BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-21-2015, 03:01 AM   #23
scottie46
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C63 / F80 M3 x2 / 991.2CS

Can I get pricing?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 03:48 AM   #24
m6beast
Captain
Rep
Drives: stock m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie46 View Post
Can I get pricing?
Hello Scottie send me an email info@mstreetracing.com with some details and I'll respond back with all data testing, product overview and pricing

G
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 03:51 AM   #25
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie46 View Post
Can I get pricing?
Also if you look up my Instagram "m6beast" you can see some pics and latest videos of the intake on the F10/13 M5/M6 as well as newest MSR Intake for the F80/82 M3/M4
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 12:49 PM   #26
shiftn7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 14 SL550, 14 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe@trinityautosport View Post
Just installed MSR's Intake. Sounds AMAZING! I'm letting the car adapt to the new intake and I'll be dyno'ing it in couple of weeks

Pricing? Install guide as I keep reading adaptation of the car. I am assuming driving until the car remaps itself to the intake?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 03:46 PM   #27
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftn7 View Post
Pricing? Install guide as I keep reading adaptation of the car. I am assuming driving until the car remaps itself to the intake?
Info@mstreetracing.com for all data testing product over view and pricing, to much data to post

Yes do to it's unconventional design it takes a good week to two weeks depending on driving style car to fully adapt
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 11:31 PM   #28
BTF13M6
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast
Hey Chask

I sent you a PM, send me an email at info@mstreetracing.com too much data to PM I'll reply back with all the details.

Hopefully Joe can post his experience as well as Dyno numbers. From what he told me the Dyno nymbers showed some impressive gains with that Id rather him give details from his own experiences.
George,

Please PM me the price and explain the "break in" period as well.

20" ADV.1 5.0 MV1SL with Pirelli Pzero's
Custom Painted Grill, side markers and tinted front reflectors, Dinan Stage 1.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2015, 06:24 AM   #29
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTF13M6 View Post
George,

Please PM me the price and explain the "break in" period as well.
What's up just letting you know I sent you all the data testing, product over view and pricing. Thank you for your interest,

G
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 12:56 PM   #30
TXAlex
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M8 Competition Gran Coupe

m6beast: Thank you for all the information. I can't wait to do the install!!!

Cheers,

Alex
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 02:26 PM   #31
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXAlex View Post

Cheers,

Alex
You got it call me any time for any questions you may have!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 12:47 AM   #32
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXAlex View Post

Cheers,

Alex
My latest creation

MSR M4 INTAKE
http://youtu.be/eWEOI52WoYU
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2015, 04:16 AM   #33
chask
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe@trinityautosport View Post
Just installed MSR's Intake. Sounds AMAZING! I'm letting the car adapt to the new intake and I'll be dyno'ing it in couple of weeks

Any news on the dyno testing?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2015, 03:39 PM   #34
HoustonRider
big pimpin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC and 2015 4 GC

George, I just got my setup today, turned around and sent it out to Jet Hot Coatings for some finish work, should be back to me in a week or so...

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2015, 06:50 PM   #35
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRider View Post
George, I just got my setup today, turned around and sent it out to Jet Hot Coatings for some finish work, should be back to me in a week or so...

Awesome bro! Can't wait to see it done... That thing should be blinging!!!

Welcome to the club bro...!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 12:20 PM   #36
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2o13 m6 f13

This is what you get when you take an MSR intake and have it ceramic coated and polished by JetHot.

This thing is going to shine like a diamond in a goats ass!

/// 2o13 m6 f13 . jb4 tuned . meth injected . msr intake . 21" adv1 wheels . eisenmann race w/ catless DPs . vorsteiner full aero . accuair e-level w/ bagged KW V3 struts . dinan sways . bel stir+ w/ alp jammer . jl audio subs
/// 2o13 x5m e70 . velos tuned . 22" adv1 wheels . dropped on kw variant3 coilovers . passport 9500ci radar & jammer. gets groceries fast
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 04:42 PM   #37
HoustonRider
big pimpin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC and 2015 4 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian View Post
This is what you get when you take an MSR intake and have it ceramic coated and polished by JetHot.

Looks good! That's the finish I ordered for mine. Wanted to go with a dark bronze or something a little more bold, but I played it safe
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 09:17 AM   #38
evilb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: McLaren MSO 570S, 18 Raptor

I love the concept, and it is without a doubt the best sounding and performing intake on the market. That being said, am I the only one that is dissapointed with the quality of the welds? They're incredibly visible, and look fairly inconsistent. For the price, I was hoping for closer to 'perfect' looking welds.

It's possible I'm being overly critical, but just my $0.02.
      04-13-2015, 01:38 PM   #39
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilb View Post
I love the concept, and it is without a doubt the best sounding and performing intake on the market. That being said, am I the only one that is dissapointed with the quality of the welds? They're incredibly visible, and look fairly inconsistent. For the price, I was hoping for closer to 'perfect' looking welds.

You are not the only one that noticed the welds... The welds could definitely use some love so I agree with you on this for sure.

Once they are in the car they look badass. I don't think there is another intake that looks as good (even with imperfect welds).

Brian
/// 2o13 m6 f13 . jb4 tuned . meth injected . msr intake . 21" adv1 wheels . eisenmann race w/ catless DPs . vorsteiner full aero . accuair e-level w/ bagged KW V3 struts . dinan sways . bel stir+ w/ alp jammer . jl audio subs
/// 2o13 x5m e70 . velos tuned . 22" adv1 wheels . dropped on kw variant3 coilovers . passport 9500ci radar & jammer. gets groceries fast
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 02:05 PM   #40
chask
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilb View Post

I am with you on good welds. I think these are plenty good ones though maybe not cosmetically perfect.

