m630
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M Comp / ‘22 X3 / f136

Garage List
‘22 X4MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funf6cyl View Post
I do not think your first statement is accurate, at least not in my own experience. Most of these cars go to long time, and repeat customers and/or VIP Program members. If you walked into a dealer, enough cash or not, you’re unlikely to be able to buy a car.
I also think that most people who buy GT models are enthusiasts. Something like 90% of GT cars are tracked, so that should tell you who’s buying them.
Sorry not true in any way. Its always all about who you know and how much you can afford period. Trust me Im fortunate to be around just such people. I never said that ‘anyone’ can get one, i said that anyone with enough resources can get one, thats a very very big difference.

Second on GT cars, if you dont think that a good portion of owners arent just buying to say they have the most expensive model because they can afford it you are kidding yourself, its human nature.
And you misunderstand my point. Im not saying that some that buy GT cars arent enthusiasts, Im saying they are no more enthusiasts than anyone else that loves the brand or cars in general, they just happen to have lots of disposable income to enjoy such luxuries...but that makes them no more of a car enthusiast than say someone with a modded wrx or civic for that matter, they are just super fortunate to have lots of extra cash around.

Point it your post talks down to people as if GT owners are more enthusiastic than anyone else because they can afford a GT car and that is just not true, its rude.

Im a P car luver and have 3 911s in the family, but i dont think anyone else that may not have the resources is any lesser of any enthusiast.

There is a small percentage that track them, most are too scared to as it affects resale greatly and at the end of the day, most are more interested in protecting the value than actually using what they were built for, too many peps I know are like this but its all about status to some.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 11:17 AM   #24
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff113 View Post
4 seconds is a big difference on a 12-mile track???
At these performance levels, yes.