07-14-2020, 12:12 AM   #10231
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 F150, 20 GLI, 19 ZLE, 212S

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
Your statements are somewhat at odds with one another. If I'm putting others at risk somewhat (having an opinion apparently), then you should care what I do. If you rightly don't, then it doesn't matter much what I think does it?

You have your MN leadership and your own set of rules. I have mine in CA. What I do literally has nothing to do with what happens to you.
Sure go with that. Don't you have packing to do etc?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 12:21 AM   #10232
AlpineWhite_SJ
Slayer of dumb ~ IG: d0ctajones
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I don’t need to pretend. Anyone would do something differently than Trump. Doing something being the key word and actually listening to scientists etc.

Funny you were just criticizing Fauci for unsolicited opinions etc. Two posts in a row now you going on about what you are doing etc based on your opinions, again, why do I care what you do? Good luck with your move I guess?

Also, you supposedly don’t trust a thing Trump says, but you are voting for him in November aren’t you?
Yeah, see how that works. I'm a random person on the internet. Just like you. Just like chris719. The reason I don't provide my bonafides, but expect them from others is I don't pretend to be an expert in the field I'm talking about. If you do, you should back it up. If you don't pretend to be, just say so. I'm just a guy pronoun online who has an opinion that happens to have worked in healthcare, studied political science for a major and done better than most at life. Feel free to ignore me, it won't keep me up at night.

And no, nothing to pack yet. Need to find a property where we're moving and get some work done here first. But it's on the calendar and I'm sure CA can make up the extremely large tax payments from somewhere else.

As to Trump, I dunno. If Biden would put up a running mate already (since that's who we're really we're voting for), I'd have a better idea. I didn't vote for Trump in 2016 because I live in CA and it's not a swing state so I can protest vote with little consequence. This year, I may end up doing so if the DNC runs senile Biden plus some other unpalatable loser. Or I may just write in vote Ronald Reagan for shits and giggles.

Quote:
He “lasers” plenty of people over a ton of stuff. He’s a veteran of these parts, he can take it.
Appreciate 2
BimBimM2776.50
MKSixer24974.50

07-14-2020, 12:30 AM   #10233
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, see how that works. I'm a random person on the internet. Just like you. Just like chris719. The reason I don't provide my bonafides, but expect them from others is I don't pretend to be an expert in the field I'm talking about. If you do, you should back it up. If you don't pretend to be, just say so. I'm just a guy pronoun online who has an opinion that happens to have worked in healthcare, studied political science for a major and done better than most at life. Feel free to ignore me, it won't keep me up at night.

And no, nothing to pack yet. Need to find a property where we're moving and get some work done here first. But it's on the calendar and I'm sure CA can make up the extremely large tax payments from somewhere else.

As to Trump, I dunno. If Biden would put up a running mate already (since that's who we're really we're voting for), I'd have a better idea. I didn't vote for Trump in 2016 because I live in CA and it's not a swing state so I can protest vote with little consequence. This year, I may end up doing so if the DNC runs senile Biden plus some other unpalatable loser. Or I may just write in vote Ronald Reagan for shits and giggles.
I have no idea what you are talking about here and am not pretending to be anything (nor is Chris IMO). You asked a question and I answered. Yah see how that works?

At least Chris posted what he does/credentials etc. The others that were pounding on him went silent when asked for the same multiple times.

Veiled name drop on income.......gotta love your arrogance in nearly every post. Somehow I’m sure California will survive without you and your “extremely large tax payments.”
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2020, 12:43 AM   #10234
AlpineWhite_SJ
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have no idea what you are talking about here and am not pretending to be anything (nor is Chris IMO). You asked a question and I answered. Yah see how that works?

At least Chris posted what he does/credentials etc. The others that were pounding on him went silent when asked for the same multiple times.

Veiled name drop on income.......gotta love your arrogance in nearly every post. Somehow I’m sure California will survive without you and your “extremely large tax payments.”
Dude, stop reading into everything with your opinion on things. Some things are just statements. I called out Chris 'cause I was literally one of the ones calling out his credentials since he claimed to be the expert on scientific papers and other topics. Rather than start a whole new post addressing that, I brought it up here so I could explain where I'm coming from with regards to why ask for bona fides. I never asked for yours. Sorry, I don't care. You never claimed to understand epidemiology, virology, public health and a bunch of other topics. And unless I missed a post or 1000, he never actually came out and said role/company/background. Programming FPGAs for a medical device maker means you know a narrow sliver unless you show otherwise.

Once again, you project your blind biases. Given our tax rates, anyone who isn't minimum wage bottom crawling in CA pays more than most of you in income tax, not to mention property tax. Don't get butt hurt over it, you're happier and less burdened where you are.

