BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

04-06-2020, 12:57 PM   #23
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by plm View Post
Got mine done today. Was in and out of the dealer in under an hour, and that also included them doing a couple of other minor things for me, so it's a pretty straightforward fix.
Do you know if they completely lowered the headliner?
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vision, CCB, RKAutowerks Forged Rods/Pistons & E85 DI Exhaust Cams,Carbon Fiber CAI & Billet Diff Brace, Infinity Design CF Turbo Inlets, Swaintech Coated DPs, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3 Flash, Bootmod3
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 01:17 PM   #24
mikerx5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 F06, 2022 G06

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
Quote:
Got mine done today. Was in and out of the dealer in under an hour, and that also included them doing a couple of other minor things for me, so it's a pretty straightforward fix.
I had mine done, also quick. Not sure about what was removed, but i was left with a nice trim removal tool on accident - so safe to say, something was separated
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2020, 01:34 PM   #25
plm
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Quote:
I don't know, but they managed to do it without interfering with my rear dashcam, which is tucked up right in that area.

My guess is they just pulled the rear of the headliner back enough to get in to the brake light.
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2020, 08:03 PM   #26
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerx5 View Post
I had mine done, also quick. Not sure about what was removed, but i was left with a nice trim removal tool on accident - so safe to say, something was separated
Damn, lucky find. How much you willing sell it for?
      04-18-2020, 02:32 PM   #27
Havy
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Got the recall today. Better late than never.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 10:15 AM   #28
TinCanSailor
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Update: Dealer has declined to refund me the cost of the light because I bought the replacement on the 24th of February. I called BMWUSA and they said I need to take ti up with the dealer, that I should request an exception. I placed a call and sent some emails to show the timeline on when I found out about the recall.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vision, CCB, RKAutowerks Forged Rods/Pistons & E85 DI Exhaust Cams,Carbon Fiber CAI & Billet Diff Brace, Infinity Design CF Turbo Inlets, Swaintech Coated DPs, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3 Flash, Bootmod3
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 11:25 AM   #29
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Every time I go to the dealer I end up with some sort of new wonderful flaw that was not part of the deal...Thinking about skipping out on this one and leaving it for the next owner to do or not to do.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 11:52 AM   #30
plm
Private
United_States
Rep

I know the feeling, but I wouldn’t skip this one. If that thing flies out on the freeway (as happened to TinCanSailor) and hits something or someone then you wouldn’t want to be on the hook for it after BMW has informed you that there is a recall.
Appreciate 2
      05-05-2020, 02:25 PM   #31
TinCanSailor
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I know the feeling, but I wouldn’t skip this one. If that thing flies out on the freeway (as happened to TinCanSailor) and hits something or someone then you wouldn’t want to be on the hook for it after BMW has informed you that there is a recall.

Couldn't agree more, get it done. Add to that you have it fly off and hit someone or someones car and end up in a liability law suit.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 05:57 PM   #32
iskuo
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo1989 View Post
Every time I go to the dealer I end up with some sort of new wonderful flaw that was not part of the deal...Thinking about skipping out on this one and leaving it for the next owner to do or not to do.
A buddy of mine is a BMW mechanic and this is a standard thing that dealerships do (not just BMW). Every time anyone comes in for anything they come up with a whole host of things that are "wrong" with the car. When I went in for the recall they said that I need an alignment and rear brakes which I'll have my friend verify, but in the past it's been "maybe eventually, but not right now."
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 06:18 PM   #33
MMMM6GC
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Update: Dealer has declined to refund me the cost of the light because I bought the replacement on the 24th of February. I called BMWUSA and they said I need to take ti up with the dealer, that I should request an exception. I placed a call and sent some emails to show the timeline on when I found out about the recall.
Have you had the official recall letter through the post from BMW? There's a whole page specifically for customer reimbursement; for those who paid out of pocket for this repair. I can scan my copy up if that's useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo1989 View Post
Maybe try another dealer if that's possible? I shopped around a few dealers in my area until I settled on one where they really looked after me, and were also significantly cheaper.

