BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      04-08-2021, 03:05 PM   #1
Alpine650
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 650i xDrive Vert

Warranty Does Not Apply

I documented my experience with the vibration/shaking problem at 1500-2000 RPMs that many others have experienced in a separate thread https://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1808437. Here is BMW N.A. final response to my Better Business Bureau Complaint. It amazes me how they can just outright lie. They state vibration was a result of bent wheels. They straightened 7 wheels and sold me 2 new wheels while trying to identify the source of the problem, it did NOT fix it. BMW rep stated it was the torque converter, but it is "within tolerance". Still under manufacturer Warranty. I will never buy another BMW. And dealership was not helpful at all - they act like they are just the middle man.

Our BMW of North America technical service engineer inspected the 2017 BMW 650i xDrive Convertible vehicle on 2/26/21 with regard to the customer complaint of vehicle vibrations. Customer drove with the BMW engineer and the shop foreman. The vehicle was inspected on a lift and everything found in order. The vehicle was connected for diagnostics and no fault codes for any relevant systems relating to engine and transmission operation were found. Previously on 8/17/2020 @ 31,277 miles there were vibrations felt while braking- it was corrected by replacing the front brake pads and rotors. Additionally, vibrations in the steering wheel and vehicle body were a result of bent/damaged wheels. On 12/28/2020 @ 36,890 miles the complete driveshaft was replaced to address the current concern of vibration while driving at highway speeds under slight load. It has been determined that the vehicle is operating properly and is considered normal drivetrain harmonics/vibrations as was explained to the customer. Please note this is our final response on this matter and our file will be closed.
Appreciate 0