Quote:
He “lasers” plenty of people over a ton of stuff. He’s a veteran of these parts, he can take it.
Appreciate 2
BimBimM2776.50
MKSixer24974.50

07-14-2020, 12:54 AM   #10235
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dude, stop reading into everything with your opinion on things. Some things are just statements. I called out Chris 'cause I was literally one of the ones calling out his credentials since he claimed to be the expert on scientific papers and other topics. Rather than start a whole new post addressing that, I brought it up here so I could explain where I'm coming from with regards to why ask for bona fides. I never asked for yours. Sorry, I don't care. You never claimed to understand epidemiology, virology, public health and a bunch of other topics. And unless I missed a post or 1000, he never actually came out and said role/company/background. Programming FPGAs for a medical device maker means you know a narrow sliver unless you show otherwise.

Once again, you project your blind biases. Given our tax rates, anyone who isn't minimum wage bottom crawling in CA pays more than most of you in income tax, not to mention property tax. Don't get butt hurt over it, you're happier and less burdened where you are.
Definitely not butthurt over anything unlike you apparently.

I laugh at your need to project something in nearly every one of your posts.

Minnesota isn’t exactly a low tax state and you have no idea how much my wife and I pay. Difference is we don’t bitch about it and enjoy/understand the high quality of life it helps contribute to here for the majority of people. Especially in times like these.
Appreciate 2
chris7193841.00

07-14-2020, 12:58 AM   #10236
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep
Drives: M240xi 'Vert

Quote:
Quote:

Minnesota isn’t exactly a low tax state and you have no idea how much my wife and I pay. Difference is we don’t bitch about it and enjoy/understand the high quality of life it helps contribute to here for the majority of people. Especially in times like these.
Oh gawwwd... the income remark earlier was completely uncalled for. Then continue to laser the guy over it is just terrible.

Not a good look.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 01:05 AM   #10237
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimM2 View Post
Oh gawwwd... the income remark earlier was completely uncalled for. Then continue to laser the guy over it is just terrible.

Not a good look.
And you think I care what you think? Worry about your own “look.”

Who says “lasers” in that context?
Appreciate 1
chris7193841.00

07-14-2020, 01:11 AM   #10238
AlpineWhite_SJ
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Yeah, no idea. Not like the tax rates are public info or anything. Sub 10 percent even if you're killing it vs 13.3% top rate in CA. Not even going to get into actuals based on specific situations since personal deductions, other deductions and income bands aren't apples to apples. Property tax is likely lower by 30% as well. Keep coming with those facts.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 01:16 AM   #10239
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep
Drives: M240xi 'Vert

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimM2 View Post

Not a good look.
And you think I care what you think? Worry about your own "look."

He "lasers" plenty of people over a ton of stuff. He's a veteran of these parts, he can take it.

Who says "lasers" in that context?
I am worried about your look! You make Minnesotans look petty and passive aggressive haha (oh wait...)

I am glad I made you laugh man. I am not here to step in someone else's piss fight. Let's have a beer!
Appreciate 1
minn197108.50

07-14-2020, 01:16 AM   #10240
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, no idea. Not like the tax rates are public info or anything. Sub 10 percent even if you're killing it vs 13.3% top rate in CA. Not even going to get into actuals based on specific situations since personal deductions, other deductions and income bands aren't apples to apples. Property tax is likely lower by 30% as well. Keep coming with those facts.
Didn’t say they were the same, but you are telling me liberal MN is a low tax state? That’ll be news to the Republican Party here.

You live in one of the most expensive regions in the country, what do you expect? Didn’t you say you were moving?
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2020, 01:24 AM   #10241
AlpineWhite_SJ
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Didn’t say they were the same, but you are telling me liberal MN is a low tax state? That’ll be news to the Republican Party here.

You live in one of the most expensive regions in the country, what do you expect? Didn’t you say you were moving?
Numbers are relative, or didn't you know that? 30% lower is low tax to me, but high tax to someone else. Your point you were trying to badly make was that your tax situation wasn't all that different to CA, despite not disclosing specifics. It is. It will likely always be. Enjoy it.

What might be interesting is if you can point to some services you derive from that tax rate that you're aware of, that might not be available if you were in a lower tax state. Sayyyy, Texas. It's not my fault you haven't run the cost/benefit analysis for where you live. I have, and it's upside down. Hence, planning to move.

Yes, you can keep taunting the moving stuff. It might actually be funny one day to someone who has shallow roots and a cookie cutter home that can up and leave in a few weeks. This will have 6+ months because I'm not moving into just any house and, as mentioned, have a few essential projects at this house to get it ready for sale.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 01:43 AM   #10242
AlpineWhite_SJ
United_States
Rep

Quote:
And you think I care what you think? Worry about your own “look.”

Who says “lasers” in that context?
This is literally going in my signature...

