BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

12-04-2018, 08:42 PM   #23
F06msportmia
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by $howtime456 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerBosewicht View Post
Looking good, definitely should consider the drop on H&R, I was reluctant at first but the ride quality don’t change at all. She looks mean as she sit though bro!
x2 on this. ride quality is dam near stock. doesnt give the car that slammed look..
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by F06msportmia View Post
Nope not dropped and not planning on it!
Looking good, definitely should consider the drop on H&R, I was reluctant at first but the ride quality don't change at all. She looks mean as she sit though bro!
Quote:
Originally Posted by $howtime456 View Post
Quote:
Looking good, definitely should consider the drop on H&R, I was reluctant at first but the ride quality don't change at all. She looks mean as she sit though bro!
x2 on this. ride quality is dam near stock. doesnt give the car that slammed look..

Question? There is DIY that I recently saw for the springs on the forum. On the 6 must the back seat be removed to access the top of the strut? Not that I would attempt a DIY but my interior is white and the rear has never been sat in looks straight from the assembly line. If the rear has to be removed then I probably won't attempt it. Thanks fellas and appreciate all the feedback.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 12:08 AM   #24
board57796
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Question? There is DIY that I recently saw for the springs on the forum. On the 6 must the back seat be removed to access the top of the strut? Not that I would attempt a DIY but my interior is white and the rear has never been sat in looks straight from the assembly line. If the rear has to be removed then I probably won't attempt it. Thanks fellas and appreciate all the feedback.
That was my write up. I found it almost impossible to access the strut nuts by only removing the speaker grills.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 06:03 AM   #25
F06msportmia
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by board57796 View Post
Quote:
That was my write up. I found it almost impossible to access the strut nuts by only removing the speaker grills.
Great write up, with all the details and pics!

I'm big into DIY, i did the rear airbags on the X5 a few years back and feel comfortable taking stuff apart on a car and putting it back together. I have all the tools and garage for it. The springs is something that I'm on the fence about. If like you stated that the rear seat must come out then I pass. My white interior will go to shit... could use a drop but doesn't look bad as is.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 10:07 AM   #26
board57796
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Great write up, with all the details and pics!

I'm big into DIY, i did the rear airbags on the X5 a few years back and feel comfortable taking stuff apart on a car and putting it back together. I have all the tools and garage for it. The springs is something that I'm on the fence about. If like you stated that the rear seat must come out then I pass. My white interior will go to shit... could use a drop but doesn't look bad as is.
Thank you!!

The rear seat itself doesn’t come out, per se. The only part of the cushions that came out were the very extreme edges of the rear seat backrest. The rest of the work was done with the seat bottom in place and the rear seats simply folded down. What has to come loose the most is the rear shelf where the sunshade and speakers are. The leather was pretty well protected since the seat was just folded like normal.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 11:13 AM   #27
mrjsmith88
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5M

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Hello Fellas!

Been on the forum now for 8+ years or so, I had e83 X3 MSport, e90 325i MSport, e70 X5 and f06 640i MSport (current).

Being on the forum definitely contributes to the mod bug and hard to get away from. All of my BMW's except for the X3 were modded in some shape.

I got the F06 last September 2017 on the last day of the month right after hurricane Irma hit. I swore to my self and to the wife that I wasn't going to mod the car because it sat PERFECT... that didn't last long.

Here are few picks from this afternoon as she sits today after tints and full detail.

-CF diffuser
-CF rear lip spoiler
-M6 comp mufflers
-CF M muffler tips
-Black double slat kidney grills
-BMS intake
-RSV 21" wheels
-20% Ceramic tints
-Fully coded with all options
-Debadged
-Color matched rear reflectors
-OEM interior LED

I think I'm done for now... considering getting a CF front lip.

Out of ALL the cars I have owned this by far is my favorite! I have even considered getting the same F06 just 2018 later on.
Car looks good man
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 11:28 AM   #28
F06msportmia
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjsmith88 View Post
Quote:
Hello Fellas!

Been on the forum now for 8+ years or so, I had e83 X3 MSport, e90 325i MSport, e70 X5 and f06 640i MSport (current).

Being on the forum definitely contributes to the mod bug and hard to get away from. All of my BMW's except for the X3 were modded in some shape.

I got the F06 last September 2017 on the last day of the month right after hurricane Irma hit. I swore to my self and to the wife that I wasn't going to mod the car because it sat PERFECT... that didn't last long.

Here are few picks from this afternoon as she sits today after tints and full detail.

-CF diffuser
-CF rear lip spoiler
-M6 comp mufflers
-CF M muffler tips
-Black double slat kidney grills
-BMS intake
-RSV 21" wheels
-20% Ceramic tints
-Fully coded with all options
-Debadged
-Color matched rear reflectors
-OEM interior LED

I think I'm done for now... considering getting a CF front lip.

Out of ALL the cars I have owned this by far is my favorite! I have even considered getting the same F06 just 2018 later on.
Car looks good man
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 05:57 PM   #29
$howtime456
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i

Quote:
shit i wouldnt know to be honest. got mines done at the shop.
Precision 6266 On Steroids
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2018, 08:41 PM   #30
F06msportmia
Major
United_States
Rep

*Added detail pics*
Appreciate 0