BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

05-02-2023, 09:13 PM   #1
Msparta
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6M

pedal haus diy

Got these recently and figured I could share my diy.

The kit is simple to use and has a break pedal guide that allows for marking drill holes to secure the break pedal.

The drilling of the break pedal took some work. I ended up using 4 screw and bolts to ensure no play on the attachment. Some other diy videos show folks using 2-3 at most.

On the accelerator pedal I ended up doing pilot holes then securing the unit with the self tapping screws.

The dead pedal rest was a lot of fun. I under up tearing off the metal plate which has all these rubber nipples. What I did next was razor shave all these off to ensure a smooth surface to affix the new plate which is backed by a thick 3m double sided strips.

What I did not finish was the carpet foot rest plate which I ordered two - one for driver and one for passenger. Vendor forgot to include the hardware to secure these so I am awaiting those to complete my instal.

Almost forgot I also got these large cool cnc aluminum shifters… very cool feel.

More to come - I have a custom steering wheel in the works - stay tuned!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      05-02-2023, 09:48 PM   #2
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Looks very nice. They should use countersunk allen or torx head screws. Its got me thinking about this.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 1
Msparta312.00
      05-02-2023, 09:50 PM   #3
Msparta
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
Looks very nice. They should use countersunk allen or torx head screws. Its got me thinking about this.
You are absolutely right. I may end up going that route at my local hardware shop next…
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2023, 10:13 PM   #4
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Keep me posted on what sizes you settle on.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2023, 07:11 AM   #5
Luftpost
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 650 GC, E39’s, X70, X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
In stainless steel.

L
Appreciate 0