BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

11-02-2020, 08:24 AM   #1
BMWRoverFtw
Rep
Drives:

Removing 8S4 Variable Light Distribution (VLD) from VO

Has anyone removed 8S4 from the VO in E-sys to successfully get VLD??

I have 2014 pre-LCI 650i with LED headlights and the low beams are pretty horrible. I drive on Texas highways were you can get to highway speed 70mph+ but can not ride with highs on as you will blind all the other drivers in the city. I feel like I am grossly outdriving my lights at highway speed. My old e46 xenons were much better.

If they could tilt up slightly at highway speed, as I understand how VLD works, I feel like things would be much better.

Also is there an adjustment procedure for the headlights? That would be my second choice if needed.

Finally, I do understand the pre-LCI can not do anti dazzle nor do I have 5AP to remove from my VO.

I have the 552 - Adaptive LED Lighting, 5AC - High beam assistant, 5AG - Lane change warning, and 8S4 - Decoding, variable light distribution.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2020, 11:02 PM   #2
BMWRoverFtw
Rep
Drives:

With a little research and Bimmercode I got VDL working. It isn't life changing but completely worth a couple clicks in expert mode. If you have adaptive LEDs it is a no brainer. I did not need to VO code or use e-sys.

Steps:
-Connect to bimmercode
-open footwell module FRM__03CT (reading the other F series forums this could also be the front electronic module FEM_01)
-open expert mode
-open 3073 LaMaster1
-pull down and search "forward"
-open LUT_FLU_FORWARDLIGHTING_Y
-by default all will be on _mit_ (Red X)
-click on any _ohne_ and all three checks will move to the _ohne_ tags
-back out and search "AFS"
-open C_AFS_ENA
-by default all will be on disable (Red X)
-click on any enable and all three checks will move to the enable tags
-back out of AFS, back out of 3073
-Click code in the upper right hand corner

My lights now move a good bit into the direction of the turn, adjust their height at different speeds, and adjust up when the fogs are on. You will know it worked if your drivers beam drops and moves out to the left at start up. In addition, if you turn on your fogs the drivers lamp will come back to the center and both will raise slightly.
Attached Images

Last edited by BMWRoverFtw; 11-13-2020 at 11:30 PM..
Appreciate 0