BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      10-04-2021, 01:26 PM   #177
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
12676
Rep
8,978
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Isaiah 40:22 -

"It is he who sits above the circle of the earth..."
Wait, are you arguing FOR, or AGAINST biblical support???

CIRCLE of Earth, not GLOBE or BALL
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 01:28 PM   #178
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Joekerr's Avatar
7939
Rep
1,896
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi S6
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

Circle does not exclude sphere. A sphere would be a circle based on any point of view.

I'm actually not sure the Bible specifically says one way or another, which is why I was surprised that some believe it does.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
he's Canadian. By international law we all must worship him and all other products of the country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Joe's mind and vocabulary are much like being served something that you don't want to swallow on a 24k gold platter.....with 5 star service.
Appreciate 1
      10-04-2021, 01:52 PM   #179
dscabra
Private First Class
dscabra's Avatar
1326
Rep
185
Posts

Drives: BMW M550i (G30)
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Ask how Keppler's laws work and if they also believe we don't have satellites on orbit. If the Earth were flat or a disk, a satellite, if you could figure out the physics to keep it above the Earth, could have visibility to the entire surface of the Earth at once.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 08:03 AM   #180
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
5.M0NSTER's Avatar
United_States
2802
Rep
1,733
Posts

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Back in Michigan, GO BLUE!

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscabra View Post
Ask how Keppler's laws work and if they also believe we don't have satellites on orbit. If the Earth were flat or a disk, a satellite, if you could figure out the physics to keep it above the Earth, could have visibility to the entire surface of the Earth at once.
This. Why I always laugh off flat earthers. Look at a picture of the earth from a satelite, or from the moon.

1) the satellite exists
2) itís in a stable orbit, geosynchronous or asynchronous
3) the images show a globe

Stick a fork in it, itís done.
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2021, 09:07 AM   #181
Noneya
Second Lieutenant
240
Rep
213
Posts

Drives: '21 X5MC, '14 X1 35i M sport
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2021 X5MC  [0.00]
A good double digit percentage of people here and elsewhere who laugh at the flat earthers have no problem believing in magical invisible sky creatures.
Appreciate 1
unluky4493.00
      10-05-2021, 09:36 AM   #182
dscabra
Private First Class
dscabra's Avatar
1326
Rep
185
Posts

Drives: BMW M550i (G30)
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I watched the Netflix movie referenced in the first post. It was hilarious at times and scary to think that people are so easily persuaded by a charismatic personality ... think Hitler during WW2 kind of scary. I thought the ending was apropos, "Hmm, that's interesting."
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 09:57 AM   #183
Efthreeoh
Lieutenant General
United_States
10121
Rep
16,539
Posts

Drives: E90 & Z4 Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MARLAND

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Wait, are you arguing FOR, or AGAINST biblical support???

CIRCLE of Earth, not GLOBE or BALL
"It's just one big circle jerk."
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 10:06 AM   #184
2000cs
Captain
2158
Rep
981
Posts

Drives: Potato
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Carl did it well here:
Appreciate 1
5.M0NSTER2802.00
      10-05-2021, 10:44 AM   #185
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Joekerr's Avatar
7939
Rep
1,896
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi S6
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneya View Post
A good double digit percentage of people here and elsewhere who laugh at the flat earthers have no problem believing in magical invisible sky creatures.
I believe in God.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
he's Canadian. By international law we all must worship him and all other products of the country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Joe's mind and vocabulary are much like being served something that you don't want to swallow on a 24k gold platter.....with 5 star service.
Appreciate 3
UncleWede12676.00
ntg442573.00
      10-05-2021, 12:58 PM   #186
Noneya
Second Lieutenant
240
Rep
213
Posts

Drives: '21 X5MC, '14 X1 35i M sport
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2021 X5MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I believe in God.
How bravely irrational of you :shrug:.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 01:17 PM   #187
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Joekerr's Avatar
7939
Rep
1,896
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi S6
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneya View Post
How bravely irrational of you :shrug:.
I figured you needed a target. So here I am.

Your life is short here on earth compared to the eternity that is going to await you if you don't accept Christ as your saviour.

