BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

06-29-2020, 05:05 PM   #23
BMWM5NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 Monte Carlo Blue M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagtagXMASTER View Post
So i took my car in today and they checked her out. Car has no leaks. They said mist likely it leaks through the Schrader valves the ac machine hooks onto. So they recovered 0.26 lbs of refrigerant. They put in 1.60 lbs and now i have perfectly cool AC.
Schraeder valves should have caps on them to prevent leakage. (I work in the HVAC field) They tend to leak as they age. These cars (F10 5 series) as well tend to have slow leaks at the condensor coil seams. Faulty design. The new designed condensors do not leak. If it starts to hiss again, they have to replace the condensor. A vaccum test(leak test) won't show it leaking. They have to pressurize the system with dye tracer and then they will see condensor "sweating" (leaking) refrigerant at the seams of the coil.
      06-29-2020, 05:21 PM   #24
RagtagXMASTER
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM5NYC View Post
Quote:
So i took my car in today and they checked her out. Car has no leaks. They said mist likely it leaks through the Schrader valves the ac machine hooks onto. So they recovered 0.26 lbs of refrigerant. They put in 1.60 lbs and now i have perfectly cool AC.
Schraeder valves should have caps on them to prevent leakage. (I work in the HVAC field) They tend to leak as they age. These cars (F10 5 series) as well tend to have slow leaks at the condensor coil seams. Faulty design. The new designed condensors do not leak. If it starts to hiss again, they have to replace the condensor. A vaccum test(leak test) won't show it leaking. They have to pressurize the system with dye tracer and then they will see condensor "sweating" (leaking) refrigerant at the seams of the coil.
Thank you for the information. I will keep that in mind and if will see if i need a condenser replacement. Is there s part number for the upgraded condenser?
      06-29-2020, 08:48 PM   #25
BMWM5NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 Monte Carlo Blue M5

Quote:
Thank you for the information. I will keep that in mind and if will see if i need a condenser replacement. Is there s part number for the upgraded condenser?

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...509109725~oeb/

That is a link to a site that sells the updated condensor. It has both part numbers.
      07-03-2020, 06:35 AM   #26
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: Many BMWs and SRTs

Drove the car for the first time in a few months yesterday. It was 95 degrees out. The AC did not blow any cold air at all...all hot air. I did not hear any hissing noises or the condenser turning on. I haven't seen any leaking on the floor in the garage. The AC was working perfectly fine last summer and the car has been hardly driven since then.

Any thoughts? So you still I think it might be leaking are weeping? Any other blockages or issues that I should look for? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2020, 01:08 PM   #27
mikerx5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F06

Garage List
2013 BMW X6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
Drove the car for the first time in a few months yesterday. It was 95 degrees out. The AC did not blow any cold air at all...all hot air. I did not hear any hissing noises or the condenser turning on. I haven't seen any leaking on the floor in the garage. The AC was working perfectly fine last summer and the car has been hardly driven since then.

Any thoughts? So you still I think it might be leaking are weeping? Any other blockages or issues that I should look for? Thanks.
2 of us had luck with a recharge
Appreciate 0