BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      02-01-2019, 05:26 PM   #199
1MOREMOD
-
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
11049
Rep
23,087
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Frozen pizza
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 12:40 AM   #200
pz619
Colonel
2691
Rep
2,931
Posts

Drives: F87 M2C
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
This is an excellent point. But I consulted the chart and it doesn't appear to be a goldfish or a swedish fish so the answer is no. If people want to use the dedicated cafeteria to nuke their fish to a jerky, be my guest. Use the local break room though, there will be problems.

On a separate note, tomorrow I will be making my first pizza from scratch. It'll either be a disaster or a success. We shall see.
So how did the pizza turn out?
Sorry it turned out I didn't make it during the week (made tamales instead), but I have it on the schedule for tomorrow. I'll post pictures. Might be a disaster but I'll let everyone know!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 09:09 AM   #201
heatwave
Banned
heatwave's Avatar
92
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: bmw x5
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: AB

iTrader: (0)

rice with grilled salmon and some salad for today
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 10:55 AM   #202
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
11486
Rep
14,091
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
9+ pounds of fresh chicken wings. I intend to toss these in olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Then they'll be baked and tossed in a combination of Frank's red hot, Worcestershire, and butter.

I don't know if the Super Bowl will be any good, but the wings will be!
Attached Images
 
__________________
Ride.........ride on the dragons breath
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 05:57 PM   #203
M_Six
Free Thinker
M_Six's Avatar
United_States
4616
Rep
6,778
Posts

Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

iTrader: (0)

Wifey's Mango Curry with Chickpea Dumplings over rice pilaf and sauteed spinach. One of my favs.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Mark
markj.pics

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede

Last edited by M_Six; 02-03-2019 at 06:14 PM..
Appreciate 2
P17060.50

      02-03-2019, 06:01 PM   #204
1MOREMOD
-
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
11049
Rep
23,087
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Bunch of contos, local Italian restaurant.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 06:07 PM   #205
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
5461
Rep
4,178
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

Chicken quesadillas I threw on the grill. One of which burned. No pics.
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 06:39 PM   #206
M_Six
Free Thinker
M_Six's Avatar
United_States
4616
Rep
6,778
Posts

Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

iTrader: (0)

Falafel on avocado and chickpea salad. (I suck at food photography.)
Attached Images
 
__________________
Mark
markj.pics

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 3
upstatedoc4788.00
King Rudi8926.00
P17060.50

      02-05-2019, 06:56 PM   #207
pz619
Colonel
2691
Rep
2,931
Posts

Drives: F87 M2C
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (1)

Here is the pizza. Definitely learned a few things.

1. Need a peel so I can use the pizza stone
2. It turned into a square because I was using a squarish pan
3. Used too much sauce
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 3
upstatedoc4788.00
RickFLM45461.00
P17060.50

      02-05-2019, 07:20 PM   #208
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
5461
Rep
4,178
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

How was the crust and how did it taste after cooking it? Nothing wrong with a square / rectangular pizza.

A peel and pizza stone will give you better results than a pan but take some practice. Very easy for it to stick to peel before getting it on the stone. Corn meal helps.

Try some sliced fresh mozzarella.
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 1
pz6192691.00

      02-05-2019, 11:02 PM   #209
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
lsturbointeg's Avatar
United_States
7666
Rep
14,296
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asian lost in OH

iTrader: (0)

Cheat day for dinner so me and the my boys splurged on pizza
__________________
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2019, 03:31 PM   #210
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
846
Rep
254
Posts

Drives: ZL1, Raptor
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
Here is the pizza. Definitely learned a few things.

1. Need a peel so I can use the pizza stone
2. It turned into a square because I was using a squarish pan
3. Used too much sauce
Not that you asked, but I have a fair bit of experience making pizza at home, I have made the mistakes.

your sauce looks a little 'watery' if its homemade, reduce it a little more, if its from a bottle you can strain off some of the water.

until you get good with a pizza peel, just use a pizza stone and build you pizza on parchment paper. The heat that your oven can manage won't hurt the parchment and you don't have to worry about sticking. Once you get more comfortable you can stop using it.

when buying a peel, I strongly recommend the wood/pine looking ones. 'unfinished' wood peels stick much less then a smooth shiny one (like bamboo, or metal)

I also don't use corn meal or semolina, I just use flour on the peel.
Appreciate 2
RickFLM45461.00
pz6192691.00

      02-06-2019, 05:18 PM   #211
pz619
Colonel
2691
Rep
2,931
Posts

Drives: F87 M2C
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
How was the crust and how did it taste after cooking it? Nothing wrong with a square / rectangular pizza.

