BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

08-19-2020, 06:43 PM   #1
Rooster23
Frayed Ends of Sanity
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3 Comp

Advice please on Eibach springs for a 640i GC

Hey all - question on Eibach springs. The sets for 650's are plentiful and listed as a 'valid' application, but there doesn't seem to be an exact application, at least stateside, for a 640 GC. However, Eibach's Germany webpage lists a p/n for the 640d GC and 640i GC (same exact p/n for both). I've also seen UK members here with 640d's on Eibach's. So my question is does anyone see any issues with getting the Eibach's listed for the 640d/640i? I only hesitate because of the aforementioned lack of an 'official' application for the 640i GC RWD - but the 6 diesel and 6 petrol are surely comparable. Plus, Eibach in CA validated the p/n was valid for both.

FYI, before questions come back about H&R's, they are out of stock till who knows when and I like the lowering of 25mm front / 20 mm rear for the Eibach's. I also have always had great luck with Eibach in terms of quality and ride comfort. THANK YOU!!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 09:11 AM   #2
JoshLee89
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Infiniti G37S / BMW E92 335i

I also was very interested in Ebiach Prokit for 640i GC RWD.

On US official website (as well as I emailed Eibach US for clearification) if they make one for 640i GC RWD. They said they didn't

When I search on google, which shows me UK Official Eibach Webiste, questioned them, they guided me to P/N "E10-20-029-01-22", where it seems to be originally for the F12 640i convertible. He said (UK Webiste too) they, 640i GC RWD & 640i Convertible RWD springs are compatible.

I'm still confused and hesitant about my next action.

I'm only into Eibach, b/c I need clearance + Comfort (Stock) ride,
H&R Springs are great as well, and is available but I'm not looking down to go that low.

Please share your thoughts and anything you'll do regards to lowering springs.

BTW : My 640i has EDC (Comfort+, Comfort, Sport, with different dampening)
Appreciate 0