But I don't suspect I'll change your mind. Just like you aren't going to change mine.

Still...a rational human such as yourself should be able to articulate exactly what you believe...and why you see no evidence for a God in this world. PM me since we can't discuss religion here openly anymore.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
he's Canadian. By international law we all must worship him and all other products of the country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Joe's mind and vocabulary are much like being served something that you don't want to swallow on a 24k gold platter.....with 5 star service.
Appreciate 2
      10-05-2021, 02:47 PM   #188
sygazelle
Brigadier General
3775
Rep
3,037
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
"Third table from the sun"
I'm just now catching up with this sad thread. Thanks for making me spill my coffee!

Funny stuff. Thanks for the laugh.
Appreciate 1
5.M0NSTER2802.00
      10-05-2021, 03:29 PM   #189
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
5.M0NSTER's Avatar
United_States
2802
Rep
1,733
Posts

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Back in Michigan, GO BLUE!

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneya View Post
A good double digit percentage of people here and elsewhere who laugh at the flat earthers have no problem believing in magical invisible sky creatures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I believe in God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneya View Post
How bravely irrational of you :shrug:.
I believe in not braking on a racetrack until I see GOD. At that point I appreciate that my 6 Piston Brembo brakes feel like they can stop the rotation of the globe that is earth.

They are a night and day difference compared to the 4 Piston brakes on the OG M2. Verified by geosynchronous satellite data (hovering over the fixed point of the globe, while moving in perfect circle around the spherical planet at a fixed radius) to provide more negative acceleration.

Attached Images
 
__________________
2017 BMW M2 German Spec
6MT, Driver's Package
--> SOLD
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 10-05-2021 at 03:38 PM..
Appreciate 1
sygazelle3775.00
      10-05-2021, 03:56 PM   #190
ryan stewart
Major
1051
Rep
1,039
Posts

Drives: 2008 328it
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
Ive never really been curious ENOUGH to engage an idiot but I always wondered how they resolved the motion of the sun, the moon, the planets, the perceived retrograde orbits, etc.

Like, is someone up there moving this stuff around over this plate/square/whatever?

Ive heard that there is a wall that is guarded by NASA or something (but for some reason our enemies dont call us out on it) so people dont fall off, but whats below us? If you dig deep enough do you fall through, do you fall forever?

Its just amazing the sheer amount of other dumb questions you have to answer to explain away things like gravity.
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2021, 04:05 PM   #191
dscabra
Private First Class
dscabra's Avatar
1326
Rep
185
Posts

Drives: BMW M550i (G30)
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
I believe in not braking on a racetrack until I see GOD. At that point I appreciate that my 6 Piston Brembo brakes feel like they can stop the rotation of the globe that is earth.

They are a night and day difference compared to the 4 Piston brakes on the OG M2. Verified by geosynchronous satellite data (hovering over the fixed point of the globe, while moving in perfect circle around the spherical planet at a fixed radius) to provide more negative acceleration.

Technically, geosynchronous satellites are not the same thing as geostationary satellites. Geostationary satellites have no inclination whereas geosynchronous satellites have some inclination that results in their nadir trace appearing as a small figure-8 vs. a fixed point. Sorry, this stuff is what puts food on my table and pays for my car habit.
Appreciate 4
Noneya240.00
5.M0NSTER2802.00
vreihen165783.00
Efthreeoh10121.00
      10-05-2021, 04:18 PM   #192
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
5.M0NSTER's Avatar
United_States
2802
Rep
1,733
Posts

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Back in Michigan, GO BLUE!

