BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

08-24-2021, 11:40 PM   #1
jenc
Rep
Drives: X5

640i GC maintenance guide?

Is there a maintenance guide for 640i GC owners? What are the common problems? I'm looking at a 2016 with 80K miles. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 05:53 AM   #2
ex46fanatic
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 330ci F06 640i GC both LCI

So I just got one this year with 100k and it still feels "like new".

I'm going to treat this like my m54 engine. Looking out for oil leaks, vacuum leaks (which cause engine hesitation/misfire).
The MAF/O2 sensors.

At this mileage first job I will do will be the spark plugs. Within that job I hope to explore the engine some more.

I too searched for "common problems" for the 640i, there don't seem to be many! ither than the usual valve cover/ofhg oil leaks to look out for. It's also nice driving a petrol BMW that does not need an oil top up every 1k miles!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 12:22 AM   #3
jenc
Rep
Drives: X5

Thanks a lot! I also found this:
https://www.6post.com/forums/newrepl...ply&p=27985670

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex46fanatic View Post
So I just got one this year with 100k and it still feels "like new".

I'm going to treat this like my m54 engine. Looking out for oil leaks, vacuum leaks (which cause engine hesitation/misfire).
The MAF/O2 sensors.

At this mileage first job I will do will be the spark plugs. Within that job I hope to explore the engine some more.

I too searched for "common problems" for the 640i, there don't seem to be many! ither than the usual valve cover/ofhg oil leaks to look out for. It's also nice driving a petrol BMW that does not need an oil top up every 1k miles!
Appreciate 0