Quote:
Appreciate 2
minn197108.50
MKSixer24974.50

07-14-2020, 06:29 AM   #10243
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Just gonna leave this here. Something fishy is going on...

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/or...ort-has-errors
MKSixer24974.50
BimBimM2776.50

07-14-2020, 08:34 AM   #10244
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post

Oh boy. You did it now!!

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent14175.00

07-14-2020, 08:48 AM   #10245
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:

Fishy?
I could smell fried smelt with onions months ago.
Nationwide fudge fest.
      07-14-2020, 08:57 AM   #10246
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Pretend you'd do something different if you were in the Administration's shoes. A hard lockdown would have meant troops in the streets, overriding many states leadership and all other sorts of things that scream dictatorship. Federal vs states rights and states rights won. We should all pay attention more to state and local elections because they ultimately determine more of our day to day life than who is President. I do, and now I'm moving to get the hell out of this poorly run shithole of a state.
What an intelligent administration would have done is stick to their own recommendations. Patting the backs of governors who re-opened their states against your own stated guidelines is just plain stupid. What we should have done is focus our attention on how to get the strong light inside the body. Kills it very quick. Bigly.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 3
minn197108.50
Dagamus_NM1551.00

07-14-2020, 08:58 AM   #10247
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
You should listen to everyone who has an opinion, look at the available data, and then come to a conclusion. If you really think that having outdoor dining is fine, but outdoor drinks from a bar is somehow different, I don't know what you're hoping to hear from your elected and appointed officials. It's political and not tied to a single scientific fact.
You can't see how properly spaced outdoor tables are different than a crowded bar?

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 1
minn197108.50

07-14-2020, 09:09 AM   #10248
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
I don't believe anything from any news media that comes from 'un-named sources'. Until someone is willing to stand behind it, it's usually bullshit'.

Not saying this is bullshit - but I don't pay any attention until someone has some credible evidence that isn't from 'un-named sources' - that is all.
And then when they leave the administration and spill the beans, they're suddenly "disgruntled former employees."

We have never had a president with such thin skin. Anyone who speaks a remotely conflicting word is banished. If you know anything about the corporate world, you know that high turnover is a red flag of poor leadership.

It's a convenient argument you've set up to keep the denial going, and that is by design.

How many people left the Obama administration and equated it to a dumpster fire? We've had countless do just that during this administration.

Appreciate 2
minn197108.50

07-14-2020, 09:12 AM   #10249
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Yikes, California just completely locked down again. The default wave just started too, full blown epic depression soon. I still think a global conflict will be spawned out of this, everything is destabilizing. Horrible leadership top to bottom, complete failure from the executive level to local mayors.

This thing was never going to be contained, the half ass lockdown only prolonged what we all knew was coming anyway. The ChiComs weren’t welding people in their apartments because masks work, it’s airborne and they know it. Everyone is going to get this thing eventually, and we destroyed tens of millions of jobs, careers, and livelihoods along the way with tens of millions more coming soon.

Oh well, what’s for dinner?

Interesting read: https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/
Wait, who's the doom porn guy again?

Appreciate 1
minn197108.50

07-14-2020, 09:41 AM   #10250
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
And then when they leave the administration and spill the beans, they're suddenly "disgruntled former employees."

We have never had a president with such thin skin. Anyone who speaks a remotely conflicting word is banished. If you know anything about the corporate world, you know that high turnover is a red flag of poor leadership.

It's a convenient argument you've set up to keep the denial going, and that is by design.

How many people left the Obama administration and equated it to a dumpster fire? We've had countless do just that during this administration.
So - couple of things here.

1) You are looking at this through the lens of you being anti-Trump and me being pro-Trump, which I certainly am not.

2) I agree 100% with everything you just said about the current administration.

3) Remove the left/right fight for a moment and just look at my statement in a vacuum.

Irrespective of who the administration is, whether it is political, national, local, a school board, a corporate attorney, commentary about financial statements of a bank, stock market news, news about fish, news about cows, reviews of hardwood floors, it doesn't matter.

If the report comes from 'un-named sources' it should be disregarded as bullshit until evidence arises that is backed up by actual people willing to stand behind something.

07-14-2020, 09:52 AM   #10251
AlpineWhite_SJ
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
You can't see how properly spaced outdoor tables are different than a crowded bar?
Read slower. I didn’t’ say indoor bar service, I said outdoors. It’s the same as sitting at a properly spaced outdoor table for food, just with drinks. Literally the only difference is what is being put down on the table.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 09:57 AM   #10252
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Read slower. I didn’t’ say indoor bar service, I said outdoors. It’s the same as sitting at a properly spaced outdoor table for food, just with drinks. Literally the only difference is what is being put down on the table.
Read slower. I didn't say indoor bar either.

People at bars, outdoor or indoor, do not maintain the recommended distancing. And the more the booze flows, the closer people seem to get.

Appreciate 0