I have mine booked in for tomorrow + some warranty work, will update on how it goes!
Appreciate 1
      05-05-2020, 07:20 PM   #34
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskuo View Post
A buddy of mine is a BMW mechanic and this is a standard thing that dealerships do (not just BMW). Every time anyone comes in for anything they come up with a whole host of things that are "wrong" with the car. When I went in for the recall they said that I need an alignment and rear brakes which I'll have my friend verify, but in the past it's been "maybe eventually, but not right now."
I wasn’t even talking about them telling me somethings wrong with the car - that would be fine bc I have my own indy shop I would have verify it or not. I was more so speaking of small scratches to the paint, scuffs on the front lip, etc. - cosmetic issues that comes from lack of care. I’m this guy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMM6GC View Post
Maybe try another dealer if that's possible? I shopped around a few dealers in my area until I settled on one where they really looked after me, and were also significantly cheaper.

I have mine booked in for tomorrow + some warranty work, will update on how it goes!
Yeah, that’s another issue. There’s one within a hr distance. The next closes one blew me off 3x for warranty work. The one close to me had my car on THREE separate occasions before actually doing the job (one time for 4 days and they didn’t even start on it lol). But then they want to praise me on how nice/pristine the car is. Just do the job! Ok - rant over. I’ll figure out a solution to the issue at hand I’m sure.

Good luck w your appointment.
Appreciate 1
      05-05-2020, 08:22 PM   #35
MMMM6GC
First Lieutenant
Rep

Damn that sucks. The dealership I ended up with passed my obsessed owner tests when they didn't wash it at my request, and also took an oil sample for me (for Blackstone) without issue.
Appreciate 1
Flying Ace4982.50
      05-07-2020, 11:45 AM   #36
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

I decided to get this fix performed today
      05-07-2020, 04:49 PM   #37
TinCanSailor
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Have you had the official recall letter through the post from BMW? There's a whole page specifically for customer reimbursement; for those who paid out of pocket for this repair. I can scan my copy up if that's useful.

Please scan it. My letter came in but I think it got tossed while we were cleaning the house. If it is more helpful I can DM you my email address.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 05:33 PM   #38
benacto
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M6 GC

got my letter last friday, called right away, took it in monday... got it back today. just happens that they notice my prepaid service expired back in march. I'm not due for another 2000 miles. but he went to talk to the service manager and got approved to do it anyways for free. he said he told them "due to covid-19 lock down".
      05-07-2020, 08:22 PM   #39
MMMM6GC
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Please scan it. My letter came in but I think it got tossed while we were cleaning the house. If it is more helpful I can DM you my email address.
Attached - hope this helps resolve the issue
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      05-07-2020, 10:20 PM   #40
MelbourneFinn
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 G30 M550i

Garage List
2021 BMW M550i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by benacto View Post
got my letter last friday, called right away, took it in monday... got it back today. just happens that they notice my prepaid service expired back in march. I'm not due for another 2000 miles. but he went to talk to the service manager and got approved to do it anyways for free. he said he told them "due to covid-19 lock down".
That’s strange, a security recall should always be at no cost... Same applies to Takata airbag recall, most of our cars I believe are on the list, and this is always done at no cost.
Appreciate 1
MMMM6GC275.00
      05-08-2020, 01:58 AM   #41
benacto
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelbourneFinn View Post
That’s strange, a security recall should always be at no cost... Same applies to Takata airbag recall, most of our cars I believe are on the list, and this is always done at no cost.
Sorry if I was being confusing. They're 2 different things. Recall of course no cost. I meant while I was there for the recall, I mentioned I'm about 2000 miles from my next maintenance service. They check on the system and found it expired back in March. The serviceman spoke with the manager and told me they are extending my expiration date to have my service done at that the same time at no charge. It was also one that includes new spark plugs and all the filters. And they were able to replicate a rattle noise in my steering wheel, which they also fixed.
      05-08-2020, 06:06 PM   #42
TinCanSailor
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
TY! I appreciate the copy.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 06:22 PM   #43
TinCanSailor
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Just based off the bullet point 4 I should be reimbursed. I bought the replacement light on the 24th of February. Now I question whether the stealership even made an attempt to consider or process my claim.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 07:28 PM   #44
TinCanSailor
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Check this out! There have been times where I have waited days and weeks for my SA to respond to things. The dealership is closed at this hour and I had no expectation of a response until Monday afternoon as they are closed over the weekend now due to covid-19.

This is much needed money, approximately 600 USD's, as my motor seized up two weeks after I had to deal with this out of pocket expense. This 600 dollars will make a small but much needed dent in the approximate $13k motor swap.

Thank you so much.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2