BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-24-2021, 05:34 AM   #353
jsf721
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i X M Sport

This was for sure the pattern on the 1988 M3.

Less the 6th gear. Damm I miss that car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenXer View Post
WAIT WAIT! I though this was a Bimmer shift pattern
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Buug95917570.00
GenXer1365.00
      03-24-2021, 09:47 AM   #354
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I'm going to get HOSED!!!! And it's going to take a long time.

My wife got hit from behind by a roach coach yesterday. 963 original miles on the X3. She is fine, but will need new bumper, lower receiver, and repair of the door.

Is there a formula to determine diminished value?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 09:56 AM   #355
Buug959
Captain
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 335xi E90, GMC Sierra, VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I'm going to get HOSED!!!! And it's going to take a long time.

My wife got hit from behind by a roach coach yesterday. 963 original miles on the X3. She is fine, but will need new bumper, lower receiver, and repair of the door.

Is there a formula to determine diminished value?
That sucks. I'm glad the Mrs. is ok. I know it's cliche but it's only a vehicle. It can be repaired or, worst case, replaced.
      03-24-2021, 09:59 AM   #356
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemansE90335xi View Post
That sucks. I'm glad the Mrs. is ok. I know it's cliche but it's only a vehicle. It can be repaired or, worst case, replaced.
The pictures of the front of the roach coach, and the fact the wife says she was on the brakes and didn't move forward a bit towards her friend's car says a LOT about the safety of the X3.

We've only made a single payment, and now the car is marked for life. . .
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 10:06 AM   #357
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
The pictures of the front of the roach coach, and the fact the wife says she was on the brakes and didn't move forward a bit towards her friend's car says a LOT about the safety of the X3.

I'm glad your wife is ok - that's the main thing! But yeah, that sucks about the X3. Up here you can go after the other guy's insurance company if needed, but usually your insurance takes care of doing that.

Given it sounds like he rear ended her, he's clearly at fault, I would imagine insurance down there works somewhat the same? Here is a calculator that might help.

https://www.finder.com/ca/how-to-cal...ue-of-your-car
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 10:12 AM   #358
Buug959
Captain
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 335xi E90, GMC Sierra, VW Golf

Quote:

I'm not familiar with how your insurance works in CA but here I would be free to choose whichever bodyshop I wanted to repair my vehicle. Rest assured it would be the best shop in the city working on it. If properly repaired the only "mark" will be on the Carfax report. No biggie until you try to sell it and with only one payment under your belt I don't imagine that will be any time soon. Just keep photos of the damage to show any prospective buyers in the future so they know what the damage was and can decide if they're interested.
Honestly a bumper and rear door repair is not going to be a deal breaker for me as long as it was repaired properly.
      03-24-2021, 10:31 AM   #359
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

I haven't even spoke to my insurance yet. The last time I did that, even though the other party was at fault. I paid my deductible expecting my insurance company to get that back for me as well. APPARENTLY, in Cali, insurance is not even allowed to ask on my behalf (or so they said) I consulted an attorney (my dad) but he wasn't even sure, but tended to agree with the insurance on that one issue.
We have to wait up to 10 days for the fine CHP officer to file his report, but a rear-end with a witness in another vehicle to the screeching of tires makes it pretty clear the other driver will be saddled with fault. Wife was belted, no phone activity, at a complete stop on the offramp due to traffic in front of her.

I called the dealer, they gave me a company they refer all their repairs to, and the name included "Premier" so I think it will be done right. There were a shit-ton of Land Rover, Porsche, and MB SUVs in various levels of rear-end repair in the shop . . .

I'm just trying to calm myself in preparation for the upcoming battle with insurance company.
Appreciate 2
Buug95917570.00
vreihen1615402.50
      03-24-2021, 10:35 AM   #360
Boomer 2019
Track Rat
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Yeah, I never use just the camera, but the camera is the only way to see that space right behind your car that you can't see through the mirrors or when you turn around to look. A must, and that is why all new cars come with them.
I never rely solely on the back up camera as it only displays what is directly behind you. When you are parked between cars, or even worse, SUV's or Trucks, you have no idea what may be about to cross behind you unless you turn your head and look to either side as you inch your "tush" slowly out. All the time hoping that any oncoming traffic will see you and stop, or if not, that you will see them and stop. THEN I use the camera to keep from backing into the vehicles in the row behind me.
      03-24-2021, 10:42 AM   #361
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
I haven't even spoke to my insurance yet. The last time I did that, even though the other party was at fault. I paid my deductible expecting my insurance company to get that back for me as well. APPARENTLY, in Cali, insurance is not even allowed to ask on my behalf (or so they said) I consulted an attorney (my dad) but he wasn't even sure, but tended to agree with the insurance on that one issue.
We have to wait up to 10 days for the fine CHP officer to file his report, but a rear-end with a witness in another vehicle to the screeching of tires makes it pretty clear the other driver will be saddled with fault. Wife was belted, no phone activity, at a complete stop on the offramp due to traffic in front of her.

