BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-11-2021, 02:35 PM   #23
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Here some more pics
Attached Images

2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 2
MMMM6GC275.00
jjasonSU194.00
      03-11-2021, 05:24 PM   #24
m6NYC
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
Hey Guys ,got some pics to share on the engine rebuild for my M6,

The build is going to consist of:
Rebuilt cylinder heads
CP Carillo Forged rods and pistons(balanced)
Custom crank bearing clearance and bearings
Fabworx wrapped downpipes
Stage 1 Pure Turbos
SSP Spec R clutch
JB4 Bluetooth controller for Maps and Meth
JB4 Methanol kit
DME custom tune
Methanol tank (not sure what tank yet)
Project Gamma Charge coolers
Project Gamma Charge pipes
Project Gamma intakes
Absolutely awesome build Kevin, thanks for posting all the pictures. 1000+ whp setup easily. Can't wait to see the beast in person.
P.S. if you ever plan on selling, you have my number

Pure Turbos > SSP Clutches > AEM Meth Injection > JB4 w/BCM > DME Stage 2 > VRSF Intercoolers > DSS Axels > IPE Titanium downpipes and exhaust
Appreciate 1
Whipple260.50
      03-12-2021, 04:20 AM   #25
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6NYC View Post
Absolutely awesome build Kevin, thanks for posting all the pictures. 1000+ whp setup easily. Can't wait to see the beast in person.
P.S. if you ever plan on selling, you have my number
Thanks , when I get her back we will definitely meet up one day
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 11:00 AM   #26
AlpineKing
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M6 GC

Quote:
Thanks , when I get her back we will definitely meet up one day
Ditto! Would love to see what this would do against my stock engine in person! Hopefully we are nearing the end of this covid bs.
Appreciate 1
Whipple260.50
      03-12-2021, 08:22 PM   #27
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep

I took my front carbon splitter off because of low clearance of transport,

The front of the filters were wrapped red to hopefully see them better through the grills

Car is built and done to this point ,Tuesday there going to start the Methanol injection and JB4 install then from there load the maps to the JB4 and custom Dyno tune for Meth and race gas

Then the car will be cleaned completely and sent home
Attached Images

2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 3
MMMM6GC275.00
jjgrizz73120.50
jjasonSU194.00
      03-12-2021, 10:20 PM   #28
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Roar!
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vision, CCB, RKAutowerks Forged Rods/Pistons & E85 DI Exhaust Cams,Carbon Fiber CAI & Billet Diff Brace, Infinity Design CF Turbo Inlets, Swaintech Coated DPs, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3 Flash, Bootmod3
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 05:56 PM   #29
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep

Hey guys been awhile since I posted ,car has been done for awhile but the builder Pure Performance Texas, had to test and put some miles on it ,he wanted to make sure the car was 100 percent before sending it back to me ,so all is good the car is going on a trailer back to me within this week here are some links from instagram to see pics and dyno pull,The car made 868.9HP and 986.6TQ but he dialed it back to 832HP and 871TQ this is on stage 1 Pure Turbos and Mustang dyno,There is definitely room for more power with stage 2 turbos and interchiller but I should be fine with this

https://www.instagram.com/pure_performance_tx/
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
DRKNTM615.50
HeyKC101.50
      05-10-2021, 09:30 PM   #30
KMP259
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M6 Competition

Quote:
Here is the CP Carillo rods and pistons, the rings are designed for the Alusil cylinders,The cylinder wall must be recoated /refinished before there installed.I believe a couple years ago you had to install steel sleeves in the block in order to run a forged piston .
Did Pure Performance come up with the CP Carillo rods & pistons....and how long did it take to get finished product.?

Do you think the terrible gas with ethanol caused the fuel injectors to fail?

Would a additive added to the fuel have lubricated the injectors prevent the failure? Just inquiring....

Great build....
Appreciate 1
Whipple260.50
      05-10-2021, 10:48 PM   #31
Minacious
The Dovahkiin
Rep
Drives: LCI M6 GC, other stuff.

As a fellow white M6 owner full of Vorsteiner parts, I always enjoy looking at your car.

I have a new build coming in the near future, once I make some final decisions and can get some time to get the car shipped to RK, so I've enjoyed reading about the progress with your car.

How is the clearance with the Meistershaft and the diffuser? A full Meistershaft is currently my top choice for a new exhaust (not sure if I want to go GTC or SGT yet) and have been wondering about the clearance with the diffuser and 102 tips.
Appreciate 1
Whipple260.50
      05-11-2021, 01:26 AM   #32
M5_Raz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

What a beast, congrats!!

