BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

08-21-2019, 09:17 AM   #1
mikerx5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 F06, 2022 G06

Looking into a Drivetrain only warranty for my 14GC with 28k - engine stories on here can be intimidating. Looking through the 5 and 6 forums, these companies seem well known and trustworthy.

To be clear, I am currently uncovered!

I just contacted all 3 for quotes.

Anyone else should take a look at for Drivetrain warranties? I would not be approved for USAA.

Thx!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 03:18 PM   #2
HeyKC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 CP

I am curious to know what numbers they come back with for you. I have been tempted to go for one with all the stories read as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 03:15 AM   #3
mikerx5
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyKC View Post
I am curious to know what numbers they come back with for you. I have been tempted to go for one with all the stories read as well.
O-1 with fidelity, car needs to be under warranty to extend.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 12:54 PM   #4
mikerx5
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerx5 View Post
Quote:
Update - zurich doesnt cover bmw any longer.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 01:04 PM   #5
HeyKC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 CP

Quote:
Wow! That is not very comforting.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 01:31 PM   #6
GaretJax
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 M6 Triple Black

Quote:
M series BMWs or any BMWs?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 02:42 PM   #7
mikerx5
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaretJax View Post
Quote:
M series BMWs or any BMWs?
I have no idea. I called asked about warranties and she said what kind of car, when I said BMW M6 - she said we dont cover BMWs anymore, didnt even say Ms only.

I assume I called the right place?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 11:27 AM   #8
mikerx5
Captain
Rep

Striking out left and right here. Main issue is these aren't extended as the car is already out of warranty. Is anyone currently using Delta or Route 66?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 06:15 PM   #9
mikerx5
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Striking out left and right here. Main issue is these aren't extended as the car is already out of warranty. Is anyone currently using Delta or Route 66?
Update - delta quoted me 5 years for 3667 and claims to include EVERYTHING but maintenance. Ran my VIN saw clean carfax, service, and no recalls. Said no limit on claims, no limit on amount, complete bumper to bumper (except maintenance). Specifically mentioned engine, drivetrain, and turbos are covered. Accepted at all dealerships and a $100 deductible.

Carshield quoted me $174 per month for as long as wanted and covers everything BUT the engine (no maintenance) - their aluminum package. This of course is an easy pass
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 12:33 PM   #10
mikerx5
Captain
Rep

BMW in RI came back with 2981 for 36 months... through Penske. Seems like my best bet.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 11:43 AM   #11
M6GCMM
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 GC

Quote:
BMW in RI came back with 2981 for 36 months... through Penske. Seems like my best bet.
Good to know. You don't have to service it at only BMW RI, do you?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 01:02 PM   #12
mikerx5
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6GCMM View Post
Quote:
You do not - any BMW dealer and my contact said there the best benefit is they have to use all official and new BMW parts. No refurbs or aftermarket.

You know how it goes in there, they just want the car in there to upsell!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 05:17 PM   #13
M6GCMM
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You do not - any BMW dealer and my contact said there the best benefit is they have to use all official and new BMW parts. No refurbs or aftermarket.

You know how it goes in there, they just want the car in there to upsell!
Can you DM me the contact info? I have 37k on my 14 and would like to see if they offer the same warranty.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 05:35 PM   #14
Mandrake
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M6GC MT

I would like to thank the many members who share experiences here. I have been looking for warranty coverage and wanted to pass along what I've found. I have a 2016 GC MT with 15K miles. The dealer quoted me about $5100 for 5 years/ 60K miles from now, no deductible at the dealer but $100 elsewhere. That was from The Warranty Group. The BMW branded coverage for 7 years and 70K (?) miles was $8K and change, with the 7 years timed from the date of manufacture. They recommended the TWG product.