A peel and pizza stone will give you better results than a pan but take some practice. Very easy for it to stick to peel before getting it on the stone. Corn meal helps.

Try some sliced fresh mozzarella.
Tasted great! Crust turned out perfect, but getting the topping ratio right is going to take some practice. Thanks for the tips! Actually did fresh mozzarella (I have a grater attachment for the kitchenaid) and you can really taste the difference.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2019, 05:20 PM   #212
pz619
Colonel
2691
Rep
2,931
Posts

Drives: F87 M2C
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB925 View Post
Not that you asked, but I have a fair bit of experience making pizza at home, I have made the mistakes.

your sauce looks a little 'watery' if its homemade, reduce it a little more, if its from a bottle you can strain off some of the water.

until you get good with a pizza peel, just use a pizza stone and build you pizza on parchment paper. The heat that your oven can manage won't hurt the parchment and you don't have to worry about sticking. Once you get more comfortable you can stop using it.

when buying a peel, I strongly recommend the wood/pine looking ones. 'unfinished' wood peels stick much less then a smooth shiny one (like bamboo, or metal)

I also don't use corn meal or semolina, I just use flour on the peel.
Great tips, I definitely appreciate it! Indeed sauce was watery and I definitely will reduce it further to thicken it up a bit. Additionally, I think it boiled over on some of the edges. The parchment paper is a great idea! I'll use that until I get the time to find a good peel.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2019, 05:25 PM   #213
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
5461
Rep
4,178
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
Great tips, I definitely appreciate it! Indeed sauce was watery and I definitely will reduce it further to thicken it up a bit. Additionally, I think it boiled over on some of the edges. The parchment paper is a great idea! I'll use that until I get the time to find a good peel.
You can also add a little tomato paste to thicken up the sauce while it's cooking. Good luck and keep us posted!
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 1
pz6192691.00

      02-06-2019, 06:30 PM   #214
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
846
Rep
254
Posts

Drives: ZL1, Raptor
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
Tasted great! Crust turned out perfect, but getting the topping ratio right is going to take some practice. Thanks for the tips! Actually did fresh mozzarella (I have a grater attachment for the kitchenaid) and you can really taste the difference.
Fresh mozzarella can also cause 'watery' problems. If you are cooking at a relatively low temperature (if you are using a home oven, you are) consider using some cheese cloth to get some of the moisture out before putting it on the pizza.

In a super hot oven (700deg +) the water is not a problem, it doesn't have time to escape.

I have to reduce the water in fresh mozzarella when making deep dish pizza.
Appreciate 1
RickFLM45461.00

      02-06-2019, 06:39 PM   #215
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
10471
Rep
8,643
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Y'all been eating a LOT of pizza up in here!

I didn't get a picture of the posole wife brought home from the in-laws last night, didn't last long enough.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2019, 06:46 PM   #216
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
5461
Rep
4,178
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB925 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
Tasted great! Crust turned out perfect, but getting the topping ratio right is going to take some practice. Thanks for the tips! Actually did fresh mozzarella (I have a grater attachment for the kitchenaid) and you can really taste the difference.
Fresh mozzarella can also cause 'watery' problems. If you are cooking at a relatively low temperature (if you are using a home oven, you are) consider using some cheese cloth to get some of the moisture out before putting it on the pizza.

In a super hot oven (700deg +) the water is not a problem, it doesn't have time to escape.

I have to reduce the water in fresh mozzarella when making deep dish pizza.
Good point on the watery nature of fresh mozzarella especially if loading up on cheese. Best to get oven as hot as it will go and have baking stone in there for a while to get as hot as possible.
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2019, 06:55 PM   #217
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
5461
Rep
4,178
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Y'all been eating a LOT of pizza up in here!

I didn't get a picture of the posole wife brought home from the in-laws last night, didn't last long enough.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 1
pz6192691.00

      02-06-2019, 07:00 PM   #218
TXSTYLE
My Actions > Your Words
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
6867
Rep
3,399
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Wink

Keeping things simple tonight...

__________________
https://i.imgur.com/QAMZNzQ.jpg
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2019, 09:24 PM   #219
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
10471
Rep
8,643
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Again tonight. What's left of SECOND bowl
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
P17060.50

      02-08-2019, 12:49 PM   #220
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
846
Rep
254
Posts

Drives: ZL1, Raptor
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Tonights victim. After some attention, and about 14 hours on the Treager we will have dinner on Saturday.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
P17060.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST