.sickk View Post
Clean setup, are you running the KW H.A.S too? And if so is that the maximum lowest setting? How many inch drop is that? I have a GC too and still debating between H&R Springs cause it's very affordable or the KW H.A.S.
Thanks. Yes, KW HAS with the front at the lowest setting possible. The rear can go lower but I wanted the gap between the top of the tire & fender the same front & rear.

Don't know how much lower it is from stock competition pkg springs.
I literally bought the car & drove straight to a shop to get the HAS kit installed.

H&R might actually be slightly lower
      12-05-2019, 08:24 PM   #8
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep

im glad you have the same front lip i am running its nice and aggressive, you can get in parking garages no problem? they are kinda steep in my opinion on the ramps

this is my stock height with non comp springs. looking at it now i feel like im a lifted truck!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 07:53 AM   #9
BadSeed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M6  [0.00]
2010 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagtagXMASTER View Post
im glad you have the same front lip i am running its nice and aggressive, you can get in parking garages no problem? they are kinda steep in my opinion on the ramps

this is my stock height with non comp springs. looking at it now i feel like im a lifted truck!
Parking garages where I live tend to be large\spacious. The incline is not steep.
Parking garages that are small tend to have steep inclines and I avoid those. Specially if you can't approach on a 45 degree angle since the lane is not wide enough.
Parking garages that immediately drops down to a decline, I absolutely avoid. Not only will the front lip hit but if you have a V style diffuser, the fins will also hit. Double whammy

What I have done in the past is flatten out a soda can (or use sheet metal) then cut a 1" by 2" piece (assuming I'm lowering exactly 1"). Bend to an L shape, stick 1 side under the front lip w/ double sided tape. Go up and down driveways, ramps, dips & speed bumps where I frequently visit. See where I always scrape then look for another route or just avoid that location.
      12-06-2019, 10:38 PM   #10
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Parking garages where I live tend to be large\spacious. The incline is not steep.
Parking garages that are small tend to have steep inclines and I avoid those. Specially if you can't approach on a 45 degree angle since the lane is not wide enough.
Parking garages that immediately drops down to a decline, I absolutely avoid. Not only will the front lip hit but if you have a V style diffuser, the fins will also hit. Double whammy

What I have done in the past is flatten out a soda can (or use sheet metal) then cut a 1" by 2" piece (assuming I'm lowering exactly 1"). Bend to an L shape, stick 1 side under the front lip w/ double sided tape. Go up and down driveways, ramps, dips & speed bumps where I frequently visit. See where I always scrape then look for another route or just avoid that location.
I see. i will try the extra inch on the bottom of the lip maybe. i think i am still going to install them after my fears have been calmed. im most fearful of my own driveway
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 01:13 AM   #11
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Can you tell me what front lip you have and where you purchased the side skirts from ?I see some places online that sell the side skirts for the gran coupe but afraid of fitment, Thanks

I like the idea of the new C8 corvette its has a fast hydraulic to lift and lower the front end while you go up ramps, the best part is when you approach a incline you push a GPS button and the system will remember all the inclines you saved and will raise and lower automatically
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 07:51 AM   #12
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Can you tell me what front lip you have and where you purchased the side skirts from ?I see some places online that sell the side skirts for the gran coupe but afraid of fitment, Thanks

I like the idea of the new C8 corvette its has a fast hydraulic to lift and lower the front end while you go up ramps, the best part is when you approach a incline you push a GPS button and the system will remember all the inclines you saved and will raise and lower automatically
My lip is a v style off ebay. Meanest one imo with the front scoops in them. Im on my 4th one. 1 was bad fitment. And i have an extra backup lol. The skirts i dont know about for the GC.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 09:38 AM   #13
BadSeed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M6  [0.00]
2010 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:

Based on all the pics I've seen for the GC version, its produced by maybe 1 or 2 manufacturers. They all look identical so fitment & length would be the same.

Side skirts here:
https://www.6post.com/forums/showpos...5&postcount=33

Front lip purchased from this seller: Price went up slightly
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-Front-...53.m2749.l2649

Another seller:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Spoil...EAAOSwDPdcuZ42

Non CF version:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274116042219

My next lip if I manage to destroy what I have:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/AF-1-Front-...53.m1438.l2649

I did consider (still considering) a front hydraulic lift kit.
KW HLS2 SYSTEM
https://www.kwsuspensions.com/produc...-19299299.html

Last edited by BadSeed; 12-07-2019 at 09:44 AM..
Appreciate 1
Whipple260.50
      12-07-2019, 11:13 AM   #14
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep

That af lip is awesome. Ive been looking for that forever! Im saving that. And does that hls work on our cars. That might be the savior!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 12:50 PM   #15
BadSeed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M6  [0.00]
2010 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagtagXMASTER View Post
That af lip is awesome. Ive been looking for that forever! Im saving that. And does that hls work on our cars. That might be the savior!
Yup. That HLS2 link I posted is for the Gran Coupe. Front only. They also make the rear lift system.
      12-08-2019, 01:56 AM   #16
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Based on all the pics I've seen for the GC version, its produced by maybe 1 or 2 manufacturers. They all look identical so fitment & length would be the same.

Side skirts here:
https://www.6post.com/forums/showpos...5&postcount=33

Front lip purchased from this seller: Price went up slightly
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-Front-...53.m2749.l2649

Another seller:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Spoil...EAAOSwDPdcuZ42

Non CF version:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274116042219

My next lip if I manage to destroy what I have:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/AF-1-Front-...53.m1438.l2649

I did consider (still considering) a front hydraulic lift kit.
KW HLS2 SYSTEM
https://www.kwsuspensions.com/produc...-19299299.html
Thanks bro for the info.and that lift shock is crazy
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 10:18 AM   #17
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep

I actually just ordered that AF-1 style/ vorsteiner gts-v lip. as a backup already, now to test fit it! Has anyone done the HAS install on a convertible, maybe i should try the 650 forums too
Appreciate 0