I also called Delta Auto Protect, and they eventually came down to $3500 for their everything-but-maintenance plan. 5yrs/60K miles, plus a free oil change (reimbursed up to $300), all OEM parts, valid at any dealer or ASE mechanic, and zero deductible anywhere. There were higher mileage packages, but I did not need that. This seemed like a good deal and I signed up. There is a 30 cancellation period in case anyone knows of a better deal. if you are trying to get the same thing you'll have to bargain a little. I said I was not ready to sign up in response to the first quote, as I had calls out to other insurers. That happened a couple times and the terms improved substantially. YMMV, but this seemed competitive with the offers others have reported here.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 07:35 PM   #15
mikerx5
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake View Post
I would like to thank the many members who share experiences here. I have been looking for warranty coverage and wanted to pass along what I've found. I have a 2016 GC MT with 15K miles. The dealer quoted me about $5100 for 5 years/ 60K miles from now, no deductible at the dealer but $100 elsewhere. That was from The Warranty Group. The BMW branded coverage for 7 years and 70K (?) miles was $8K and change, with the 7 years timed from the date of manufacture. They recommended the TWG product.

I also called Delta Auto Protect, and they eventually came down to $3500 for their everything-but-maintenance plan. 5yrs/60K miles, plus a free oil change (reimbursed up to $300), all OEM parts, valid at any dealer or ASE mechanic, and zero deductible anywhere. There were higher mileage packages, but I did not need that. This seemed like a good deal and I signed up. There is a 30 cancellation period in case anyone knows of a better deal. if you are trying to get the same thing you'll have to bargain a little. I said I was not ready to sign up in response to the first quote, as I had calls out to other insurers. That happened a couple times and the terms improved substantially. YMMV, but this seemed competitive with the offers others have reported here.
So you chose delta over BMW? Interested to hear why, was it mostly the same?

I dont like the fact you can negotiate with delta so quickly, and i could also... makes me think there was a shady approach.

If delta is legit, from a number stand point - they offer better pricing.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 08:14 AM   #16
Mandrake
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

I dont like the fact you can negotiate with delta so quickly, and i could also... makes me think there was a shady approach.

The BMW branded extended warranty would give me 2.5 more years at about $3,000 per year. I wanted a longer duration at lower cost. The BWM dealer's TWG policy seemed decent in coverage and duration, but I was hoping to pay less than the quoted $5200. The main advantage seemed to be that they, the dealer, have long experience with TWG and like working with them. Delta has much better pricing at the $3500 I mentioned, but I have not decided yet whether that policy actually insures my risks in practice. If I need coverage, will they promptly respond to estimates and pay for repairs or reimbursements as promised? The experience on the internet seems pretty mixed and at present I am not inclined to accept the policy.

I have a few more calls out and will report back on the findings.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 11:03 AM   #17
mikerx5
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

The BMW branded extended warranty would give me 2.5 more years at about $3,000 per year. I wanted a longer duration at lower cost. The BWM dealer's TWG policy seemed decent in coverage and duration, but I was hoping to pay less than the quoted $5200. The main advantage seemed to be that they, the dealer, have long experience with TWG and like working with them. Delta has much better pricing at the $3500 I mentioned, but I have not decided yet whether that policy actually insures my risks in practice. If I need coverage, will they promptly respond to estimates and pay for repairs or reimbursements as promised? The experience on the internet seems pretty mixed and at present I am not inclined to accept the policy.

Thanks. Is yours OUT of warranty? Mine is and my price was 2900 for 3/36 through penske (dealership owned by)

I must not be getting the same things you do? Maintenance?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 08:33 AM   #18
M6GCMM
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks. Is yours OUT of warranty? Mine is and my price was 2900 for 3/36 through penske (dealership owned by)

Is that for a preferred plan?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 01:00 PM   #19
mikerx5
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Is that for a preferred plan?
It is
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 11:13 PM   #20
Mandrake
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

Your quote is ~$1000/yr and that's consistent with the quote I had from the dealer. $5200 for 5yrs/60k. And yes, my car is out of warranty.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 08:21 PM   #21
Murdock1012
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wait! Where did you get this info? I currently have Zurich on my f06 M6. I spoke to them last wk regarding my comfort access that I need to take in to BMW for repairs. I was told have them send in the bill and pay the Deductible of $100.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 09:03 PM   #22
mikerx5
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdock1012 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wait! Where did you get this info? I currently have Zurich on my f06 M6. I spoke to them last wk regarding my comfort access that I need to take in to BMW for repairs. I was told have them send in the bill and pay the Deductible of $100.
Perhaps they meant for new policies? The number I received and dialed told me that. Im confused
Appreciate 0