BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

09-24-2020, 10:09 PM   #45
Akshaya
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 BMW M6 Comp Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tab View Post
I suppose some day somebody will offer me a number I can't refuse for my 2016 M6 GC with a manual? My dealer sends me a letter every month with a deal on a new M5 Competition, and the trade-in they offer me is just depressing. But mine isn't for sale. 5 years and 45,000 miles and I still love it.
Believe me, The market has already started pricing in a premium for manuals.

The letter that your dealer sent you is junk marketing. Their whole purpose is to get you to going in and buy another car. They don't necessarily really "want"your car, that the wording of the letter leads you to believe that your car somehow and high demand.

The valuation they put in that letter is just an average trade-in value for the make, model and model year. They don't know your mileage or condition obviously. And you will see the price set on the letter likely builds in about a $5-$10k margin for them not to lose money on the trade.

The last letter I got from my dealer put my M6 at $32k, or some ridiculous number. I know for a fact I can sell my car today at $42k. That's the margin that you see built into that price.

It's just junk marketing email to get you to go inside the dealership to buy a car.
Completely agree with this! I get these letters all the time and they are completely jokes. They are just hoping someone is desperate enough!
Appreciate 0