BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

09-26-2018, 02:02 PM   #23
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishes View Post
Hey Man,

I was debating on which way to go as well. I'm not sure if you know, but Eurocharged Performance out of Houston has been tuning turbo BMW's for a while now. The downside was the only way to get the tune was to get a bench tune from one of their authorized dealers.

Another M6 friend of mine recommended them even though he has the Mission Performance tune. I reached out to them and found out they are going forward with flash tuning and recently received the flash tuner with stage 1 and stage 2. The CEO of Eurocharged helped me through the whole process. Currently I have Stage 1 because my downpipes haven't been installed.

My M6 GC Eurocharged Stage 1 beat my friends M6 Coupe with Mission Performance Stage 1. Just FYI, in case you're interested.
I've always liked working with Eurocharged when it came to my AMG's so I've been considering them for the M6 GC. Any possibility you'll run your car on a dyno? Their advertised numbers are 680hp & 627lb-ft tq, which seems pretty even with other tuners...Also, did you happen to run your friend when you both were stock? I feel like I've read in the past how GC's are supposedly a tad bit faster than the coupe. Could be wrong though.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2018, 02:07 PM   #24
rishes
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo1989 View Post
I've always liked working with Eurocharged when it came to my AMG's so I've been considering them for the M6 GC. Any possibility you'll run your car on a dyno? Their advertised numbers are 680hp & 627lb-ft tq, which seems pretty even with other tuners...Also, did you happen to run your friend when you both were stock? I feel like I've read in the past how GC's are supposedly a tad bit faster than the coupe. Could be wrong though.
So the numbers they've posted online are less than what they should be putting down.

I did race him when we were stock, and our cars were almost even (his was a nose in front of me).

I think Eurocharged had a more linear powerband because once my car hit 3rd gear (sport plus, sport, sport and MDM) it started to really walk in front of him.

Jerry from Eurocharged is excellent, and I'm not sure if you're in the south or the east coast, but if you're in Texas go right to them, and if you're in the NYC area, they'll be up here in the middle of october doing dyno tuning.

I haven't dyno'd my car but I'm not planning on it until I go stage 2 next week.
      10-22-2018, 07:26 AM   #25
MetZF82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 F06 M6

Hey guys. I'm new to the s63tu platform. I've been debating and researching a bit on what tuner to use for my M6 Gran Coupe.

When I had a w211 e55 amg eurocharged was excellent, customer service was always there and had no issues in terms of reliability. Performance was great.

I did move on to a f82 M4 and the jb4 was so convenient. So this weekend I went ahead and ordered the Jb4 with Bluetooth. The options to do map switching and data logging is so nice. I do plan on doing a backend flash for it as well.

I'll be using a jb4 bolt on m4 as my baseline. I can switch to map 0 to run stock boost and back to a higher boost map to see gains.

If anyone lives in the nyc area and wants to do some comparisons if they have a flash pm me!
Appreciate 0