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscabra View Post
Technically, geosynchronous satellites are not the same thing as geostationary satellites. Geostationary satellites have no inclination whereas geosynchronous satellites have some inclination that results in their nadir trace appearing as a small figure-8 vs. a fixed point. Sorry, this stuff is what puts food on my table and pays for my car habit.
I sit corrected. And it does makes sense as there is some "tilt" in the orbit of our very round planet.
__________________
2017 BMW M2 German Spec
6MT, Driver's Package
--> SOLD
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 05:02 PM   #193
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
vreihen16's Avatar
United_States
5783
Rep
694
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Orange County, NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dscabra View Post
...whereas geosynchronous satellites have some inclination that results in their nadir trace appearing as a small figure-8 vs. a fixed point. Sorry, this stuff is what puts food on my table and pays for my car habit.
Who is still using Tundra orbits these days? I'm pretty sure that the last commercial user was the old Sirius satellite radio Radiosat 1-3 constellation. (Sorry, I'm a geek and also used to drive past the uplink dish farm in NJ every day, which was unique in that it could turn the dishes to follow the birds.)

I guess the military could use those orbits to monitor the arctic or antarctic, or as a part of some missile-detection system?????
__________________
2015 BMW i3 BEV, Giga World (Lodge interior), Tech/Driving Assist Packages, 20K miles
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 05:16 PM   #194
dscabra
Private First Class
dscabra's Avatar
1326
Rep
185
Posts

Drives: BMW M550i (G30)
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Who is still using Tundra orbits these days? I'm pretty sure that the last commercial user was the old Sirius satellite radio Radiosat 1-3 constellation. (Sorry, I'm a geek and also used to drive past the uplink dish farm in NJ every day, which was unique in that it could turn the dishes to follow the birds.)

I guess the military could use those orbits to monitor the arctic or antarctic, or as a part of some missile-detection system?????
Tundra orbits are still used. The old XM ensembles (Rock and Roll) and (Rhythm and Blues) were in geo, but Sirius used Tundra.

Last edited by dscabra; 10-05-2021 at 05:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 05:47 PM   #195
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
vreihen16's Avatar
United_States
5783
Rep
694
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Orange County, NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Sirius-XM decommissioned/parked the three Sirius Tundra-orbit birds about 5 years ago AFAIK, replacing them with two geo birds. I don't know of any other commercial Tundra users off the top of my head.....
__________________
2015 BMW i3 BEV, Giga World (Lodge interior), Tech/Driving Assist Packages, 20K miles
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 06:04 PM   #196
dscabra
Private First Class
dscabra's Avatar
1326
Rep
185
Posts

Drives: BMW M550i (G30)
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Sirius-XM decommissioned/parked the three Sirius Tundra-orbit birds about 5 years ago AFAIK, replacing them with two geo birds. I don't know of any other commercial Tundra users off the top of my head.....
Makes sense to consolidate after the merge. I don't know of any commercial users of Tundra orbits today either.
Appreciate 1
vreihen165783.00
      10-25-2021, 03:46 PM   #197
Lady Jane
Squidgirl in remission.
Lady Jane's Avatar
Canada
16510
Rep
537
Posts

Drives: 2020 X3 and R1200RT
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Atlantic Canada.

iTrader: (0)

Name:  Flat.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  36.9 KB
__________________
Appreciate 4
upstatedoc6748.00
2000cs2158.00
vreihen165783.00
      10-26-2021, 08:18 AM   #198
e90335e36m3
Lieutenant
673
Rep
482
Posts

Drives: 2019 M4CS
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Waxhaw, NC

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I figured you needed a target. So here I am.

Your life is short here on earth compared to the eternity that is going to await you if you don't accept Christ as your saviour.

But I don't suspect I'll change your mind. Just like you aren't going to change mine.

Still...a rational human such as yourself should be able to articulate exactly what you believe...and why you see no evidence for a God in this world. PM me since we can't discuss religion here openly anymore.
Supposing I was able to overcome the circular reasoning and illogical faith-based arguments for God...how can so many people have gotten it wrong who earnestly believe Allah is their lord and savior? So many people going to hell simply by virtue of being born in the wrong part of the world. Doesn't seem fair to condemn these people to eternal suffering for something as uneventful as their short life on this Earth, especially by a God who is good.
Wait, I can't overcome it after all. Would happily take you up on PM discussions. I've been married to a devoutly Christian woman for 10 years, have gone to different churches, read the Bible, tried to keep an open mind, but after all this time, I am still agnostic. I don't know if God exists or does not, but cannot go either way with absolute certainty.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST