BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-09-2019, 04:58 PM   #45
KrutoyM6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan32 View Post
throw in a small subwoofer since the factory audio is pretty weak IMHO.

I've been looking into getting the BAV sound ghost underseat subwoofers v2 upgrade 8ohm (I have a gran coupe with B&O), maybe you can get them first and let me know how they are haha

Also, how are the dinan sway bars? Did they make a noticeable difference?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 08:54 PM   #46
Ryan32
Rep
Drives: 2016 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrutoyM6 View Post
I've been looking into getting the BAV sound ghost underseat subwoofers v2 upgrade 8ohm (I have a gran coupe with B&O), maybe you can get them first and let me know how they are haha

Also, how are the dinan sway bars? Did they make a noticeable difference?
I'll let you know soon. I have the car in the shop getting the rear tail-light fixed as it had a factory defect. So it's been from one shop to another here lately.

Works out ok since the weather has been crap, but i'm anxious to put some time behind the wheel with all the modifications and i'll let you know how it goes.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 11:05 AM   #47
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

A bit late to this thread but better late than never. What a fantastic vehicle ...
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 08:50 PM   #48
pr0xy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW M6 Convertible (F12)

Yes, really an amazing build 🤤

@Ryan32, did you get the Bav Sound v2 ghost subwoofers? If so, any feedback you could provide ??
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 07:33 AM   #49
paskal 45
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 m5, Red 335i, Benz E63

that is a very nice car
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 04:59 PM   #50
Ryan32
Rep
Drives: 2016 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xy View Post
Yes, really an amazing build 🤤

@Ryan32, did you get the Bav Sound v2 ghost subwoofers? If so, any feedback you could provide ??
I have the B&O system in my car, and according to Bav's website the ghost subs aren't compatible. Next week i'm going to run it by an audio shop here to get some suggestions from them on aftermarkets though.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 07:03 PM   #51
MelbourneFinn
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 G30 M550i

Garage List
2021 BMW M550i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan32 View Post
I have the B&O system in my car, and according to Bav's website the ghost subs aren't compatible. Next week i'm going to run it by an audio shop here to get some suggestions from them on aftermarkets though.
If you want suggestions let me know. Don’t have B&O, just the standard H/K, but with a bit of knowledge and guidance from a car audio installer you can create something pretty amazing to our cars. But due to how the B&O is setup, prepare to get rid of the B&O multi channel amp and sound “improvement” trickeries - you can keep the head unit and all functionality except surround.

Here is what I did:
MObridge CANBUS converter
Mosconi 6-channel DSP/amp
SoundStream monoblock amp (for sub)
Focal front & rear speakers
Focal under seat woofers
Custom sub enclosure + 12” Focal sub
Add a really good installer who knows what they do - pretty amazing result. Surround systems are most often there really to hide imperfections in sound, I prefer hard core quality. And everything looks OEM, with the exception of the sub enclosure in the trunk - depending how strong bass you want, there may be options to “hide” the sub, or if you drive a coupe without folding rear seats (or if you don’t really care about foldable seats) there are some pretty good quality slim subs that can be installed against the rear seat back rest without impacting the trunk space much. And a good byproduct is that you get rid of the artificial engine noise through speakers.

PM me if you want more details, I have plenty of pictures of the install, but the quality is too good to upload here without first...
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 09:04 AM   #52
bluflaggz
Rep
Drives: R.I.P E39 M5

Which source did you purchase your Vorsteiner replica sideskirts? They look good.
Appreciate 0