BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

11-24-2019, 03:59 PM   #1
Jeffxxx
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw m6 GC competition

Fabworx Performance downpipes

Just finished the installation of a set of Fabworx Performance downpipes along with new spark plugs, aFe pro dry air filters with charcoal filter delete, and a Bootmod3 stage 2 91 octane flash. The car sounds and feels amazing. Not excessively loud at all and you can really hear the turbos spool up.

I read a lot about which downpipes to go with and I can attest that I had zero fitment issues with the Fabworx pipes. No cutting or modification to the heat shield was required for me. Message them on Facebook and they may be able to hook you up with a good price.

I had the pipes Cerakoted before installing which I couldn't get a definitive answer as to being required or not, but with the cost of these cars/motors I opted to spend the $150 to coat them for a peace of mind. So I would recommend that.

I replaced all the hardware/screw clamps/gaskets using this diagram linked below. You do not need to replace item No. 6 which is a spacer flange. Make a note that there is a gasket on the turbo shown on item No. 5.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=18_0952

Below is a link to a picture of them installed.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...EWV2CuK5OxSsJ0
      11-25-2019, 12:16 AM   #2
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffxxx View Post
Just finished the installation of a set of Fabworx Performance downpipes along with new spark plugs, aFe pro dry air filters with charcoal filter delete, and a Bootmod3 stage 2 91 octane flash. The car sounds and feels amazing. Not excessively loud at all and you can really hear the turbos spool up.

I read a lot about which downpipes to go with and I can attest that I had zero fitment issues with the Fabworx pipes. No cutting or modification to the heat shield was required for me. Message them on Facebook and they may be able to hook you up with a good price.

I had the pipes Cerakoted before installing which I couldn't get a definitive answer as to being required or not, but with the cost of these cars/motors I opted to spend the $150 to coat them for a peace of mind. So I would recommend that.

I replaced all the hardware/screw clamps/gaskets using this diagram linked below. You do not need to replace item No. 6 which is a spacer flange. Make a note that there is a gasket on the turbo shown on item No. 5.

Yeah the downpipes on these cars sound awesome I have mine mated with a Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust with stage 3 DME tune it sounds insane,I installed Fabworx downpipes about a year ago and the only thing I had to adjust was the rear bracket behind the engine on the driver side it was a little bit of a pain but easy with the right tool,I never installed any ceracote or wrap, my engine temps stayed the same as stock,I spoke to Keith from Fabworx and he said its not necessary,So naked downpipes will cool off quite quickly ,the ceramic coat and wrap will never hurt anyway, the stock downpipes are double walled because the cats act like giant glowing heat sinks and that keeps the downpipes continually hot,
I see in your pic you used the bungy cord method to hold the DMEs open that works great ,enjoy and have fun
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 06:52 PM   #3
M6ORL
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw m6 bmw 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffxxx View Post

Yeah the downpipes on these cars sound awesome I have mine mated with a Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust with stage 3 DME tune it sounds insane,I installed Fabworx downpipes about a year ago and the only thing I had to adjust was the rear bracket behind the engine on the driver side it was a little bit of a pain but easy with the right tool,I never installed any ceracote or wrap, my engine temps stayed the same as stock,I spoke to Keith from Fabworx and he said its not necessary,So naked downpipes will cool off quite quickly ,the ceramic coat and wrap will never hurt anyway, the stock downpipes are double walled because the cats act like giant glowing heat sinks and that keeps the downpipes continually hot,
I see in your pic you used the bungy cord method to hold the DMEs open that works great ,enjoy and have fun
videossss please...
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 02:12 PM   #4
castlesteve
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Coupe, 2017 X5M

how's your DCT holding up? I so want to drop the DPs in and bump to stage 2. I also have full GTC exhaust and sitting on a Mission Stage 1. No complaints for over a year
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 03:24 AM   #5
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by castlesteve View Post
how's your DCT holding up? I so want to drop the DPs in and bump to stage 2. I also have full GTC exhaust and sitting on a Mission Stage 1. No complaints for over a year
The trans is holding up fine , I really want to get it dynoed to see the actual numbers , If anything say I’m in manual mode and cruising in 4th or 5th gear at a low rpm and I womp on it I think I can hear it slip a little , I can hear it in the rpm range , if I down shift and bring the rpms up I have no problem,
I guess it’s not good to do that anyway because in auto mode the car will naturally downshift to a lower gear
Appreciate 0