BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

07-10-2020, 10:08 PM   #1
foma1
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 coupe

custom tune???

so im running down pipes, drop in filters and a JB4... cars fast but i want a lil more power. I want to do BM3 with a custom tune, any advice? I here BM3 with a good custom tune beast out DME Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 11:42 PM   #2
itzjoker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 650i Gran Coupe

You'd be dropping a lot for just the license and a custom tune on top of Jb4 for less gains with your current setup. IMO I would do meth injection and then get a custom BM3 tune to fully utilize its potential.

Edit: I believe JB4 may have a Map setting for meth, in that case you could just do meth injection and easily be above 700whp. A custom BM3 would push that even further.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 10:10 PM   #3
foma1
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzjoker View Post
You'd be dropping a lot for just the license and a custom tune on top of Jb4 for less gains with your current setup. IMO I would do meth injection and then get a custom BM3 tune to fully utilize its potential.

Edit: I believe JB4 may have a Map setting for meth, in that case you could just do meth injection and easily be above 700whp. A custom BM3 would push that even further.
not so sure I care to do meth though. I also wasn't sure if I was going to do JB4 on top of the custom tune.... that may just do it though
Appreciate 0