BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

01-23-2020, 08:14 PM   #23
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

5k is a fantastic deal given the situation. Yes, it's a shame that a failure would occur this early, but technically the car is out of warranty... the line always needs to be drawn somewhere, and BMW just politely shifted that line in your favor.

Best of luck on the process. Yes, car should be better than new with a new zero-mile engine in it!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 07:45 PM   #24
uddinsa
Rep
Drives: M6

Well thats all done the beast has waken up.
Car is back home sweet home new engine with 0 milage and dam it feels good to drive.
Big Thanks to Tony from sytner bmw dealership in chigwell for getting the deal done with bmwuk on the goodwill.
Ended up paying only £2600 for labor.

Thanks everyone for your support and opinions on this matter. I hope no1 has to go through all that.
Appreciate 2
JBF650115.50
      01-29-2020, 08:32 PM   #25
JBF650
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 F13 LCI 650i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by uddinsa View Post
Car is back home sweet home new engine with 0 milage and dam it feels good to drive.
Big Thanks to Tony from sytner bmw dealership in chigwell for getting the deal done with bmwuk on the goodwill.

Thanks everyone for your support and opinions on this matter. I hope no1 has to go through all that.
Great outcome and I bet it’s nice to have your car home! Enjoy it !

Note to us all I suppose is to regularly check our oil level regardless of mileage and not to wait for ‘reminders from the car..... ‘
turbocharged engines do tend to use some oil or consume more than traditional non TC engines. So we should expect some usage. I recently checked mine and it’s sitting just above 1/2 on the gauge. It’s due for a service in May 2020, so till it goes in I’ll keep an eye on it. It’s done about 10k klms since it’s last oil change about a year ago. I think that’s ok oil consumption for these motors.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 02:10 AM   #26
uddinsa
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBF650 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by uddinsa View Post

Great outcome and I bet it’s nice to have your car home! Enjoy it !

Note to us all I suppose is to regularly check our oil level regardless of mileage and not to wait for ‘reminders from the car..... ‘
turbocharged engines do tend to use some oil or consume more than traditional non TC engines. So we should expect some usage. I recently checked mine and it’s sitting just above 1/2 on the gauge. It’s due for a service in May 2020, so till it goes in I’ll keep an eye on it. It’s done about 10k klms since it’s last oil change about a year ago. I think that’s ok oil consumption for these motors.
Yea will keep an eye on it for sure.

I have to take it in for the running in service after 1200miles Assuming they will do all the oil change then etc..
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 02:50 PM   #27
Yikes84
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 F06

So what seized the engine?
Appreciate 0