BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > Commercial Classifieds [6 Series and M6]

11-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
GMP Performance
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, E82 135i, E90 325i

'06 BMW M6 w/ AC Schnitzer springs, MRR wheels, Supersprint Exhaust & Camber Bushings

The owner of this 2006 BMW M6 has been coming to our shop for a while now always adding little by little to get the M6 just right. Over time we have added AC Schnitzer lowering springs, MRR wheels and Supersprint Sport mufflers. All of these parts add to the M6 in great ways, however with the AC Schnitzer springs the additional alignment adjustment was needed in the rear.

To correct this a set of Specialty Products bushings were installed in the rear upper control arms to not only fix the camber issues but also replace the factory worn bushings.

Parts Installed:

MRR Wheels
AC Schnitzer Springs
Supersprint Sport Muffler (Left)
Supersprint Sport Muffler (Right)
Specialty Products Camber Bushings
Sprint Booster Throttle Upgrade

To start things out if you notice that your tires are wearing funny always get things checked out asap. Our customer did not notice how bad things were getting till the tire was pretty much destroyed.

Just showing the difference of the stock bushings vs the Specialty Products Bushings

To install these bushings the rear upper control arms have to be removed from the car, the old bushings pressed out and the new bushings pressed back into the arms.

Stock bushings still in place

After pressing out the old bushings and pressing in the new ones the links were re-installed. The bolts were left loose due to the car still needing to be aligned.

From there the M6 was taken over to our Hunter HawkEye Elite alignment machine to get put back into spec.

Before:

After:

With the Hunter HawkEye Elite we are able to have custom tuned alignment specs and this M6 was no different. Our customer uses the car for daily driving and a lot of highway miles. The M6 runs aggressive camber in the rear, so instead of setting it to exact spec we took some of the camber out of the rear to help prolong the life of the rear tires.

All ready to roll:

Click here to see the complete build with 53 images of this build.

Trey @ GMP Performance
Phone: 704-525-0941 x 254
Email: trey@gmpperformance.com
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
spdrcrgtr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Heritage

Are there any bushing available for the 640 gran coupe? So that when you lower it, the alignment is still good.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
GMP Performance
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

There are a some limited options for the newer models. It really depends on how low you would like to go. The rear toe adjustments only allow 2 degrees of adjustment in camber/toe, so it will certainly help, but may not be enough adjustment to eliminate premature tire wear with lowered suspension.

The picture below shows an option for the 640 Gran Coupe rear adjustment. Please click the image for more details.

Trey @ GMP Performance
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #4
GMP Performance
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Make those expensive tires last longer!!

Trey @ GMP Performance
Appreciate 0