BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

01-02-2024, 10:51 PM   #1
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
IND Painted reflectors

Thought i do a writeup on installing the IND painted reflectors on my F06 M6.

Not necessarily hard, just a bit tedious.

These have an extra step due to the side view cameras installed in the reflector mount.

Technically you can do it by turning your wheel hard to the inside so you have space to work. Its just easier if you take the wheel off which I did.

Once the wheel is off you need to remove about 8 - 10mm so you can peal back the fender liner. I should have taken some pictures of that but I its pretty self-explanatory.

You an remove the liner the entire way if you want, I didn't, I just did enough to pull it back.

Once you get access to the reflector. you need to unscrew the camera at the top. its two small torque screws, I forget what size. The camera slides right out.

Next is the part that is a bit of a pain, the reflector is 3m taped inside the fender. I took a small screwdriver and slowly lifted around to get the reflector to pop off.

I did this same procedure on my G12 7 series. On that one, the adhesive stayed on the reflector. On the M6 the reflector popped off and all the 3m tape stayed on the inner part of the fender.

Spend the next 30 min scraping the old tape out and cleaning.

After that the rest is easy. Pull the cover off the 3m tape attached to the new painted reflector and mount it. Screw the camera back on and then realign the fender liner, screw in the 10mm screws, put the wheel back on and your done.

It would have gone fairly quickly if the old tape stayed on the reflector but other then that it's not hard.
Attached Images

01-03-2024, 02:04 PM   #2
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
A daytime show of them installed.
Attached Images