I called the dealer, they gave me a company they refer all their repairs to, and the name included "Premier" so I think it will be done right. There were a shit-ton of Land Rover, Porsche, and MB SUVs in various levels of rear-end repair in the shop . . .

I'm just trying to calm myself in preparation for the upcoming battle with insurance company.
I can't imagine your wife being at fault in this one. As far as I know, 99.9% of the time, the person that hits someone from behind is at fault, period.

I've had nothing but good experience with my insurance company, Travelers. I've been in a couple of fender benders (not my fault) and they took good care of me. They made certain only OEM parts were used for repair. I've heard horror stories about some of the big name insurance companies always trying to go cheap and get after market parts rather than OEM, etc. I heard this directly from people that worked for those insurance companies. Travelers may not be the cheapest, but it's peace of mind. Eventually in one case my deductible was paid back as well as paying for the entire cost of damages which was in the thousands. That was before they actually collected money from the other party so they were proactive which was nice.

Fortunately for me, Travelers has a body shop they work with that is close to where I live and they actually had people on site at the body shop. They called it Concierge service and they always kept me up to date on my repairs. Of course I got a free rental car during the time car was repaired.

I don't know what formula is used for diminished value but I remember receiving a check from the insurance company for that amount.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 10:55 AM   #362
Lady Jane
Cailín gan eagla.
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i and R1200RT bike.

Back on topic. He he he...

Younger men are done before it's starts.
Older men fall asleep before it's done.
Appreciate 2
Buug95917570.00
vreihen1615402.50
      03-24-2021, 10:58 AM   #363
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Ahhh, way to get a rise out of the men around here.
Appreciate 1
Lady Jane71177.00
      03-24-2021, 11:31 AM   #364
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post

Appreciate 1
Lady Jane71177.00
      03-24-2021, 11:34 AM   #365
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

All right!! Middle aged men be the best!

Murf (not yet 65....)
Appreciate 2
Lady Jane71177.00
Buug95917570.00
      03-24-2021, 12:01 PM   #366
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Name:  000-fall-out-of-bed.png
Views: 1483
Size:  108.9 KB
cmyx6go15771.50
Esteban43987.00
      03-24-2021, 12:09 PM   #367
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
I can't imagine your wife being at fault in this one. As far as I know, 99.9% of the time, the person that hits someone from behind is at fault, period.
Because California, I'd be willing to bet that the insurance companies no-fault the accident and let each person's no-fault coverage pay for their own repairs.

On the bright side, I believe that California is a diminished-value state should you want to start collecting the supporting documentation for a lawyer.....
      03-24-2021, 12:27 PM   #368
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:

Listening to their girlfriends or wives tell them how their day was?
Appreciate 1
Lady Jane71177.00
      03-24-2021, 12:50 PM   #369
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Because California, I'd be willing to bet that the insurance companies no-fault the accident and let each person's no-fault coverage pay for their own repairs.

On the bright side, I believe that California is a diminished-value state should you want to start collecting the supporting documentation for a lawyer.....
We have fault, there is a "following too close for current traffic conditions" vehicle code (help me out here Sedan_Clan

From what I can gather, there is diminished value, but I have to get it from the driver/company, not insurance.

See, I told you there would be hosing
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615402.50
      03-24-2021, 01:05 PM   #370
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
My first wife cheated on me with a former boyfriend.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 01:07 PM   #371
Lady Jane
Cailín gan eagla.
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i and R1200RT bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Listening to their girlfriends or wives tell them how their day was?
That would lead to heavy drinking not premature ejaculation or erectile dysfunction. I read books on the subject. he he he...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 01:10 PM   #372
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
My first wife cheated on me with a former boyfriend.
What are the odds that your ex-wife and your ex-boyfriend know each other. That's crazy!

Just kidding man. Same....both ex-wive's. Hell the second ex-wife cheated on me with her future husband, then cheated on him with her ex-husband, then cheated on both with her soon to be ex-husband.
Appreciate 3
Esteban43987.00
Joekerr7931.00
UncleWede18076.00
      03-24-2021, 01:13 PM   #373
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
That would lead to heavy drinking not premature ejaculation or erectile dysfunction. I read books on the subject. he he he...
I didn't realize there was a theme based on PE or ED. I thought it was a riddle. It's 2021, waking up leads to heavy drinking...or some form of inebriation, I guess it depends on what state a person lives in these days. Shit, walking to the mail box requires a drink afterwards for me.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 03:13 PM   #374
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

We ordered a Jeep back in January but they are just now putting the order through.

I just got an update from the rep that they (not me, they) decided to modify my order and take out one of my options (cold weather package) due to the shortages so that we could expedite the order. Literally the language I got.

I have responded requesting additional details and indicating in no way that I was necessarily agreeing with the deletion, but I wanted to understand the difference in timing if I waited for the option to be filled.

But I can only presume that if they are just modifying options now, that the Jeep is not even built. Which is greatly annoying to me. Especially since I emailed him in February to make sure the order was submitted (and he said it was), and then emailed him twice now in March to follow up on status, once in early March. Its not like my order dropped through the cracks and they forgot about it.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00