BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

04-11-2021, 03:14 PM   #23
babaikram
M6GCComp, Porsche Cayman S PDK, Peug 208 GT1 BPS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
So this is after treatment with Dr. Beasleys. I had a high lumen led light on it so the scratche is very visible. But under normal ambient lighting it is very hard to see. Almost invisible. The matte coating does help. But it ofcourse is inly a form of cover up or camouflage.

I could probably do with refinishing the rear bumper later. There were some other imperfections specifically on the rear bumper.

Other than that, man.... FROZEN PAINT is beautiful!!!

I added a coulle pics of the car. Check my ither thread about getting the car for more pics.

Any dark areas that look wet on the front are from where I just needed to wipe down the matte coating a bit more.
Did you apply Dr Beasley treatment yourself or a detailer helped?

I don't trust myself not to scratch the car when trying to apply.

Thanks
      04-11-2021, 10:32 PM   #24
Mdriv3r
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Garage List
I did apply it on my own. I washed the car gently with Dr Beasleys matte shampoo with a microfiber wash mit. I then did a final rinse of the car with deionized water. I also filled a spray bottle with deionized water and started applying the matte coating in my garage.

I had a powerful led (425 watt equivalent not sure how many lumens). I also had a second powerful light focused on the car as well. This is needed so you can see well. I then gently wetted the car, applied the coating, and removed excess with a clean microfiber cloth.

Just follow the videos and directions on Dr. Beasleys website. You can also watch that video I post from AMMO NYC, Larry Kozilla has some great videos on washing a car with a proper two bucket method.

Last thing, I also used a grit guard, bought from amazon. This was to make sure I didnt pick up any dirt in the wash mit.
Appreciate 1
babaikram511.50