BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

10-27-2023, 08:02 PM   #1
CININ
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650i Gran Coupe

Navigation not working

Hello I’ve got 2013 650i,

After disconnecting the battery due to me replacing the cabin air filter, I began to have some problems with the connected drive system.

I began to have issues where the navigation system it started not to work (never ending loading).

I realised that the picture search also wasn’t functioning, possibly could be connected.

Anyway to fix this?, I tried holding the volume off button for 30 sec to restart but nothing happens.
Thank you,

I
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2023, 02:26 PM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Just an fyi…im not sure what is happening…but the BMW connected services should not affect your navigation system…even when 3G goes down in your country. The nav system is a direct system that is uploaded to your CIC. The NAV maps aren’t received over GPS services…so if the tower systems were knocked out…it would not affect your ability to enter nav destinations or coordinates because that data is already in your CIC.

If the issue occurred after you did some work…then more than likely…something you did affected the operation of the nav system.

Which battery cable did you disconnect? Could you have shorted a cable against something metallic? Did yo9u accidentally or unknowingly disconnect any wiring during the filter exchange that affected the CIC?

Can you still access BMW connected in iDrive?

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 10-30-2023 at 08:11 AM..
Appreciate 1
CININ1.50
      10-30-2023, 03:20 AM   #3
CININ
United_States
Rep

Hi Qsilver7,

Thank you for responding to my issue, when I was disconnecting the battery I had disconnected the negative terminal, and made sure it wasn’t able to make contact.

Connected drive opens up but I’m not sure if it’s normal it directs to three different phone numbers(mobile care, hotline and your services)

For further context which I should have listed previously, after the dissconnecting the battery the next morning a family member someone had drove the car. Mean while apparently to them everything was working well. Until, they were waiting at an intersection and the car had made a (loud noise) from the engine bay they do not recall it being either mechanical or electrical. Although at that moment the car had losses all power and then started up Again.

After that the cars had issue with navigation(never ending loading) picture search(“no content available for this theme”) the software update setting being grayed out and weirdly mobile devices connect to the car and communicate, but aren’t seen in thr multimedia.

Fortunately I already had an appointment booked with a certified bmw mechanic, but I would be great if anyone knew what the problem is, im guessing that there is a physical disconnection thus the loud bang.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-24-2023, 10:43 AM   #4
ammar.mtaani@gmail.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 528i 2013

I face the same problem

Hello everyone, did you know the solution and the cause of the problem is exactly the problem.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2023, 04:31 PM   #5
CININ
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammar.mtaani@gmail.com View Post
Hello everyone, did you know the solution and the cause of the problem is exactly the problem.
Hey Ammar, so I took it to a tech, and they said that there had Been a short circuit. How it happened I have no idea, possibly some water.

They looked and realised a section of the onboard computers circuits was toasts, but they managed to fix it manually. It costed me 800AUD to fix. They said it costed around about 4500AUD for a new one, but lucky it was fixable. After that everything is working.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2023, 06:43 PM   #6
ammar.mtaani@gmail.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 528i 2013

Thank you. Can you give me other details about the part or the location of the problem here in Jordan? A technologist would be happy to do so. If you know specifically the location of the malfunction or the part, send me its name and I will inform them. Thank you.
Appreciate 0