BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-14-2019, 07:03 PM   #23
KINOPTIK
New Member
2
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: 2013 M6 2D
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Ontario,california

iTrader: (0)

Great work
Appreciate 1
hugo_nz3171.50
      01-29-2020, 10:27 PM   #24
willywi
Second Lieutenant
86
Rep
232
Posts

Drives: BMW x3, BMW x5
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo_nz View Post
Wee update. With the retrofit done and working 100% I noticed that ISTA was running quite slow when doing its it's initial test and subsequent fault clearing. 5 minutes to do a complete identification with test, and another 5 minutes to clear any errors and re-test. The control unit tree was also a mess since it was looking for CIC, CID, Combox and ZBE2 whilst not knowing what to do with the ZBE3 and TBX. KOMBI and AMP were also showing as red, and obviously NBT wasn't showing at all.

I corrected this in two steps. First was to update the FA, second was to update the VCM with the SVT Actual data. The basic steps re-configured the control unit tree to now show the actual connections, i.e no MOST connection to from the ZGW, etc. AMP, KOMBI and HU_NBT were missing from both ECU and VCM reads now, but I fixed this by running a new TAL calculation and in TAL processing selecting HWInstall only. Esys was also set to update VCM after TAL processing. Presto, all three missing modules show up in both ISTA and Esys. ISTA now does the identification and test in under a minute again.

Oh, and the TBX had a "no coding data" error in ISTA so I injected a CafD in Esys and coded it. Error gone :-)

Hello there, I recently did CIC to NBT retrofit my self and eveything is complete and working fine except for the control unit tree in ISTA. I replaced my ZGW02 - Mid to ZGW02 4SK which doesn't have MOST connector. The unit tree on ISTA shows ZBE3 on K-CAN1 instead of K-CAN2, NBT headunit is only connected to MOST line from ZGW no K-CAN2 connect to headunit which is wrong since ZGW no longer have MOST output. Can you please tell me the procedure of fixing controll unit tree? I would very appreciate it.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2023, 05:09 PM   #25
shmalik
Registered
United Kingdom
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: e53
Join Date: May 2018
Location: london

iTrader: (0)

Thinking of doing a CIC to EVO retrofit, just wanted to know if HUD will work afterwards?
Can someone confirm?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2023, 07:34 AM   #26
SWFLf10
Captain
SWFLf10's Avatar
United_States
374
Rep
639
Posts

Drives: 2016 Alpina B6, 2015 535i
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmalik View Post
Thinking of doing a CIC to EVO retrofit, just wanted to know if HUD will work afterwards?
Can someone confirm?
I went from NBT to EVO and had no issues, besides needing a power adapter for the screen. No other special needs for it that I remember.

So if someone can confirm at least CIC to NBT HUD works, then there should be no reason CIC to EVO wouldnít.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2023, 01:56 PM   #27
rorz12
Private First Class
19
Rep
106
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW 650i Gran Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: Qatar

iTrader: (0)

I don't mean to hijack the thread but I think a good alternative route (which I ended up taking) for those who are considering the upgrade is to get an android head unit. Much easier installation and no programming, bigger (12.3") and more modern screen, touch screen, seamless integration with CIC.. And you get to install the full versions of Waze, Google Maps, Spotify etc + Android Auto/Carplay.. and best of all can be had for 400-500 USD. Looks great too. I don't see why one should go through the hassle of NBT when it's already several years old.
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2023, 08:49 AM   #28
SWFLf10
Captain
SWFLf10's Avatar
United_States
374
Rep
639
Posts

Drives: 2016 Alpina B6, 2015 535i
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorz12 View Post
I don't mean to hijack the thread but I think a good alternative route (which I ended up taking) for those who are considering the upgrade is to get an android head unit. Much easier installation and no programming, bigger (12.3") and more modern screen, touch screen, seamless integration with CIC.. And you get to install the full versions of Waze, Google Maps, Spotify etc + Android Auto/Carplay.. and best of all can be had for 400-500 USD. Looks great too. I don't see why one should go through the hassle of NBT when it's already several years old.
For most people, thatís probably a great alternative that cheaper and potentially easier. Some people prefer to keep it all OEM if possible though, such as myself. Just something about upgrading the system using genuine components that just feels right.

Not that thereís anything truly wrong with all the other options out there. Just comes down to person preference.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2023, 11:44 AM   #29
rorz12
Private First Class
19
Rep
106
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW 650i Gran Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: Qatar

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFLf10 View Post
For most people, thatís probably a great alternative that cheaper and potentially easier. Some people prefer to keep it all OEM if possible though, such as myself. Just something about upgrading the system using genuine components that just feels right.

Not that thereís anything truly wrong with all the other options out there. Just comes down to person preference.
Agree 100% about using OE as much as possible. For the screen + HU upgrade though it was just SO expensive (~$1500 when I was looking ) it didn't seem right given that I still wouldn't get what I want most which is Waze/Maps, big screen, touch..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2023, 12:30 PM   #30
SWFLf10
Captain
SWFLf10's Avatar
United_States
374
Rep
639
Posts

Drives: 2016 Alpina B6, 2015 535i
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorz12 View Post
Agree 100% about using OE as much as possible. For the screen + HU upgrade though it was just SO expensive (~$1500 when I was looking ) it didn't seem right given that I still wouldn't get what I want most which is Waze/Maps, big screen, touch..
Thatís very true about the price.

I personally went with the NBT EVO so I could have CarPlay. And I have a touchscreen I still have to install sometime in the future.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2023, 10:04 PM   #31
shmalik
Registered
United Kingdom
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: e53
Join Date: May 2018
Location: london

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFLf10 View Post
I went from NBT to EVO and had no issues, besides needing a power adapter for the screen. No other special needs for it that I remember.

So if someone can confirm at least CIC to NBT HUD works, then there should be no reason CIC to EVO wouldnít.
Done the CIC to EVO retrofit and everything works including HUD however the arrows or graphics show slightly off centre to the right, and also the right side of the graphics is cut off. Does anyone had this issue, if so what is the solution?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2024, 10:02 PM   #32
BlackBear
Second Lieutenant
United_States
33
Rep
212
Posts

Drives: M6 Cab + M850 + McLaren 570Spi
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sunshine

iTrader: (0)

I have an NBT head unit and a monitor and got a long APIX cable, the two fiber optic bridges and Bluetooth Antenna on order.

Which wires need to be changed on the quadlock other than the radio antenna, wire from pin 13 to 15? What pin #s on the quadlock do the CAN 2 wires from the CAS go into?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST