BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      07-07-2020, 05:09 AM   #1
f17_ant
Rep
Drives: ..

Talking M6 Gran Coupe advice

Hi everyone

Finally decided (after playing around with a mates f10 m5) for my next car I want a M6 Gran Coupe . I really want to stretch for a facelift model but if not will still be happy with a pre-facelift.

When viewing one is there anything in particular I should look for ? any common issues in certain years ?. Obviously ill view ones with full service history and the common evidence that a car has been looked after.

And my final question if I do get a facelift model can apple carplay be coded in?? I have seen it been done but it was on a 2016 M6 GC and im not sure if its just the facelift that can have them coded in for from a certain year.

thanks in advance

Antony
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 07:35 AM   #2
Taheemr
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

If your budget stretches go for the LCI model, not much goes wring with these also best to have a warranty and a car with a good history inc 1200 service
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 07:37 AM   #3
f17_ant
Rep
Drives: ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taheemr View Post
If your budget stretches go for the LCI model, not much goes wring with these also best to have a warranty and a car with a good history inc 1200 service
Nice to know not much goes wrong with these!! Perfect will look out for the 1200 mile service
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 02:00 AM   #4
Infiniteflow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6GC SMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by f17_ant View Post
Hi everyone

Finally decided (after playing around with a mates f10 m5) for my next car I want a M6 Gran Coupe . I really want to stretch for a facelift model but if not will still be happy with a pre-facelift.

When viewing one is there anything in particular I should look for ? any common issues in certain years ?. Obviously ill view ones with full service history and the common evidence that a car has been looked after.

And my final question if I do get a facelift model can apple carplay be coded in?? I have seen it been done but it was on a 2016 M6 GC and im not sure if its just the facelift that can have them coded in for from a certain year.

thanks in advance

Antony
Just picked up the pre-LCI version and I do not regret it a bit, although I put a lot of thoughts to this before making the decision on my car. There are some subtle changes from pre-LCI to LCI but I actually like the pre-LCI headlight better than the LCI too so I honestly won't let this bother you if I were you because the changes were really subtle changes. However, if you do not like the look of pre-LCI then yes go for LCI cuz retrofitting the headlight alone is going to be hella expensive and not worth it.

As far as getting the apple play coded in, I don't know this one but I was thinking of purchasing Bimmertech MMI Prime because I really do not like the i-drive that much.

here is the link https://www.bimmer-tech.net/category...y-mmi-retrofit

Good luck!
Appreciate 0