BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

02-22-2020, 09:33 PM   #1
thomas3492
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82

Question abt m6 m-performance exhaust

My 2017 M6 with competition pkg. and with factory full titanium Mperformance exhaust. I would like to ECU stage 2 on my car recently. My question if the downpipe is titanium or just regular normal downpipe? is it necessary to upgrade downpipes in my case?

thanks guys
      02-22-2020, 11:00 PM   #2
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

There not titanium ,there regular catted downpipes, Its not necessary to upgrade unless you want more sound you can go catless downpipes, stage 2 you have to gap your spark plugs .020
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2020, 11:30 PM   #3
thomas3492
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
There not titanium ,there regular catted downpipes, Its not necessary to upgrade unless you want more sound you can go catless downpipes, stage 2 you have to gap your spark plugs .020
Thanks for letting me know,
      02-23-2020, 10:26 AM   #4
Jeffxxx
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw m6 GC competition

Quote:
Which stage 2 doesn't require catless downpipes?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 10:01 PM   #5
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffxxx View Post
Some company’s stages are different than others , ex. DME tuning has 3 stages stage 1 is just tune with significant pump in power , stage 2 is more power than stage 1 but requires gapped or colder plugs on 91 octane , Stage 3 requires gapped or colder plugs and must use 93 octane for a higher bump in power , none of these stages require catless downpipes, if intakes and downpipes were added later the DME will compensate and add the extra power and throttle response so no follow up tune is needed but you will want cold start removed if you went catless , cold starts are brutally loud .

Now you can go above and beyond with upgraded turbos , meth injection, upgraded clutch and supported rear with axles and driveshaft , I’m not sure what stage these would be considered, some companies have packages with there own set stages.
Appreciate 1
HeyKC101.50
      02-23-2020, 11:54 PM   #6
thomas3492
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffxxx View Post
Some company’s stages are different than others , ex. DME tuning has 3 stages stage 1 is just tune with significant pump in power , stage 2 is more power than stage 1 but requires gapped or colder plugs on 91 octane , Stage 3 requires gapped or colder plugs and must use 93 octane for a higher bump in power , none of these stages require catless downpipes, if intakes and downpipes were added later the DME will compensate and add the extra power and throttle response so no follow up tune is needed but you will want cold start removed if you went catless , cold starts are brutally loud .

Now you can go above and beyond with upgraded turbos , meth injection, upgraded clutch and supported rear with axles and driveshaft , I’m not sure what stage these would be considered, some companies have packages with there own set stages.
That is clear answer, thanks first. could you suggest some reliable ecu flashes brands? and i don't want too hardcore, i still willing daily drive after all, might track day sometimes. and widebody is good for performance in m6? i mean after stage 2, intake upgraded etc. i really into pd widebody. it's looks aggressive.
      02-24-2020, 08:31 PM   #7
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas3492 View Post
That is clear answer, thanks first. could you suggest some reliable ecu flashes brands? and i don't want too hardcore, i still willing daily drive after all, might track day sometimes. and widebody is good for performance in m6? i mean after stage 2, intake upgraded etc. i really into pd widebody. it's looks aggressive.
I would look into bootmod3 go on there website it gives you options, they send you a cable and install yourself via OBD2 port this way you can put it back to stock if you want, remove cold start if you go catless,it really doesnt matter how hardcore you go the drivability will be the same thats the beauty of turbos,

Im not sure how a wide body kit will affect performance but im sure its big money if you go with a legit kit and professional install, check out imsixxi on instagram
I believe his kit is by PSM
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0