I'm curious, how was it smoking and what color was it before it went boom? Blue smoke or black? When coming to a stop or continuous? After driving hard or even regular driving?

Thanks!
Appreciate 1
Whipple260.50
      05-11-2021, 04:58 AM   #33
eidde
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 m6

$?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 05:10 PM   #34
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP259 View Post
Did Pure Performance come up with the CP Carillo rods & pistons....and how long did it take to get finished product.?

Do you think the terrible gas with ethanol caused the fuel injectors to fail?

Would a additive added to the fuel have lubricated the injectors prevent the failure? Just inquiring....

Great build....
Yes CP Carillo rods & pistons
It only took him about 2 to 3 weeks to do the build but he had the car 3 months as its not my daily I told him no rush, plus he needed extra time to test and tune it make sure its 100% before sending it back, a friend of mine has his M6 engine done there same time as me but he just did stock rebuild got it back in a month with transport time

Not sure if the ethanol killed it ,they just fail change them before 40k mile or you may have a problem

Not sure if an additive would prevent it from failing,I doubt it they just fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minacious View Post
As a fellow white M6 owner full of Vorsteiner parts, I always enjoy looking at your car.

I have a new build coming in the near future, once I make some final decisions and can get some time to get the car shipped to RK, so I've enjoyed reading about the progress with your car.

How is the clearance with the Meistershaft and the diffuser? A full Meistershaft is currently my top choice for a new exhaust (not sure if I want to go GTC or SGT yet) and have been wondering about the clearance with the diffuser and 102 tips.
Thanks I appreciate it!

There close but clears no problem

I would get the GTC with the valves they sound awesome! Gods gift to the M6,I have them open most of the time but theres the few times I close them for piece and quiet, especially on long road trips or going though a quiet neighborhood late night

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_Raz View Post
What a beast, congrats!!

I'm curious, how was it smoking and what color was it before it went boom? Blue smoke or black? When coming to a stop or continuous? After driving hard or even regular driving?

Thanks!
Thank you!
It was a broken ring land so the oil would pass the rings and burn in the combustion chamber you can smell the oil burning ,It started very faint I would smell it at stop lights and go away and wondered if it was me ,It got worse over the next 200 miles ,It wouldn't smoke at startup but when the oil got hot and thin it was really bad continuous smoke,couldnt drive it anymore ,It sucked

Quote:
Originally Posted by eidde View Post
$?
Contact Pure Performance Texas they will have no problem sharing there prices
Appreciate 1
M5_Raz511.00
      05-13-2021, 12:12 AM   #35
yifuuX
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 F13

Great car & work!
Hope you enjoy it.
Seen it numerous times on insta, always loved it
If you don't mind me to ask, why did you choose pure performance over RK Autowerks since they are both in Texas.
Thank you.
Appreciate 1
Whipple260.50
      05-25-2021, 08:27 PM   #36
NGROSSO
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Alpina B6 -- 2016 M6

Awesome! Congrats. What a beautiful build. Fun to follow this one, I appreciated your help too.

Enjoy
Appreciate 1
Whipple260.50
      06-07-2021, 04:59 AM   #37
chrisveal
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Gran Coupe

HI mate, I am going to be tearing my engine down and rebuilding later this year. Just doing my research atm. In relation to the block, correct me if I am wrong but it doesn't look like you bored it and put oversized pistols in it? As I said I could be wrong just from the picture it still looked stained towards the top of the cylinder. Also can you bore a Alusil block, does it require a special coating to be reapplied etc. Or do they just bore it and off you go?
Cheers

Chris
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 09:35 AM   #38
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep

Hi , You cannot bore Alusil cylinders , if the cylinders measure out ok without damage they clean the bore then apply a special paste to the bore to put the silicone back into the Alusil , The rings actually don’t touch the cylinder they glide on microscopic silicone produced from the Alusil , some crazy technology.
You can have sleeves installed , but there are shops now that can repair and refinish the Alusil , a couple years ago you had to sleeve the block to run forged pistons , now they make special forged rings and pistons that are compatible with Alusil , You can search on YouTube how to refinish Alusil , it’s seems to be a fast process but it has to be precise
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2021, 01:37 PM   #39
BMWenthuziast
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i XDrive Convertible

Very Nice!
Appreciate 0