BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-26-2021, 11:14 AM   #1
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Man designs/builds his own Japanese garden/koi pond (video)

This is a completely random post and I just happened to stumble across this video on YouTube a bit earlier today. I'm always interested in seeing how people design their homes and/or gardens and whatnot. I particularly like Japanese style gardens and have never seen something like you'll see in this guy's video. Apparently he designed and did all of this with his own hands, even carving the Kanji characters (complete with mistakes, lol) on stones himself. The small details he put into his layout is incredible.

I don't know where in England this gentleman lives but it looks to be a relatively modest house (middle class?) and I don't think he has any extensive background with Japan. What he has done here is simply amazing. I wish I had a koi pond and garden like this guy put together. It's a somewhat long video but well worth viewing IMHO. Being able to chill and view/listen to this garden on a daily basis would be awesome. He explains some things at the beginning before his handheld camera begins the exploration of his home/garden.

Appreciate 1
omasou2088.00
      06-26-2021, 12:40 PM   #2
omasou
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
That is one serious bit of landscaping.

To tell the truth, I'm more interested in how he keeps the water clean. He's doing something right b/c I doubt he bought fish that size, which means they grew. In fact, I'd say he has too many fish, especially that size, for even that much water.

He also planted the Japanese red maples way too close to the walls. Yes, they grow very slowly but in 10 years they will be pushing on the walls unless he treats them like bonsai. Even the green maple near the pond is getting pretty tall though the trunk was surprisingly narrow for that height. Make me wonder if he's taking swapping out plants when they get too big. Not judging but more interested in how he's maintaining everything w/o it looking overgrown.

All in all very impressive. He must spend all his time out there maintaining it and it shows.
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12796.50
      06-26-2021, 01:14 PM   #3
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Yeah I was kind of wondering about stuff like that too. I think he hasn't had his garden for that long so maybe he hasn't encountered issues with overgrowth yet? I can't imagine how much time and money he must have put into his efforts. Really impressive.
Appreciate 0