BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

01-11-2022, 01:36 PM   #1
Chilldontsice
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F06 MG GC

Tire recommendation? (Nitto vs Michelin)

Hey guys, purchased a 2016 gc comp last fall from bmw that had originally came with nitto tires (555 G2 I think)

The car had just been traded in so the dealer stated upon inspection it would benefit from a rear tire swap which they did for Michelin pilot sport 4S.

I've since swapped out the rims/wheels with winter set up as I'm in the DMV area but wanted to have the same tires front and back when I put on the summers come spring. The nittos have a lot of tread left (unknown miles) and the 4S is practically new (under 200 miles if that)

Just wanted some advice Should I swap out the nittos and replace with 4S or vice versa or keep as is?

I've heard nittos aren't too good in the wet and this is my daily. My car is not tuned. I would likely sell the ones I replace. Just looking for excellent traction in the dry and safe in the rain.

The rims are aftermarket Rohannas so the tire rears are 315/30/20 and fronts 275/35/20

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 01:42 PM   #2
MelbourneFinn
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 G30 M550i

Garage List
2021 BMW M550i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilldontsice View Post
Hey guys, purchased a 2016 gc comp last fall from bmw that had originally came with nitto tires (555 G2 I think)

The car had just been traded in so the dealer stated upon inspection it would benefit from a rear tire swap which they did for Michelin pilot sport 4S.

I've since swapped out the rims/wheels with winter set up as I'm in the DMV area but wanted to have the same tires front and back when I put on the summers come spring. The nittos have a lot of tread left (unknown miles) and the 4S is practically new (under 200 miles if that)

Just wanted some advice Should I swap out the nittos and replace with 4S or vice versa or keep as is?

I've heard nittos aren't too good in the wet and this is my daily. My car is not tuned. I would likely sell the ones I replace. Just looking for excellent traction in the dry and safe in the rain.

The rims are aftermarket Rohannas so the tire rears are 315/30/20 and fronts 275/35/20

Thanks!
Michelin PS4S all around for a daily driver!
Appreciate 2
DRKNTM615.50
m34SPD306.50