BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

12-18-2020, 01:44 PM   #1
glenn8
Rep
Drives: 640i

640i bootmod3 burble not working

Hi

I got an issue with bootmod3 and its burble fuction. It simply refuses to work.
First my car: bmw 640i, N55, stock, 07.2011, from switzerland

I've been going back and forth with customer support and yet have to succeed. Im trying to flash stage 1, 91 octane.
They gave be access to AGG tune and that didnt work either.
No matter what settings I choose, how long or how agressive it doesnt burble at all.
So they just told me to check if ASD (active sound design) was deactived via coding before. I never did any coding on it but checked either way.
However in bimmercode and another tool I tried do NOT list the ASD module. Its completly missing.
I tried activating and deactivating ASD on bootmod3 itself, no change.
I never get any errors. Everything seems to flash just fine.

The main reason I got bootmod3 is the burble. And I even asked a year prior (just bought it this black friday) if it works on my car and they said it would be no problem.

Anyone know the issue? Is it because of missing ASD?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2020, 01:53 PM   #2
iamvanja
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 640i GC white on red

640is do not have an ASD.
But is the burble done through ASD? I expect not.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2020, 02:33 PM   #3
R0N
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 72 240z Audi Avant BMW 640I GC

I have MHD. I have to put it in manual mode in order for the burble. I have my min. rpm set to 1800 and max set to 5800. I don't know if you have an option to set how aggressive. I have mine set to soft. I wanted mine to sound more stock.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2020, 02:40 PM   #4
glenn8
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamvanja View Post
640is do not have an ASD.
But is the burble done through ASD? I expect not.
Well that explains that I guess? I dont know how bootmod3 makes burble work. I'll have to see what they will write me next.
Worst case, I'll try refund :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0N View Post
I have MHD. I have to put it in manual mode in order for the burble. I have my min. rpm set to 1800 and max set to 5800. I don't know if you have an option to set how aggressive. I have mine set to soft. I wanted mine to sound more stock.
I was debating wether I should do MHD or Bootmod. However BM3 was cheaper thanks to usd currency and black friday offer.
I also asked them prior if it would work on my car so...
You also have a 640i? Was it clear that it would only work on manual?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2020, 10:14 PM   #5
R0N
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I was debating wether I should do MHD or Bootmod. However BM3 was cheaper thanks to usd currency and black friday offer.
I also asked them prior if it would work on my car so...
You also have a 640i? Was it clear that it would only work on manual?[/QUOTE]

Yes I have the 640i. It wasn't working for me on auto but I noticed today when it was sport mode and auto, it had baby burbles when I was slowing down lol. It would only do it sometimes. In manual mode, it would burble all the time and longer. I prefer it to burble in manual mode only because I don't want to burble all the time. I didn't want to burble on quiet streets like in my neighbor hood or if someone has their car window open. I have my duration set to 1.3s m and 2s on s. I don't if this makes a difference, I have the M6 exhaust with a custom X pipe.

Btw, I got mine on black friday also. I paid $464 and includes all maps/stages. I was debating on BM3 but I noticed it was $50 more the maps. I thought the MHD was cheaper? It also had maps that utilized the xHP transmission flash which I bought on bf.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 02:16 AM   #6
glenn8
Rep

Quote:
Yes I have the 640i. It wasn't working for me on auto but I noticed today when it was sport mode and auto, it had baby burbles when I was slowing down lol. It would only do it sometimes. In manual mode, it would burble all the time and longer. I prefer it to burble in manual mode only because I don't want to burble all the time. I didn't want to burble on quiet streets like in my neighbor hood or if someone has their car window open. I have my duration set to 1.3s m and 2s on s. I don't if this makes a difference, I have the M6 exhaust with a custom X pipe.

Btw, I got mine on black friday also. I paid $464 and includes all maps/stages. I was debating on BM3 but I noticed it was $50 more the maps. I thought the MHD was cheaper? It also had maps that utilized the xHP transmission flash which I bought on bf.
I think the currency conversion made bm3 cheaper for me. I only need stage 1 map too. Im pissed that it says it works on 640i and they told me earlier it works without problems. I also bought it because i wanted it to burble only when i want it to. Sadly it doesnt at all. I actually didnt try manual mode. Ill give it a try next time. But since yours works in sport I doubt mine will.
What year is your model?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 07:52 AM   #7
jro4
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i

Do you have the stock exhaust on your car? I have a 640i and installed BM3 shortly after I got the car mainly for performance benefits, but it wasn’t till after I got a custom exhaust work done that the burbles worked and it’s only in sport or manual mode. I think those massive stock mufflers contain the burbles
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 01:58 PM   #8
glenn8
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jro4 View Post
Do you have the stock exhaust on your car? I have a 640i and installed BM3 shortly after I got the car mainly for performance benefits, but it wasn’t till after I got a custom exhaust work done that the burbles worked and it’s only in sport or manual mode. I think those massive stock mufflers contain the burbles
All stock except except mufflers. That shouldnt be the problem though. The burbles should still be generated wether its fully stock or not.
The customer support also told me a year ago that it only works in sport mode (not comfort) on the 640i. But yeah, I have yet to hear something.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2020, 01:16 AM   #9
R0N
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn8 View Post
All stock except except mufflers. That shouldnt be the problem though. The burbles should still be generated wether its fully stock or not.
The customer support also told me a year ago that it only works in sport mode (not comfort) on the 640i. But yeah, I have yet to hear something.
I am not sure but you maybe right with the stock pipes.? The stocks really silence the car. I have the M6 mufflers with a custom x-pipe with the valves left open.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2021, 04:10 PM   #10
glenn8
Rep

Hey guys so I received a new test map from the support and burble works now.
However its active all the time. I cannot toggle it off depending on what mode Im on.
I told them it works but not how its supposed to. My car burbles on all modes at the same setting. It should only do so in sport and comfort mode.

Quote:
The guys from bootmod told me it may not support toggleable burble. However according to you it should work on a set mode.
I mean I also specifically asked a year ago if my car supports that and they said yes.

Oh well I told them to try fix it or give a refund if its not possible.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 03:28 PM   #11
R0N
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn8 View Post
Hey guys so I received a new test map from the support and burble works now.
However its active all the time. I cannot toggle it off depending on what mode Im on.
I told them it works but not how its supposed to. My car burbles on all modes at the same setting. It should only do so in sport and comfort mode.

The guys from bootmod told me it may not support toggleable burble. However according to you it should work on a set mode.
I mean I also specifically asked a year ago if my car supports that and they said yes.

Oh well I told them to try fix it or give a refund if its not possible.
That's unfortunate. I would get a refund then try MHD or see if MHD has a trial.?

I made changes to mine. I only have burble on when on Sport mode and at 1.5 seconds. I want it to sound stock. It's close but sometimes there's too much burbles. If I can find a good setting then I might enable it with comfort mode. Unfortunately I only make one change and stays like that for a week or 2 until I try another setting. I am not constantly trying different burble settings and I should, I wish I had more time.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 03:59 PM   #12
nguyendot
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i

Quote:
I am not sure but you maybe right with the stock pipes.? The stocks really silence the car. I have the M6 mufflers with a custom x-pipe with the valves left open.
If we hook up the vacuum from the stock sport exhaust to an M exhaust (i have a M5 valved exhaust) will it have enough vacuum to actuate the valves? 640i only has 1 vacuum hose, M5 has 2.
Appreciate 0