With most welding a nice bead is okay but what you are after is strength and good penetration. For this kind of thing the strength is not an issue - it's all cosmetics and a good seal. Having done a lot of this very thing (though quite some time ago) I know it takes a bit of time to develop that technique on thin wall tubing when you are used to what is more conventional welding. There also are some affects that come out with coatings. We painted the pipes where I learned to weld. At my current place we do a lot of Cerakoting. Bead blasting is the first step and occasionally material is removed. The weld and tubing next to it are of different hardness (hardness changes with the heat from the welding process and how you cool it) and can react differently to the bead blasting. Plus the coatings will likely augment or highlight some things that were not apparent before. The only way to tell for sure would be to see the welds before the other work.

I just got my M6 a few weeks ago and started looking at some of these things. I checked out a lot of exhaust systems and down pipes as well as stuff made for the inlet side. Funny, but after going through about everybody's stuff I had thought the MSR product looked like it had better welds than almost all the other items I looked at - heat penetration was even around the weld path (no big bulges indicating dwelling too long at one spot) and the bead puddling was also pretty even. It wasn't as perfect as what I saw where I learned to weld but it was pretty close and far better than any of the other stuff I had seen.

When I had my house remodeled there were a couple of temporary switches the electrician had put in that were of the old toggle style (little thin switch). A decora plate was put on there though to protect someone from accidentally getting an electrical shock. The way the decora plate lined up with the old switch mounting holes put the plate too high. it was in a small dark passageway and when the painter came around they just painted as is. Then the electrician came back and put in the right switch, soon followed by the painter who hit the switch plate cover. But he missed the spot just below. that had been covered by the plate mounted on the wrong but temporary switch. Well, it's still like that and no one ever notices. Not even me - and I definitely know it's there. I would not worry about this. The welds will "disappear" once installed. What you will notice is the way it works.

That said, if I end up putting some mods on my M6 this is the system I intend to get. No question about it at all for me. None. What you started off with pretty much says it all - "I love the concept, and it is without a doubt the best sounding and performing intake on the market."

Last edited by chask; 04-13-2015 at 03:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 04:06 PM   #41
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chask View Post
I am with you on good welds. I think these are plenty good ones though maybe not cosmetically perfect.

With most welding a nice bead is okay but what you are after is strength and good penetration. For this kind of thing the strength is not an issue - it's all cosmetics and a good seal. Having done a lot of this very thing (though quite some time ago) I know it takes a bit of time to develop that technique on thin wall tubing when you are used to what is more conventional welding. There also are some affects that come out with coatings. We painted the pipes where I learned to weld. At my current place we do a lot of Cerakoting. Bead blasting is the first step and occasionally material is removed. The weld and tubing next to it are of different hardness (hardness changes with the heat from the welding process and how you cool it) and can react differently to the bead blasting. Plus the coatings will likely augment or highlight some things that were not apparent before. The only way to tell for sure would be to see the welds before the other work.

I just got my M6 a few weeks ago and started looking at some of these things. I checked out a lot of exhaust systems and down pipes as well as stuff made for the inlet side. Funny, but after going through about everybody's stuff I had thought the MSR product looked like it had better welds than almost all the other items I looked at - heat penetration was even around the weld path (no big bulges indicating dwelling too long at one spot) and the bead puddling was also pretty even. It wasn't as perfect as what I saw where I learned to weld but it was pretty close and far better than any of the other stuff I had seen.

When I had my house remodeled there were a couple of temporary switches the electrician had put in that were of the old toggle style (little thin switch). A decora plate was put on there though to protect someone from accidentally getting an electrical shock. The way the decora plate lined up with the old switch mounting holes put the plate too high. it was in a small dark passageway and when the painter came around they just painted as is. Then the electrician came back and put in the right switch, soon followed by the painter who hit the switch plate cover. But he missed the spot just below. that had been covered by the plate mounted on the wrong but temporary switch. Well, it's still like that and no one ever notices. Not even me - and I definitely know it's there. I would not worry about this. The welds will "disappear" once installed. What you will notice is the way it works.

That said, if I end up putting some mods on my M6 this is the system I intend to get. No question about it at all for me. None. What you started off with pretty much says it all - "I love the concept, and it is without a doubt the best sounding and performing intake on the market."
^^ Now that is a hell of a response. Appreciate the input you provided being you have welding experience.

Brian
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 04:25 PM   #42
messm6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Quote:

I should have mine in two days and Its going right on the beast! The welds give it character. Cant wait to hear and feel the difference!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2015, 02:20 AM   #43
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Wrinkle Black

For Some Who Like That Stealth Look!

I had these done on my R&D pipes just to see how it would turn out, actually better then I thought.
Attached Images

Last edited by m6beast; 04-14-2015 at 02:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2015, 03:17 AM   #44
chask
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by messm6 View Post
I should have mine in two days and Its going right on the beast! The welds give it character. Cant wait to hear and feel the difference!
Quote:
^^ Now that is a hell of a response. Appreciate the input you provided being you have welding experience.

Brian
I was going to say something silly about the only character I want to see is the one driving the car that is rapidly disappearing in my rear view mirror. But I don't do that sort of stuff anymore. Oh, I do enjoy the driving but the competition isn't my thing. I guess those actuary tables are right, one does behave more sensibly when they are older. But I am rediscovering that I still get a charge out of the tuning aspect.

Funny or not so funny nonsense aside, I am very interested in hearing your report on the difference.
Appreciate 0